2023 Pivot Shuttle SL - Super Light

eATX

Oct 9, 2022
ATX
What color is that?
So I picked up and rode my Pro X1 Shuttle SL yesterday. I turned it on today and after it cycles through the three colors all I get is one white light (not flashing) at the top of the display. It's pouring so I can't ride it at the moment. Anyone know what this means? Nothing in the troubleshooting directions to explain. Thanks! View attachment 102205
I can tell you exactly what it is after just having gone through the "same thing" myself. You have a defective battery. Jesse at Fauza service is bad-ass! [email protected] 877-774-6202 You can call him, do D2D toolbox verification, and they can have a battery sent to your shop, from Pivot, without you ever having to leave the house. Then drop it at BS at your leisure before they get the battery. It's a shame your shop didn't bother to test it before they gave it to you. : |

eATX

Oct 9, 2022
ATX
I can tell you exactly what it is after just having gone through the "same thing" myself. You have a defective battery. Jesse at Fauza service is bad-ass! [email protected] 877-774-6202 You can call him, do D2D toolbox verification, and they can have a battery sent to your shop, from Pivot, without you ever having to leave the house. Then drop it at BS at your leisure before they get the battery. It's a shame your shop didn't bother to test it before they gave it to you. : |
And BTW, it appears our world is getting a little more complicated, once again. Pivot handles the BIKE part throughout, and Fauza handles the E part. It's like F1. The car is the car, and the motor is the motor -- two different phone numbers. I learned that for the E part, don't even go to your BS, go to Fauza directly and diagnose your shit just like they do at the shop, only way faster, then Fauza orders the shit and you take your bike to the shop for execution only. That seems like the path of least resistance and least amount of downtime. Plus, YOU likely already know more than maybe only "one guy" in your BS. All this 'E-stuff' is really quite self-supportive unless you want to just park your shit forever while they diagnose, discuss, and finally resolve with two other parties. (Fauza supports, but Pivot ships) It's a new world my friends; buckle-up and pony-up. Cheers!

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I actually had a bad motor... the guys at Pivot figured it out and coordinated with the Fauza folks to get me a new motor in a day.... It was a learning experience for my LBS as it was his first Fazua experience. All in all it's a happy ending. Now if I can just get the data screens from Fazua to show on my Garmin, I'll be thrilled.

eATX

Oct 9, 2022
ATX
I actually had a bad motor... the guys at Pivot figured it out and coordinated with the Fauza folks to get me a new motor in a day.... It was a learning experience for my LBS as it was his first Fazua experience. All in all it's a happy ending. Now if I can just get the data screens from Fazua to show on my Garmin, I'll be thrilled.
Awesome! You must be at Pivot headquarters location? Fauza told me they control warranty, but parts ship from Pivot. It took a while/normal to ship mine. Nevertheless, next day was heroic in your case! So it appears a bad motor and bad battery do the same thing. Quick weird, visual cycle on display and then out. It was cool to see the diagnosis app -- it points right to the problem. One can do all this diagnosis from home with Fauza for next. Jesse at Fauza even called my shop after our call to queue the whole thing up! (Very good customer service, and cool! -- unusual these days! kudos!). Still haven't even been out on mine, but it looks cool powered-up. haha

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
Waiting for the Relay to come out and a bit worried about the issues coming up.
Really baffels me how serious companies put out produts with such issues...
Good service is important but really hope they sort their stuff out for next year...

eATX

Oct 9, 2022
ATX
Waiting for the Relay to come out and a bit worried about the issues coming up.
Really baffels me how serious companies put out produts with such issues...
Good service is important but really hope they sort their stuff out for next year...
I hear you. I wanted to wait for the same reasons, but it's a ways out too! I've been riding CC's frames even before Pivot was created; never w/o one the whole time. I'm counting on the >weight of that< to push me through any unforeseen issues with new gear. Seems all parties will have to make right on wide issues, or be severely punished by the market. I wanted to carpe diem though -- I 'm hoping this first e-bike puts me back into the epic loops, in spite of a pesky knee.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
In addition to struggling with the Garmin connectivity, I'm not real clear on the method of changing riding profiles. I've figured out that if I select the profile I want, then go to ADVANCED SETTINGS I can change that profile, but I'm not sure how to select it for that ride. If I use the defaul profile there is no check in the upper right hand corner but if I am in the custom one I created there is. I can click the check mark which then disappears. I'm assuming that this selects it. But there is no way to do this with the default profile.
screen.png

Jimmy Gipsy

Oct 5, 2018
Italia
La connettività con Garmin non è ancora implementata. Attualmente puoi solo visualizzare alcuni dati con la dashboard di Fazua ma non registrarli.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
It appears my problems relate to connecting multiple things (Fazua app and Garmin) simultaneously to the bike... can only do one.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
So I've been experimenting with power settings. Last night I had everything pretty much maxed and rode 7.66 miles and had 59% of my battery left. I did 739 feet of climbing. Today I pulled turbo down to 300 and adjusted the others accordingly and rode 12 miles, climbed 870 feet and had 52% left. Next time I'm going to adjust the levels to what my Levo SL was, and I expect to see even better results.The good news is that today's ride showed me that even with fairly aggressive power application I can get 24 miles and 1500 feet of climbing on a full battery. My SL maxxed at around 23 miles. I suspect that maxxing my power at 250 will get me close to thirty miles range.

OKCORRELL

Nov 27, 2022
Series63test
I have a 203 Shimano on mine, a 200 should work.
Thanks for the reply. I asked because PIVOT listed a max of 180MM rotor on their website. After I successfully fit a 200MM on the rear, PIVOT also updated to include fitment of a 200 as well. Thanks, happy trails!

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
So... after my ride today, when I went to turn my bike back on, the controller broke. It now spins freely on the mount. I've emailed Pivot but I'm hoping I can come up with a temporary solution, which, I'm thinking, may involve super glue. Has anyone else had this happen and if so what was the resolution? Thanks!

MTB-WALES

Jul 6, 2020
Carmarthen
Been riding my pivot for a while, I changed it to a mullet couple of rides back. Totally changed handling for me. Feels like my levo but with better handling and more playful. Which is essentially what I was after. The short chainstays really help and in high the HA is about 64.5. Try it if you ride tight or steep.

OKCORRELL

Nov 27, 2022
Series63test
Been riding my pivot for a while, I changed it to a mullet couple of rides back. Totally changed handling for me. Feels like my levo but with better handling and more playful. Which is essentially what I was after. The short chainstays really help and in high the HA is about 64.5. Try it if you ride tight or steep.
I went mullet as well, lots of fun!

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
So I've been experimenting with power settings. Last night I had everything pretty much maxed and rode 7.66 miles and had 59% of my battery left. I did 739 feet of climbing. Today I pulled turbo down to 300 and adjusted the others accordingly and rode 12 miles, climbed 870 feet and had 52% left. Next time I'm going to adjust the levels to what my Levo SL was, and I expect to see even better results.The good news is that today's ride showed me that even with fairly aggressive power application I can get 24 miles and 1500 feet of climbing on a full battery. My SL maxxed at around 23 miles. I suspect that maxxing my power at 250 will get me close to thirty miles range.

were you using full power the entire ride, or a combination of low/ mid/boost? Also, what is your weight ready to ride if you don’t mind my asking.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
All I know is that it seems to have better range than my 2020 Levo SL had. At least a little bit more. I think if you manage your power usage you could get a ton of miles... I don't do that
I also get similar range to my wife’s Levi SL, a little more, but not much. My Rise did do bout 15% btter than the EXe.

Jayhawkeye3

Feb 8, 2023
Kansas City
Hey everyone! Newb to the board, but not a newb to EMTBing. Bought my wife an Orbea Rise H15 last fall so she could enjoy the trails with me. it's been fun, although now I'm shopping for one (isn't that the way it always goes?!??!?)

Question regarding the SL: What kind of sizing did you all go with? I rode a new Trail 429 in Bend this summer, and I went with a Large and it felt great across the board. I'm 5-10 170 with average build, so I'm right in between sizing all the dang time with my bikes. My current Evil Offering is a medium, and I feel cramped in the cockpit, so I'm thinking a large is the way to go given how similar the geo is to the 429.

Would love to get others opinions and appreciate being part of the board!

GolfMaster52

Oct 19, 2020
Bentonville, Arkansas
Welcome.. I am 5'10 - 1601bs, with average arm and leg length. I know what you mean about being in between sizes. But, it does allow for some flexibility. I went from a Large Trek Rail 9.8 to a medium Orbea Rise M10, and from looking at the numbers on the SL figured I would end up with a medium, as well. But in reality, the large doesn't seem that big. I went with the large and absolutely love it. I thought I might feel the difference out on the trail or at least in some tight switchbacks, but it rides so nice and controllable at speed, that I haven't given it a second thought, until now. Of course, riding both sizes is always best, but not always easy, or possible. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Jayhawkeye3

Feb 8, 2023
Kansas City
Thank you for the reply!

I just rode a large this afternoon and it felt amazing. Pulling the trigger and selling my Evil immediately! (Sorry for the hit to the checkbook, wifey lol)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles