2023 Giant Trance X E+ / E+ Elite

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I’m hoping to see a shorter chain stay and wheel base on the mullet set up to make a much more lively option with the light weight compared to the 22 trance. I would take one of these to run along side my 21 trance. The icing on the cake would be if it could take the 800 battery for the odd long run

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Mine is a carbon frame.
I am just saying if you are doing a lite-weight ebike. With offerings like Trek, Pivot, and Transition. A full-power motor/smaller battery seems odd. It would not be a huge change overall, IMO. I like my Trance, so I'm not downing the brand. Just hopeful for more than just a battery size option. Would it not have been a cheaper option to just produce a 500-watt battery for the current model?
I totally agree, full power motor with smaller battery doesn't make it into a Light weight, there has to be something more?

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I reckon Giant will not be able to compete with the new league of Light E-MTB's because it is built around the PW-X3 which weights almoast 3kg.

Last edited:

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Some interesting perspectives here on light weights. Are we saying that if a bike (any bike) comes in at around 18kg with FF motor it’s not at light weight because of the motor power ? Not provoking here just interested in your thoughts on it.🤔

dirtridingAZ

Feb 21, 2023
Scottsdale, AZ
Some interesting perspectives here on light weights. Are we saying that if a bike (any bike) comes in at around 18kg with FF motor it’s not at light weight because of the motor power ? Not provoking here just interested in your thoughts on it.🤔
I think a lite-weight or mid-power is 60nm or less. The new Orbea Wild FS is close to some "lite" emtbs in actual weight. And it has a 625w and Bosch CX motor. I also think as designs and battery tech improve. ebikes will only weigh less -n-less.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I think Weight - Power combo is a balancing act. Full power motor with small battery would make a bike lighter yet doesn’t have much riding time… could appeal to some I guess. Adversely, small motor with a very big battery (>900Wh) would mean carrying more weight but last forever… again could appeal to some. Interesting to see where each manufacturer interprets market tendencies.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I think a lite-weight or mid-power is 60nm or less. The new Orbea Wild FS is close to some "lite" emtbs in actual weight. And it has a 625w and Bosch CX motor. I also think as designs and battery tech improve. ebikes will only weigh less -n-less.
Cool, for me it’s actual weight. I’d take FF light over mid power light all day. The wild is getting (actually love that bike) there but way to expensive for me to get to 20kg. Thanks for you input 👍

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
18kg with PW-X3 would be nice.
Everything above 20kg is to close to the Performance MTB league and not worth the downgrade.
Just my two cents.

eDirt

Nov 2, 2022
USA
Holding my breath waiting to see the EL released so we can see some hands on reviews on how it actually stacks up to other brands’ lightweight e-bikes. Giant seems to be late to the game on this so hopefully they learned some lessons from competitors models.

skorp_jon

Feb 21, 2021
Slovenia
I guess EL models are comming. New firmware is released.

You can change the support up to 400%, choose the power output of the motor (30-85Nm) and set up how quick the full torque is present... But only for the Syncdrive Pro 2

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
It was 400% for Syncdrive Pro2 already, so thats nothing new 🤔

Release of EL Models is expected towards the end of this Month.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I dont understand what you arentrying to tell me. 🤨 I know all of this. I just said you are wrong stating 400% is something with the latest update.

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
I dont understand what you arentrying to tell me. 🤨 I know all of this. I just said you are wrong stating 400% is something with the latest update.
Hey, scorp_jon is trying to tell you that there is a recently released update of the Giant Ridecontrol app that adds a lot of new functionality to the Syncdrive Pro 2 motor systems. ✌ Check my post in the Reign 22 forum.

dan0s

Mar 21, 2023
Australia
I just picked up the trance e+3 on Saturday coming from an e 2021 talon 2. It's an amazing bike, so much fun to ride.

The colours actually look pretty good in person as well

PXL_20230321_003719804.jpg

Curt_H

Apr 3, 2022
Twin lakes, CO
A 400w battery on a full powered EMTB costing 10k. Hmm. That may be a tough sell. Giant would be smart to really promote the launch and torque control settings on their updated app. Otherwise I would expect that battery to drain pretty quickly.

Yetibos

Jan 28, 2020
Spain
A 400w battery on a full powered EMTB costing 10k. Hmm. That may be a tough sell. Giant would be smart to really promote the launch and torque control settings on their updated app. Otherwise I would expect that battery to drain pretty quickly.
You get the option and versatility...85nm or 20nm, with 400wh or even 650wh. Is up to you.

If you need more battery there is also "normal" trance range up to 1050wh.

This is a light weigh ebike. Light weight and big battery is not compatible.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
You get the option and versatility...85nm or 20nm, with 400wh or even 650wh. Is up to you.

Are the batteries removable?

dirtridingAZ

Feb 21, 2023
Scottsdale, AZ
I already own a 22 Trance X Adv E+2. I can't see spending the money on this. Maybe my opinion will change. I am trying to think if I was looking at this as not already owning a ebike. The 23 Orbea Rise seems to be a better value. And the Trek, Transition, and Pivot have a stealth look. I do like the full-power option.

Last edited:

Curt_H

Apr 3, 2022
Twin lakes, CO

I'm not sure I'm following your battery info. It comes with an Energy pack 400. What are you saying about 650 and 1050? And what is this "normal" trance range? Are you saying this based on the torque setting essentially giving the battery more range? If so, that just throttles down battery consumption. IT doesn't give you 'more' battery and yes I understand the ride control app let's you change the torque settings from 20 to 85, that's why I said Giant should better promote the new app. Those new settings work on all 2022. I have a trance advanced e2 and I'm now using that app and experimenting with new torque and launch settings primarily to see how much increased range. And I wouldn't say a big battery and light bike aren't 'compatible'. Bigger batteries (and bigger motors) are heavier, yes but it's weight based, not a compatibility issue.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I'm not sure I'm following your battery info. It comes with an Energy pack 400. What are you saying about 650 and 1050? And what is this "normal" trance range? Are you saying this based on the torque setting essentially giving the battery more range? If so, that just throttles down battery consumption. IT doesn't give you 'more' battery and yes I understand the ride control app let's you change the torque settings from 20 to 85, that's why I said Giant should better promote the new app. Those new settings work on all 2022. I have a trance advanced e2 and I'm now using that app and experimenting with new torque and launch settings primarily to see how much increased range. And I wouldn't say a big battery and light bike aren't 'compatible'. Bigger batteries (and bigger motors) are heavier, yes but it's weight based, not a compatibility issue.
Adding a 250wh range extender battery to a 400wh = 650, or add to a 800wh = 1050

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Adding a 250wh range extender battery to a 400wh = 650, or add to a 800wh = 1050

Is the Trance X E+ Elite even compatible with a 800wh or it's only 400wh ? Can't find the information.

I think the only way to get decent range here with the 400wh is to decrease torque on lower assist levels like it's the strategy for light eMTBs, but you still have the option to have full boost when needed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles