2021 Moustache Game 8

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
Anybody have any info/experience on this bike? thinking about buying one but there is limited material out there...thanks

Cheers

Last edited:

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
There is very little info around on mustache bikes. I have a 2017 samedi race 7 and absolutely love it. Let down by the old bosch motor and not keen on their rear shock but still think its great. Not looking yet but mine is getting replaced by another mustache when the time comes.

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
Helpful, thank you...such good looking bikes...less is more! is build quality is solid?

Jocke250f

Oct 13, 2020
Stuttgart-Germany
I have a 2020 Game 6 since June (600km now). Bike paint (white) is a little sensitive, and i damaged the skid plate, but generally the bike is of very good quality, i had to change/add nothing except flat pedals, it still feels like on the first day. The Moustache branded components (wheels, dropper, cockpit ...) seem to be good quality either, there is no need to change anything vs. stock (i had to change a lot on my 2017 Cube 140 to make it work for me). The bike was only my 3rd choice after Kenevo Comp and Orbea Wild FS (both were not available back then in XL/S5), but haven't regretted at all - i can recommend Moustache, and both the Game 6/8 seem to be reasonably priced for a bike that works so well and is so much fun. (game 8 was not available back then, but the lower spec'd fork and brakes on the game 6 just do the job perfectly for me).

Superkoochy

Patreon
Oct 19, 2018
Bathgate
I’ve ridden quite a few moustache bikes as rentals whilst in Ballater and I have loved all of them, Cube offer better value for money but the moustaches ride really well. As someone else has said, the paint isn’t the best but that can be said for most alloy bikes.
They are great bikes and a solid choice.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I test rode a Moustache Samedi for 4 hours. Apart from a few short rides of a hundred yards or so it was the first emtb I had ridden properly. I loved the look of the bike and so did most of the many other riders that stopped for a chat. Everything was new to me, but what I clearly remember is how much I disliked the old Bosch motor. It was noisy and very draggy. The feedback I gave the dealer was that I loved the bike in every way except the motor. If the motor was different, I would have bought it. Of course, the motor is different now, it's the gen 4.
Whether I would think the same now after testing 7 other bikes and owned one for nearly two years, I couldn't say. I have different perspective now.

Sean1.0

Aug 2, 2020
Kernowshire
Not a Game but my missus has a 2020 Trail 6 which is the same frame ... it's a size down for me but I've been out on it a fair bit last couple of months and really rate it. Wish I'd just got one myself and been enjoying it instead of faffing about waiting on EP8 news and new this & that to come out... it's a properly capable all rounder, well put together, no issues, really impressed with that shock of theirs and I think they look great... not shouty. Been lucky to get a ride on a few newish bikes recently, really liked the AllMtn7 but a '21 Trail or Game is now well in the mix for me off the back of this one.

Sean1.0

Aug 2, 2020
Kernowshire
Found a test on the '21 Game 8 here (needs translate to english)...

and one the same on the Trail 6 (same frame / diff travel) ...

Lovely bikes.

1606992839052.png

1606993114169.png

Apparently they were originally going to release the Game with a coil shock but their own shock was performing
so well in testing they tuned that up and went with that. All reviews seem to properly rave about their shock and
rear end performance and I would agree with my experience of last years Trail 6.

Found this Game 8 pic with a coil on...

1606992973818.png

Not sure if I'm more jealous of the bike or the blue sky and dry trail :)

Franzo

Dec 6, 2020
Gijón , Spain
Here in Spain it is a brand that is entering the market with good reviews. I just bought the Moustache Game 6 2021 and so far I only have smiles as advertised.

06122020-IMG_2313.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles