2023 Orbea Rise M-Team - Replacement Stem Question

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
My 2023 Orbea Rise M-Team has just arrived. I have not yet picked it up from the bike shop. I bought an assortment of things from the bike shop that I wanted to change, mostly contact points (saddle, pedals, grips). I also want to change to a riser stem due to a recurring back issue that does better with a more upright posture. I purchased a stem on Amazon from a link a friend sent to me but I goofed and it's the wrong diameter. I talked to a kid at the LBS and he said they had to order the stem directly from Orbea which was news to me but may have something to do with the stem routing of the cables. Does anyone know if the 2023 Rise models require a stem specifically from Orbea? Thanks!

ipe

Jun 26, 2023
White Mountains
If you want to go with a non-Orbea stem you'll need the Orbea part "universal collector sic no-spb hs02-06 + grommets". This will allow you to run any stem you want, but eliminates the Spin Block (your M-Team has through the headset cable routing and the standard stem + spacers incorporate Spin Block to keep those cables (brake and Di2) from getting FUBARed in the event of a crash).
Good luck and congrats on your Rise M-Team

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles