Levo Gen 3 2022 Levo eating cassette

DanoC33

Nov 6, 2022
USA
Recently purchased a new Levo Comp Carbon and noticed that several of the teeth on the three smallest cogs have either rounded off or in some cases broken off. The bike stock and only has 50 miles on it. I have not had a problem with it jumping gears while shifting, however it does seem to "clunck" louder on some occasions which I was told this was normal. I spend the more time in trail or eco mode, so its not like I am hammering it in turbo mode all day long. Seeing that this is my first ebike, I figured i would go through chains and gears faster, but this seems excessive. Plan on taking my bike back to my dealer this weekend so hopefully this is something that can be sorted out at no additional cost seeing these bikes are super expensive as is.

Anyone else have this issue?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Post a photo of those 3 smallest cogs, I bet they are just as they supposed to be, teeth should not look all the same, some look like they are half missing because they act like 'doors' so the chain can more easily jump between cogs when you are shifting gears ...

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
For example, here is a brand new GX 11 speed. Bought it on sale to replace the one on my bike that isn't dead yet.

Cassette.jpg

DanoC33

Nov 6, 2022
USA
Ok, crisis averted. My teeth look very similar to the post above. What threw me off was the teeth on my old Stumpjumper were all symmetrical so I figured my Levo should be the same. Thank you Salko and Rebornrider. I will now get back to putting more miles on this bike Without worry.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles