Kenevo Gen1 2022 Kenevo comp & expert

MtbWalker

Jul 31, 2021
Wolverhampton
Can’t believe they haven’t upgraded the battery to a 700. It’s basically the same bike as the 2021. Looking at the geometry the bikes just a little larger. Wheelbase and reach. These should be coming with a fox 38 or zeb!

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Can’t believe they haven’t upgraded the battery to a 700. It’s basically the same bike as the 2021. Looking at the geometry the bikes just a little larger. Wheelbase and reach. These should be coming with a fox 38 or zeb!
For the price I don’t think that’s achievable really.

Carnivorous

Aug 5, 2021
North Wales
Ap

Apart from the pink bike test has anyone actually had them Actually fail?

Yes. Plenty of failures on the SL’s of these cranks. Cranks are not really the place to be using carbon fibre IMO. When it comes to Praxis, even their aluminium ones are soft as cheese, but at least those just bend.

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Question for you experts out there. Is the boxxer on the expert compatible with a 29inch wheel or so they have different sizes for the 27 and 29?

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Latest from my lbs is the bike will arrive on the 22nd of Jan to the shop. Will see how that goes. He also mentioned that the original shipping date for the expert was Oct 2021 so that’s how long the delay has been for the bikes to be released.

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Well Well Well Yet another delay out to the middle of Feb now. I swear im about to have a mental breakdown at this rate o_O

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Not that anyone probably cares at this point but latest date has been pushed back again to mid March for delivery. Oh and as per my above post I did have a mental breakdown and spent 7k on an analogue Specialized Enduro till my Kenevo comes :p

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Has anyone done the new update and what’s it for ?
My 2020 kenevo says it has to be done in shop !

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I put down my deposit on my Grey Kenevo SL expert last saturday. They had one in stock so I need to pay them the balance this week and its new bike day for me.
I’m pleased for you but stick it in the SL thread 😂

Valk

Jan 26, 2022
Italy
So guys, any thought on the kenevo expert 2022? I was originally planned to go for a giant reign e+ 0, but then got totally disappointed with yamaha motor, and meanwhile fell in love with brose. I tested the levo comp 2022, loved the bike for agility and climbing performance. However still have some doubts on downhill performance. I find it kind of stiff in rough descents and less forgiving on drops (I even fell!!!). I am 90kgs, level beginner/intermediate, i was thinking that higher travel might help, so kenevo is the only other alternative (given brose is a must for me). Noway to have a test where i live.
Do you think that if i order a kenevo expert (blind) will I be disappointed vs levo expert?

thanks!

PS: can’t find many reviews on forums/youtube, do you have any idea why?

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
So guys, any thought on the kenevo expert 2022? I was originally planned to go for a giant reign e+ 0, but then got totally disappointed with yamaha motor, and meanwhile fell in love with brose. I tested the levo comp 2022, loved the bike for agility and climbing performance. However still have some doubts on downhill performance. I find it kind of stiff in rough descents and less forgiving on drops (I even fell!!!). I am 90kgs, level beginner/intermediate, i was thinking that higher travel might help, so kenevo is the only other alternative (given brose is a must for me). Noway to have a test where i live.
Do you think that if i order a kenevo expert (blind) will I be disappointed vs levo expert?

thanks!

PS: can’t find many reviews on forums/youtube, do you have any idea why?
Well I would love to give you some advice but I also ordered it blind 😂😂 in the me what choice do you have if you want to stay spesh

rokyluk

Oct 11, 2020
Slovenia
Bike looks the same as 2021. I wonder where is difference in geometry. Geometry size chart is different...maybe just shock link ?

Found the answer by myself. Geo is the same. I was asking becouse my S5 is 345mm BB on high position.

sizing.jpg

Last edited:

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
So delivery delayed again.. Next date is 17th April. That makes it the 22 Kenevos delayed by 6 months. The original date on the system was Sept 21

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Bike looks the same as 2021. I wonder where is difference in geometry. Geometry size chart is different...maybe just shock link ?

Found the answer by myself. Geo is the same. I was asking becouse my S5 is 345mm BB on high position.

View attachment 83068
It’s the same as the 2020 bike just got new colours and a tcu !

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Sounds like the 22 models are starting to make their way to people. If you have one check in here :) I need to live vicariously through you for a few more weeks 😅😅. Got reviews, photos?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles