Levo Gen 3 2022 Turbo Levo Expert and Fox Quick Release for front wheel?

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
I can’t seem to line up the sweet spot on my Fox 15mm quick release for the front. I searched all of YouTube and Google it appears the new front fork does not have the adjustable nut on the opposite end of the axle am I missing something here?

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
You are right but with small changes you can have quick release back again, as i did.

KenGPS

Aug 9, 2020
Alaska, USA
The adjustable nut is sold separately from the axle. I have seen a set sold together, but thats rare from what I found. I bought the axle, then realized that my nut was non-adjustable.

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
The adjustable nut is sold separately from the axle. I have seen a set sold together, but thats rare from what I found. I bought the axle, then realized that my nut was non-adjustable.
Yea mine also, which is odd since the FOX racing site specifically says the new 2021 forks all come standard with the quick release. Which again I am assuming are the forks on my 22 Levo Expert, I guess Specialized opted to not have that on the ones they bought from FOX? I dunno seems odd, anyone need a slightly used quick release, lol

KenGPS

Aug 9, 2020
Alaska, USA
Fox "Factory" and OEM forks are not the same. There are Fox forks that you will only find on a manufactured bike. My 2021 Levo Comp fork for example is not sold by Fox.

KenGPS

Aug 9, 2020
Alaska, USA
Whaaaaaaaa (insert Minion emoji)
With that in mind....be careful when you download a Fox fork manual. I found the 36mm manual I downloaded from Fox website didn't work with my Levo's Fox 36 forks. Specialized has Fox build a fork with custom tuning just for their bike. You would think they would tune the same, but they don't.

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
With that in mind....be careful when you download a Fox fork manual. I found the 36mm manual I downloaded from Fox website didn't work with my Levo's Fox 36 forks. Specialized has Fox build a fork with custom tuning just for their bike. You would think they would tune the same, but they don't.
I had no idea and thank you for the feedback and heads up because I did exactly that. I just downloaded the manual from Fox and was applying that information to tune and adjust the suspension.

KenGPS

Aug 9, 2020
Alaska, USA
Best authority is the sticker on the bottom of the fork. Don't know if Specialized has caught up, but at the time I purchased my 2021 the specialized suspension tuning program was way off also.

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Find on FOX website:

Axles:

PartDescription
820-09-071-KITService Set: 2021 36-38 15x110 KaboltX Pinch-axle Assembly
820-09-063-KITService Set: 2020 FOX-Marzocchi 15x110 QR Adjust Axle Assembly

Last edited:

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
I can’t seem to line up the sweet spot on my Fox 15mm quick release for the front. I searched all of YouTube and Google it appears the new front fork does not have the adjustable nut on the opposite end of the axle am I missing something here?
Because you are confused by the axle 820-09-013, that have other way to adjust. You must find 820-09-063.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles