2022 Trek Rail

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent

They are showing this Rail 9 on the website as the 2022 bike.

Looks nice but doesn’t have the new Bosch system.

Whilst I’m not keen on the new display / control (let’s not debate here please) I am keen to see how the new battery will be integrated in the frame. With the 750wh longer design and what weight gains it’ll be…

Anyone seen anything on the new Rails? All the other manufacturers seemed to release new models together with the Bosch system updates but not trek?

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
I'm confused here - does the 2022 Rail come with the new Bosch system or not?
The Trek website shows it with the current gen 4 but some shop websites show it to include the new system....

L666GTB

Aug 17, 2021
Isle of Wight
The Trek website shows it with the current gen 4 but some shop websites show it to include the new system....

I’d take a guess and say that only the high end carbon frames will be modified to accommodate the larger battery.
With alloy frames inc the Rail 9 using the Bosch Gen4 setup with 625wh battery as per 2021.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent

That's where my head is at... the new 750wh are non removable which will mean a whole new frame design for the rail. Something i'd be keen to see as i like the treks but not a fan on the side loading battery design.

Grundy

Apr 17, 2021
Wales
There’s a 9.8 xt and 9.8 gx. Both equipped with the new Bosch system. Both listed at £8800.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
There’s a 9.8 xt and 9.8 gx. Both equipped with the new Bosch system. Both listed at £8800.
where are you seeing that mate, because on the link i posted above the only New 2022 bike was the GX which didn't seem to have the new system.

Grundy

Apr 17, 2021
Wales
That's where my head is at... the new 750wh are non removable which will mean a whole new frame design for the rail. Something i'd be keen to see as i like the treks but not a fan on the side loading battery design.

I can’t find the others now. I bet they’ve been made to pull them for now. Gx was same as above but gx drive train, and code r brakes

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent

I can’t find the others now. I bet they’ve been made to pull them for now. Gx was same as above but gx drive train, and code r brakes

Ah ok, so those guys are taking pre order on what they must know / assume is coming.

There’s nothing official on treks website that I can see

L666GTB

Aug 17, 2021
Isle of Wight
2022 Trek Rail9 GX in store and sold by Blazing Bikes

12E63BF0-8B73-4861-92A1-2CB2EBBFF911.jpeg

L666GTB

Aug 17, 2021
Isle of Wight
that's the bike i posted the link on the OP. It's lovely but doesn't have the new battery etc. Keen to see their new 750 bikes... really surprised Trek haven't released anything yet...

Bosch Smart System with 750wh is likely to only be on the Higher end Carbon bikes for 2022.

Because the 20% larger battery won’t fit current alloy or size small frames,
It wouldn’t be cost effective for them to have a new alloy frame yet for the lower end Rail models.

Maybe 2023/24?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Bosch Smart System with 750wh is likely to only be on the Higher end Carbon bikes for 2022.

Because the 20% larger battery won’t fit current alloy or size small frames,
It wouldn’t be cost effective for them to have a new alloy frame yet for the lower end Rail models.

Maybe 2023/24?

I understand that mate, i just want to see them and what they look like / weigh in at etc!!

Trek are being very slow in unveiling their new Bosch system bikes which i'm surprised at. I'm itching to change bikes and this would be one i'd seriously consider pulling the trigger on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles