2023 WILD Coil compatibility

OZ-E

Jun 21, 2021
Australia
Rather than mix this in with the 20 something page long Wild thread, I think a stand alone thread will be helpful.
Please post on here what coil shocks you know fit and any spring rate/type recommendations.

So far I know the following shocks fit.

-Fox DHX
-Fox DHX 2
- MRP Hazard
- EXT Arma

Keen to hear if anybody has fitted Cane Creek, Ohlins, DVO, Rockshox, Marzocchi, Fast Fenix and Formula.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
I’ve run the following on a 2023 M10 medium….

DVO Jade
DVO Jade X
Ohlins TTX22M.2 (MTBM 2228 - with compression lever rotated from factory location)

maurocif

Nov 3, 2020
Rome
I replaced successfully the air shock in my L M10 Wild with a Rockshox super deluxe coil RCT, using a 450 lbs coil (my weight is 82 kg).

dieselbtle99

Subscriber
Sep 1, 2023
United States
I replaced successfully the air shock in my L M10 Wild with a Rockshox super deluxe coil RCT, using a 450 lbs coil (my weight is 82 kg).
What year shock? I had a brand new sdu air on XL Mteam and it hit the frame on full compression. Curious if you have any upclose pics of the shock installed and at full bottom out. Thanks

maurocif

Nov 3, 2020
Rome
What year shock? I had a brand new sdu air on XL Mteam and it hit the frame on full compression. Curious if you have any upclose pics of the shock installed and at full bottom out. Thanks
It's a 2022 model. I'm attaching some pictures taken today. Sorry, I don't have pictures at full bottom out, never experienced.

20231115_114450.jpg 20231115_114459.jpg 20231115_114442.jpg

dom_quattro

Dec 1, 2023
Bay Area, CA
My H10 arrives very soon (Medium) and I'm kinda bummed my '23 RS SDU coil likely won't work. It was a pull off from my Evil Wreckoning when I upgraded to the new PUSH Elevensix S. For science, I'll probably still try to fit the PUSH and see if it fits.

I emailed PUSH and they said they haven't tried fitting the newest PUSH SV Eight coil on a Wild either.

Van Isle MTB

Apr 15, 2023
Comox Valley, BC
My H10 arrives very soon (Medium) and I'm kinda bummed my '23 RS SDU coil likely won't work. It was a pull off from my Evil Wreckoning when I upgraded to the new PUSH Elevensix S. For science, I'll probably still try to fit the PUSH and see if it fits.

I emailed PUSH and they said they haven't tried fitting the newest PUSH SV Eight coil on a Wild either.
Any updates on that Push SV Eight coil fitting?
I'm on the fence between going with a Dhx2 that is known to fit or trying that SV Eight for clearances (I love their eleven six that I have on another bike)
kind of an expensive gamble, but it really does appear like it should be good.???

dom_quattro

Dec 1, 2023
Bay Area, CA
I'm on the fence between going with a Dhx2 that is known to fit or trying that SV Eight for clearances (I love their eleven six that I have on another bike)
kind of an expensive gamble, but it really does appear like it should be good.???

No updates :(
The SV Eight does LOOK like it has a similar build/shaping to the DHX2 which fits fine. But you're right, it's kind of an expensive gamble. Worst case scenario is you'd have to save the shock and send it back to be rebuilt for a different bike down the road I guess, so an expensive paper weight.

I also have the Push Elevensix S on my Wreckoning, and absolutely love it. Think of the tens of people you'd help by being the guinea pig tester for the SV Eight on the 2023+ wild frame!! :p

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
Call Push and ask them if they have sold any for the Wild. Or ask if they’ll do a refund should it not fit.
EXT was willing to do this for me. It fit and is absolutely incredible 🤙

dom_quattro

Dec 1, 2023
Bay Area, CA
Call Push and ask them if they have sold any for the Wild. Or ask if they’ll do a refund should it not fit.
EXT was willing to do this for me. It fit and is absolutely incredible 🤙
As of December 4th when I last asked:

Hello Dom, thank you for reaching out. We have not done any clearance testing on that bike. We can't guarantee that it's compatible with that frame at this time.

I just reached out to support to see if they'd be willing to work with me on fitment with the SV Eight, I'll report back!

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Rather than mix this in with the 20 something page long Wild thread, I think a stand alone thread will be helpful.
Please post on here what coil shocks you know fit and any spring rate/type recommendations.

So far I know the following shocks fit.

-Fox DHX
-Fox DHX 2
- MRP Hazard
- EXT Arma

Keen to hear if anybody has fitted Cane Creek, Ohlins, DVO, Rockshox, Marzocchi, Fast Fenix and Formula.
Good to know the Fox DHX fits, as I found a deal on one for $250.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles