2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
Big fan of the Frame only option ( I count for one of those 60 S-works levo's) Though from my understanding there is no one left at this stage and last I heard, I might not even get mine until early 2020...
Probably so you have the option of fitting a 29 x 2.1, which every Kenevo needs!

Jokes aside, if it did fit it might make a DIY long travel Levo an option.

I would like to put a 29 wheel on it but not in the back wheel. Front 29er would be great I think.

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
I’m disgusted with Specialized. I’ve been saving my pennies all summer anticipating great things with the unveiling of a new Kenevo. After seeing the new Enduro I felt I should hold off and see how the new suspension design is received.

Now that they have not translated that new Enduro to the Kenevo and came out with Frankenstein piece of...
9631D855-DA49-4F02-BFCD-CDB31172B11C.jpeg

I’m not giving them any of my pennies.

Specialized has always been over priced but I’ve bought from them anyways because they’ve built beautiful cutting edge bikes in the past. This bike is a cop-out and not worth my hard earned cash. YT, Rocky Mountain and others are going to leave them to the wayside. Much better bikes overall at a significant savings.

I much prefer this image...
151C8A2A-12A7-4E30-AB31-B514FBA674F5.jpeg

To this image...
A3988DC4-C5AC-4865-BF98-B81749EA6CC9.jpeg

If all specialized was going to do was tweek for 2020, why not kit-bash the 2019 motor mount and down tube into the 2019 Kenevo. All the Kenevo needed was the new battery and motor. Altering the geo would be simple as well.

Instead they killed a breed.

(For those who like it, sorry for the rant but we should all be disappointed with this turd)

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
I’m disgusted with Specialized. I’ve been saving my pennies all summer anticipating great things with the unveiling of a new Kenevo. After seeing the new Enduro I felt I should hold off and see how the new suspension design is received.

Now that they have not translated that new Enduro to the Kenevo and came out with Frankenstein piece of... View attachment 19413
I’m not giving them any of my pennies.

Specialized has always been over priced but I’ve bought from them anyways because they’ve built beautiful cutting edge bikes in the past. This bike is a cop-out and not worth my hard earned cash. YT, Rocky Mountain and others are going to leave them to the wayside. Much better bikes overall at a significant savings.

I much prefer this image...
View attachment 19414

To this image...
View attachment 19415

If all specialized was going to do was tweek for 2020, why not kit-bash the 2019 motor mount and down tube into the 2019 Kenevo. All the Kenevo needed was the new battery and motor. Altering the geo would be simple as well.

Instead they killed a breed.

(For those who like it, sorry for the rant but we should all be disappointed with this turd)
I think that's a little harsh. Some of the advantages of the new enduro are:
- Weight mounted low due to shock placement: how do you manage to package a shock and motor in the same place on the new Kenevo? The majority of weight is as low as it can be already on the Kenevo.
- Higher anti squat: do you want high anti-squat on an ebike, given that decending should take priority over pedalling efficiency.
- Longer chainstay: this can be achieved with Levo/Stumpy platform.
- More rearwards initial axle path: I admit this would be nice.
- More rising rate to work with coil: again I'll admit this would be nice.
Overall though I think the Stumpy/Levo platform is a better contendor, and it's almost exactly what I want from an eBike (although tough wheels, rather than Roval cheese would be nice).

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
That’s why I wanted to hold back and see how the new suspension system was received. I also understand there’s not enough real estate for it all on an ebike.

The original Kenevo has plenty low enough weight and I prefer the short chainstays over the Levo and new Enduro. No reason why they couldn’t tweek the suspension leverage ratios to accommodate a coil better. In theory that’s what they’ve done with the 2020 long travel “Kenevo” Levo.

DaveyPetey

Sep 29, 2019
SLC, Ut
I think that's a little harsh. Some of the advantages of the new enduro are:
- Weight mounted low due to shock placement: how do you manage to package a shock and motor in the same place on the new Kenevo? The majority of weight is as low as it can be already on the Kenevo.
- Higher anti squat: do you want high anti-squat on an ebike, given that decending should take priority over pedalling efficiency.
- Longer chainstay: this can be achieved with Levo/Stumpy platform.
- More rearwards initial axle path: I admit this would be nice.
- More rising rate to work with coil: again I'll admit this would be nice.
Overall though I think the Stumpy/Levo platform is a better contendor, and it's almost exactly what I want from an eBike (although tough wheels, rather than Roval cheese would be nice).

You are looking for longer chainstays? Why? It's the lazy way to lengthen wheelbase.

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
You are looking for longer chainstays? Why? It's the lazy way to lengthen wheelbase.
Personally I prefer short chainstays, because I'm medium sized, but just listing one of the advertised "benefits" of the new Enduro.
I don't actually like the new Enduro - anyone who has owned a Specialized will know that pivot bolts don't last long, and the new Enduro adds two additional pivots, all for the sake of getting the centre of gravity low - something that's not required on the Kenevo.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
What’s there to be impressed about.

It was impressive when it looked like it had a cloaking field... :)

It's one of those tricky ones .. it might ride amazingly out of the box.

Looks wise, it somehow lacks any excitement or passion that the last one had for some of us.

Maybe the 2023 V-Wing Kenevo will bring back a bit of sparkle and ingenuity.

Still, for any one with an X-wing Kenevo, at least we can all sit back, smile and think "Yeah... I like my bike" ..

I'll grant you though, it does look like they made a gentlemans agreement with the other manufacturers and said "Ok, you guys have all pumped a lot of money into churning out Kenevo alternatives, we promise to make something that's not going to steal any of your sales"

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The reach is massive! I am 6’2” and would need a medium at 470mm!
Soooooooooooooo ..... after this long, arduous and painful journey ...... Now that IT'S here ....

Is it a 2020 Comp or the E1 ??????????????????? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Or a 2019 Expert and a spare battery for the same/less money ? (you said you like your bikes standard for easy re-sale, so I won't suggest mods).

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
The reach is massive! I am 6’2” and would need a medium at 470mm!

Quite. It feels wrong to buy something 50mm longer than my dh bike bike re wheelbase. I guess it's the new thing and I can't knock it until Ive tried a super long bike.

If they get any longer they will be able to take 2 batteries in the downtube :ROFLMAO:

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
Hmmm I really think they should have made a slight bend in the top tube, if nothing else, at least for the looks.

This one has the typical "collapsing tower" look of so many of the new Long Slack bikes with steep seat angles get, and that is really exacerbated by the very abrupt angle in the convergence between top tub and seat tube in my opinion.

I think it looks "funny", and in aviation we have an adage: "If it looks right, it flies right"

This does not really look right to me I'm afraid. Though it is not alone with this look...

DaveyPetey

Sep 29, 2019
SLC, Ut
Man I'm torn on the numbers. It's long, but maybe too long? Maybe too slack? With a 40 it's gonna be even slacker. Longer chainstays aren't a plus for me. But nice and low. Hmmmmm...

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Remember what GM did to this icon?
View attachment 19419

View attachment 19420

Where the Pontiac line now?
That’s not really a fair comparison, there are 40 years between those two GTOs.
The bottom GTO beats the top one in every category except looks.
Kinda like the new Kenevo vs the old Kenevo
Wait, it is a fair comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles