2024 Strive:ON

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Where was it rubbing? Where the brown bit is on both pieces?
Yeah they perfectly match up on the bike and as they’re both hard surfaces I guess they’re rubbing. I’m sure it’s only likely to be cosmetic but worth noting. I’ve fed it back to Canyon

IMG_5438.jpeg

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Do you have Invisiframe or Ride Wrap? I wonder if they can extend it down further?
RideWrap. I have effectively done that by adding some frame protection at the rubbing points but for those who don't wrap their frame it's not ideal.

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
Having not considered a Canyon before because of the direct selling thing, I'm now very tempted by this. My concerns are sizing and motor noise. @M AP , you mentioned you are going from a Reign L to Strive M, have you got your Strive yet? Just wondered how that worked out in terms of sizing and motor noise? My current Giant is very loud although it is getting on now and has done 3000+ miles.

I'm going from a Giant Trance E+ L 2019 to (potentially) a Strive M (although like everyone else in the thread it seems I am recommended both a M and L according to Canyon at 183cm tall and 85cm inside leg).

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Having not considered a Canyon before because of the direct selling thing, I'm now very tempted by this. My concerns are sizing and motor noise. @M AP , you mentioned you are going from a Reign L to Strive M, have you got your Strive yet? Just wondered how that worked out in terms of sizing and motor noise? My current Giant is very loud although it is getting on now and has done 3000+ miles.

I'm going from a Giant Trance E+ L 2019 to (potentially) a Strive M (although like everyone else in the thread it seems I am recommended both a M and L according to Canyon at 183cm tall and 85cm inside leg).
The bosch motor is loud uphill ( louder than Shimano 8000) and on downhill you have the clunk noise of the motor free wheel. But that is offset by the riding benefit of this amazing bike. And to be honest I just hear the clunk on the first meter of the downhill after that I have other thing to concentrate on as the bike is very fast.

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
Mine is arriving on Monday, much quicker than I was expecting 👊
Just ordered the Invisiframe kit plus the Zeb kit,so I've got that joy to look forward to next week🤬

Reactions: Jph

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Mine's in picking now, so hopefully should have it next week. Balso need to order my Invisiframe kit and 38 kit.

A hateful job to look forward to...

hubertsk

May 24, 2023
Gdansk, Poland
The bike just arrived today, can't wait to assemble this beast and try some local trails.
But firstly, inspired by @Rob Rides EMTB , I have some gold bits and pieces to install 🤩

Btw, @Rob Rides EMTB - did you add any volume spacers to the X2 shock? Stock X2 Performance that comes with Strive:ON has an "E-MTB" tune sticker on it, so I presume it might have some volume spacers pre-installed. I'm wondering if I should add volume spacers to the new X2 I'm installing.

IMG_4424.jpeg

IMG_4456.jpeg

Last edited:

Bjonok

Sep 28, 2019
Norway
I've ordered the Strive:ON CFR in size M and I'm going to wrap it like I've done all my bikes. But until now I've only used Invisiframe. As I can't find the 2024 Invisi for Strive:ON CFR 2024, I'm going for the RideWrap-brand.
Can anyone help me out and check if these are the right wrap-sheets for the Strive and fork?
Thank you for any help!

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 23.58.03.png

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I've ordered the Strive:ON CFR in size M and I'm going to wrap it like I've done all my bikes. But until now I've only used Invisiframe. As I can't find the 2024 Invisi for Strive:ON CFR 2024, I'm going for the RideWrap-brand.
Can anyone help me out and check if these are the right wrap-sheets for the Strive and fork?
Thank you for any help!

View attachment 116655
Invisiframe is available. That's what I'm ordering.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Initially I was offering to send Invisiframe my bike, but they got a medium in before mine. At the time they sent me the link they only had a medium option available.

That said, to avoid any hassle I've emailed them again to check 100% and sent them the link for the new bike.

Logically, most people would call it a 2023 bike, since it was released in the first half of 2023... It's just the manufacturers that like to call it next year's bike in May!

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
The bike just arrived today, can't wait to assemble this beast and try some local trails.
But firstly, inspired by @Rob Rides EMTB , I have some gold bits and pieces to install 🤩

Btw, @Rob Rides EMTB - did you add any volume spacers to the X2 shock? Stock X2 Performance that comes with Strive:ON has an "E-MTB" tune sticker on it, so I presume it might have some volume spacers pre-installed. I'm wondering if I should add volume spacers to the new X2 I'm installing.

View attachment 116653

View attachment 116654
Out of curiosity... Why?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Kashima too, but my man maths is struggling on this one.

Unless you can get really good money for your Performance Elite suspension so the upgrade price is minimal, I'd struggle to justify that.

Isn't that nearly £2.5k of parts? But you can get the LTD for £2300 more with the new SRAM drivetrain etc...

Sorry to be a Debbie downer - I guess I'm secretly hoping you'll tell me you found a way to swap the stock parts and a small amount of ££ for that little lot!

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Out of curiosity... Why?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Kashima too, but my man maths is struggling on this one.

Unless you can get really good money for your Performance Elite suspension so the upgrade price is minimal, I'd struggle to justify that.

Isn't that nearly £2.5k of parts? But you can get the LTD for £2300 more with the new SRAM drivetrain etc...

Sorry to be a Debbie downer - I guess I'm secretly hoping you'll tell me you found a way to swap the stock parts and a small amount of ££ for that little lot!
I suppose selling the Performance Elite shock and forks will get back £1000 or so? Not sure what the stock dropper would be worth considering the decent quality you can get aftermarket for relatively small amounts.
For me as much as I like the Kashima look and apparent performance I really don't think at my level of riding it'd offer any noticeable advantage. I have Performance Elite on my Orbea Rise and find the performance plenty good enough. I'll not be upgrading anything on my Strive:ON once I get it till I break it on the trail

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
are these skid plates that fragile or did you really hit hard?
also is there acros block stop by default on this bike?
In your video you don't show headset bottom bearing installation.
I hit it on a log that I was trying to clear (but failed). I put it down to bad luck.

No stop blocks on the bearing on this bike.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I suppose selling the Performance Elite shock and forks will get back £1000 or so? Not sure what the stock dropper would be worth considering the decent quality you can get aftermarket for relatively small amounts.
For me as much as I like the Kashima look and apparent performance I really don't think at my level of riding it'd offer any noticeable advantage. I have Performance Elite on my Orbea Rise and find the performance plenty good enough. I'll not be upgrading anything on my Strive:ON once I get it till I break it on the trail
Well that's kinda of the point. There is no difference from Performance Elite to Factory. The only difference is the Kashima, and even Pros can't tell the difference in riding it. So it's basically just bling.

I get the point in wanting it (I also want it!) but I can't even make the man maths add up. From what I gather, Performance Elite suspension never brings in close to as much on eBay as Factory suspension, because if people are changing they tend to want the Kashima. So it ends up being a costly change just to make things gold.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Well that's kinda of the point. There is no difference from Performance Elite to Factory. The only difference is the Kashima, and even Pros can't tell the difference in riding it. So it's basically just bling.

I get the point in wanting it (I also want it!) but I can't even make the man maths add up. From what I gather, Performance Elite suspension never brings in close to as much on eBay as Factory suspension, because if people are changing they tend to want the Kashima. So it ends up being a costly change just to make things gold.
Maybe he will put the bike back to stock when he sells it in the future and then can also sell the factory stuff separately?

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
There's no denying the Kashima stuff does look sick! and we often do upgrades that are purely cosmetic.

The 38 Performance Elite and Factory are basically identical performance wise but the Factory X2 shock has more adjustments than the Performance X2 on the Strive as standard so is an upgrade.

Personally I think the Fox Transfer dropper is a downgrade as it's unreliable and needs £200 spent on it every time it goes to the shop with an issue not to mention liberally no bike shop has nitrogen to fill it so nearly always needs to be sent to Fox. (my experience anyway).

Looks wise it's an upgrade (y)

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
We are trying to inject financial logic into a scenario where most of us change bikes every few years despite the cost,& the newer bike being only marginally better in most cases,I say if you want some kashima in your life & you don't mind spending the cash then go for it.
Personally I love buying new bikes & kit,as I'm sure we all do,it's an integral part of our sport/hobby.
I blame influencers like Rob Rides for encouraging us:unsure::ROFLMAO:

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
We are trying to inject financial logic into a scenario where most of us change bikes every few years despite the cost,& the newer bike being only marginally better in most cases,I say if you want some kashima in your life & you don't mind spending the cash then go for it.
Personally I love buying new bikes & kit,as I'm sure we all do,it's an integral part of our sport/hobby.
I blame influencers like Rob Rides for encouraging us:unsure::ROFLMAO:
Oh for sure. I'm not trying to dunk on his decision - I'd love Kashima on my bike. I just can't make my man-maths work to make it feasible when the existing suspension is basically the same, aside from some gold stanchions. Especially when the upgrade takes you into CFR LTD money.

If I could find an inexpensive way to swap the parts then I'd be all in! (Albeit, I'd go for a OneUp dropper.)

Anyway, I was just curious, not trying to be negative! It'll be awesome with that Factory gear on it.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Yeah for sure I’m not knocking the idea. If I could add all the components to the bike I’d have the CFR Ltd with all sorts draped on it! It’d be a beautiful beast!

If you can then why not

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Oh for sure. I'm not trying to dunk on his decision - I'd love Kashima on my bike. I just can't make my man-maths work to make it feasible when the existing suspension is basically the same, aside from some gold stanchions. Especially when the upgrade takes you into CFR LTD money.

If I could find an inexpensive way to swap the parts then I'd be all in! (Albeit, I'd go for a OneUp dropper.)

Anyway, I was just curious, not trying to be negative! It'll be awesome with that Factory gear on it.

The maths it's up to the owner ;)

Personally, if I had "Upgradits Sindrome", I would start with the Underdog, keeping all original equipment for a future sell or
choose the higher spec (RACE), selling all bits (I supose easier than the Mid level bike), and going this root, would have the RACE engine.

I wouldn't start on the mid level bike.

But each thing to each one! :)

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
Received my Underdog today - I am totally happy. Just surprised the Bosch is quite loud. My 2020 Levo was quieter by much. Also the Levo pushed stronger in the lower modes but I only rode up and down my street a couple of times. Will definitely keep it as it is a perfect fit for me in Large. 187cm with not so long legs and I can use the complete travel of the dropper post.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles