Kenevo Gen1 2022 Kenevo comp & expert

joshhoward23

Aug 3, 2022
albury
Loving it , it feels like it should’ve been mulleted as standard . I lowered the fork to 170mm so the geo isn’t much different ( some don’t bother ) and it rides amazing , rolls much faster on rougher tracks and doesn’t climb any diff . Looks better aswell .
Thinking of going full 29 soon !
Thanks. how would it be if you left it at 180mm travel? still handle the same?

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Here’s my bad boy mini DH 2022 S3 Kenevo! Rode it bone stock for about 2 rides and then swapped all my good stuff over to the Kenevo
Mullet
Manitou Dorado
Fox Float X2 local tuned, 65mm stroked
AXS dropper, derailleur and shifter
Maxxis DHR27.5 x 2.8 rear / Assegia 29x2.6
Love this bike, great climber and rolls over just about anything!

View attachment 87336
View attachment 87337
Hey are you still running your dorado on your Kenevo? I’ve been looking at the dorado for my Kenevo and was wondering if you think it’s worth it over the boxxer it comes with? Thanks!

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
Hey are you still running your dorado on your Kenevo? I’ve been looking at the dorado for my Kenevo and was wondering if you think it’s worth it over the boxxer it comes with? Thanks!
loved the Dorado! Awesome, unique looking fork that kills the DH. Once you get use to climbing and switch backs, easy to turn as well. You literally feel like you can smash through anything in your path. Are you going with a new Dorado?

I went a different direction with my a Kenevo since then, but still have the Dorado, in case I change my mind. I wanted to lighten my Kenevo up and chose Fox 38 @ 180mm with Avalanche racing hybrid coil kit. Unfortunately my motor blew up before I could try out the Fox 38. Hope to get my bike back this weekend.

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
loved the Dorado! Awesome, unique looking fork that kills the DH. Once you get use to climbing and switch backs, easy to turn as well. You literally feel like you can smash through anything in your path. Are you going with a new Dorado?

I went a different direction with my a Kenevo since then, but still have the Dorado, in case I change my mind. I wanted to lighten my Kenevo up and chose Fox 38 @ 180mm with Avalanche racing hybrid coil kit. Unfortunately my motor blew up before I could try out the Fox 38. Hope to get my bike back this weekend.
Was your Kenevo noticeably heavier with the dorado on? I am looking at getting one for me Kenevo during the off season of the bike park and then swapping it onto my transition spire during bike park season

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
Was your Kenevo noticeably heavier with the dorado on? I am looking at getting one for me Kenevo during the off season of the bike park and then swapping it onto my transition spire during bike park season

Actually, only when stopped and needing to pick up the bike. While riding, can’t feel the weight difference. I changed at the same time: carbon wheels, and took out the Cush cores. At most about 2lbs lighter.

on2wheels

Feb 10, 2023
Slovakia
Hey guys, looks like Specialized is going back on coil shock for expert model 2023
44460_specialized-turbo-kenevo-expert-gloss-rusted-red-redwood.jpg
44460-3_specialized-turbo-kenevo-expert-gloss-rusted-red-redwood.jpg
44460-6_specialized-turbo-kenevo-expert-gloss-rusted-red-redwood.jpg

on2wheels

Feb 10, 2023
Slovakia
Can you post the link to this please
It’s on Slovak online shop. They have listed both colours. But I think that the listed specification is wrong as they have listed fox fork.

Rusty762

Apr 7, 2022
Monterey, CA
Here’s my bad boy mini DH 2022 S3 Kenevo! Rode it bone stock for about 2 rides and then swapped all my good stuff over to the Kenevo
Mullet
Manitou Dorado
Fox Float X2 local tuned, 65mm stroked
AXS dropper, derailleur and shifter
Maxxis DHR27.5 x 2.8 rear / Assegia 29x2.6
Love this bike, great climber and rolls over just about anything!

View attachment 87336
View attachment 87337
I just ordered a 2022 Kenevo Expert and plan on transferring over the same parts you have from my other bike. What offset is your dorado? Did you get the 27.5 crown? My current rear Fox shock is 230 x 65, is that what you are running and no clearance issues? Your bike looks awesome !!

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles