2021 Santa Cruz Bullit

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
My derailleur cable is the cable pictured above the routing hole I circled.
Just looked at mine, you're right. The bottom one is for the dropper . Try bending the outer hosing before feeding it through and see if that helps. Looking at it, it's going to be tricky.

Snowman

May 14, 2019
Lichfield UK
evening guys. ordered my Bullit back in April, was initially told it would be end of May bringing of June - but now ben told (By Brink) that the bike is delayed until September... Disappointed and cant find stock anywhere else in the UK now... If anyone does know of an XT build in Large lavender let me know..!!

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
evening guys. ordered my Bullit back in April, was initially told it would be end of May bringing of June - but now ben told (By Brink) that the bike is delayed until September... Disappointed and cant find stock anywhere else in the UK now... If anyone does know of an XT build in Large lavender let me know..!!
It will most likely be next year now. The only one I can find in medium in stock is this one..

Aug 17, 2020
portugal
Getting better, now with the
7DED242F-F413-478F-AA9B-7F40C4D2D4D2.jpeg
5E002FDD-0A1E-4AC1-9EC7-B90DF64F1CB0.jpeg
11/6

808Rider

May 14, 2021
Honolulu, Hawaii
What size chainring comes stock on the Bullit?
I'm thinking a 50t cassette is not necessary on an ebike. I'd like to try an XT 10-45T cassette and go with a GS short cage derailleur. Seems like that would be a great set up; closer ratio gears, faster shifting, 28mm more derailleur clearance. Anyone else done this or thought of this? I don't even have my bike yet but thinking about the future....

Last edited:

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
I'm thinking a 50t cassette is not necessary on an ebike. I'd like to try an XT 10-45T cassette and go with a GS short cage derailleur. Seems like that would be a great set up; closer ratio gears, faster shifting, 28mm more derailleur clearance. Anyone else done this or thought of this? I don't even have my bike yet but thinking about the future....
If you want faster shifting, go with AXS. I have it on my bullit and it's unbelievable. The stock 10 52 is great for climbing with battery off to reserve those miles.

bikedrd

Apr 5, 2021
US
Stock ring is 34.

Running the 10-45 and it is great. Just like you think. 51 is too much.

truckee

Aug 27, 2020
tahoe
Impressions on the 11/6?
I will know in a week or two as far as Push 11/6. My local shop in tahoe happened to have a copper S with the super deluxe select+ coil on it. The coil came from another persons Bullet who wanted an air shock instead. I bought it and once I put 2.6 Assegai and 2.6 DHR2 plus cush core and swapped the 450 coil for 400 this bike is destroying my 2020 YT Decoy Pro Race. The latter equipped with with 180 factory 38 and the Push 11/6 on the back. Cornering, jumping and climbing are all way better. And that's with just the 170 38 performance on the front of the Bullet. I put the original X2 back on the Decoy for the wife to ride and sent the 11/6 back to get converted for the Bullet. They said two business day turn around.

cdavies102

Jun 29, 2021
UK
Lets us know! And…. how far have you ridden that beauty? It’s soooooo clean ?????

Haha thanks I do keep it clean!

First ride went well - had 3mm and 6mm hex on hand to adjust compression and rebound but didn't end up touching a thing! Obviously spring rate is spot on and used their recommended settings and it felt incredible. Some really gnarly rooty steeps with drop offs and it felt so plush. I was a bit concerned that it may feel a little less lively than the Super Deluxe but not at all. Out again tomorrow so will have a play with settings to see how it feels either way but really pleased so far.

bikedrd

Apr 5, 2021
US
Nice! Another Truckee Bullit with 11-6! I'm here too and got the 11-6 and Smashpot. This thing rides great. I came off the rockshox air at both ends and love the updates.

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
Does anyone know what the default passcode is to access the software? I picked up a Bullit a couple months ago and the original owner doesn't know it, nor does the bike shop he bought it from. Was told to try all zeros or ones, no luck. Had to get the motor replaced under warranty and the settings now feel less than ideal.

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what the default passcode is to access the software? I picked up a Bullit a couple months ago and the original owner doesn't know it, nor does the bike shop he bought it from. Was told to try all zeros or ones, no luck. Had to get the motor replaced under warranty and the settings now feel less than ideal.
Mine was in the manual, no default code there. LBS should be able to reset it.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
LBS job given the info you’ve provided. Sounds like it was changed by somebody whatever you’ve been ‘told’. I changed mine with STUnlocker for example, but had completely forgotten until I read this…. Perhaps that’s why it’s denied? It’s also odd that the LBS didn't just sort it when you first enquired, adding that you just needed to bring it in. It takes a few seconds to reset with their windows software.

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Now that many people probably have experience riding the Bullit in bike parks: Do you find the Santa Cruz Di2 carbon bar super stiff which is especially noticeable when riding long and rough tracks?

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Now that many people probably have experience riding the Bullit in bike parks: Do you find the Santa Cruz Di2 carbon bar super stiff which is especially noticeable when riding long and rough tracks?
I've done BPW and use thick soft DMR grips and found them no different from the levo ally bars. I did today drop 10psi below fox recommendations on forks and found them super plush and absorbs every impact effortlessly.

Jorow47

May 1, 2021
Glasgow
I've done BPW and use thick soft DMR grips and found them no different from the levo ally bars. I did today drop 10psi below fox recommendations on forks and found them super plush and absorbs every impact effortlessly.
Exactly the same for me......10psi below on the fox 38 std settings & super plush

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles