Used Moustache, any tips

Mitsigto

Sep 27, 2021
Wales
Hi recently purchased a Moustache Samedi Race 6 with 1000 miles and the battery health showing 85% ish, anyone have experience with these bikes? Its my first ebike so i am a bit lost.

Any help would be great.

Last edited:

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
What kind of riding are you doing on it, a good powerpack 500 should give you about 35- 40 miles and 2000 Feet, I carry a pp 400 in my ruc sac to get me home if I get carried away

Franzo

Dec 6, 2020
Gijón , Spain
hello, I have a Samedi Game 6 2021 with almost 1000kms covered on it and I can only say that I love it !!! It is my first EBike, I am over 50 years old, I do moderate mountain trails and the truth is that I feel very comfortable. I would buy it again !!! I can say that I tried a Cube and a Trek Rail first, I had my doubts , after 8 m I do not regret it.

EF1A49BD-A64E-47B5-99A1-94240C7AAE2E.jpeg

thegreagibbo

May 29, 2021
Italy
Hi recently purchased a Moustache Samedi Race 6 with 1000 miles and the battery health showing 85% ish, anyone have experience with these bikes? Its my first ebike so i am a bit lost.

Any help would be great.
Hi, I'm 61 years old and owned a Moustache Race8 4 years until october 2022. Now I'm a happy owner of Moustache Trail7 29", my Smiling machine.
Rode the Race8 for 2.500km, with a Bosch powerpack 500.
My best performance was 48km and 1.250m D+.
I changed wheel set from Moustache with Maxxis 2,8" to Hope Fortus 30 (that I still own and try to sell) with Michelin E-Wild 2,8" front and 2,6" rear. With this improvement I gained 100m of D+ (from 1.150 to 1.250m).
I weight 85kg and usually wear 10kg of spare parts, tools inside my Evoc backpack.
Had problems only with the seatpost, very influenced by the strenght of clamp closure. If used 6Nm it doesn't run out completely. If use 4 or 5Nm, it slowly shift down inside the tube.
My personal opinion, very easy bike to understand and obtain top performances referred to your skills. I Wish you beautyfull ride with you Moustache.
If you need more information, write me.

Christer

Dec 21, 2022
Norway
Hi.
I also bought Moustache samedi 29 Trail 7 last month.
Werry happy with the bike but the seat post leaver is a bit hard to push.
Is that adjustible anywere?
And i lost my finger screw 2 times (after tightend it werry hard) so this i have to make a locking device for.
Have you the same problem?
Regards
Christer
(Norway)

1EFC47FF-FB0A-43B1-A87F-408181337865.jpeg 6F64DAF6-08E4-41EB-9BC5-EE435BA96589.jpeg

thegreagibbo

May 29, 2021
Italy
Hi Christer.
I have same problem with seatpost lever. I don't think could be a matter of dirty cable because present from very begin. Same problem with same bike of a friend of mine. Probably, as suppose by Doomanic, a kinked cable inside the frame.
I had little improvement from rotating the lever in better positon.
No issues with the fixing battery screw (up today...)

Christer

Dec 21, 2022
Norway
Hi Christer.
I have same problem with seatpost lever. I don't think could be a matter of dirty cable because present from very begin. Same problem with same bike of a friend of mine. Probably, as suppose by Doomanic, a kinked cable inside the frame.
I had little improvement from rotating the lever in better positon.
No issues with the fixing battery screw (up today...)
Thank you for replying.
Yes this has been sins the bike was new in the store, and they adjusted the seat post before i took it with me back home.
I wil go back to the shop and have them adjust again.
The screw i have to use som tape on the threads next time.

A new problem that accured yesterday was that a pies broke off in the krank where the motor is.
On gravel road i heard a big snapp and i looked down on the krank to find someting have broke off. (Picture under) Have i been werry unlucky or is this a week spot on the bike?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I would go back to the shop with that battery as it seems a poor percentage for only 1k miles.
Here are my two mustache bikes in pristine condition 🤣
IMG_20230101_105411.jpg

A race 7 and a game 8.
Regarding that bracket. If it's the chain guide then remove it as all it does on mine is jam the chain up and fill with crud. IMG_20230101_105426.jpg

Christer

Dec 21, 2022
Norway
Yes i think it is the chain stay that is broken, so if it is better without it, I just unscrew it. Those bikes of yours were pretty dirty, but they'll get a wash soon hopfully😅. I myself rinse the bike with warm water from a hose after every ride so that it is shiny and nice again untill next run. You are lucky to have 2 nice Moustache samedi trail/game bikes are you competeing?
I will get a new screw for the battery from the supplier, so it won't fall off next time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles