2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Also to clarify I do not have a fat ass, I was referring to my Kenevo which weighs 27.5kgs. I am built like a grey hound and have no problems throwing her around.
27.5 kg that's lightweight - I haven't weighed mine but obviously very similar. As much as I like 2020 I wouldn't swap the 2019 for it

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
my bud has a Haibike down hill with fox 40's no problem with switch backs you just need to learn how to ride with the Duel Crown forks
Duel crown? You just need to learn the difference between duel and dual.
Maybe you need to learn how to ride downhill without a “duel” crown fork.

I can and could ride with a dual crown fork up switchbacks, it just makes no sense for my regular trails. Why make it harder for a slight improvement downhill?

Last edited:

Rostle32

Sep 26, 2018
Uk
Well , wot can I say ? All the bullin-up about the new kenevo and if this is the fruits of all the work , I can safely say they have missed the fuckin boat! I have a 2018 expert which is a monster of a rig ( for my skills) It looks like they’ve just upscaled the 2019 levo and swapped out the shite WU dropper and upsized the fork spec . Its way off the mark as regards the battery size on lower spec models , shite rims n rubber . I will not be choppin mine in against one of these ! ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yes it’s possible to ride trails with a dual crown. However it sucks when climbing steep technical climbs with switchbacks, which is what I have to climb on my local trails to get to the downhills.
my bud has a Haibike down hill with fox 40's no problem with switch backs you just need to learn how to ride with the Duel Crown forks

I think the forum dual crown or not argument is completely academic unless you're both talking about riding the exact same trails. What works for one person in one situation won't work for another in another situation. It's one to fight out face to face over a shotgunned beers at the bottom of the trail in question :)

Also to clarify I do have a fat ass,
Like the forks .. it's down to perspective .... :)

So Al .... waddya think ?? You said Kenevo sales tapered off as the Levo had improved. Where does that put the new base model Kenevo ? Do you think most people will just jump on a Levo instead ? Visually it's not dissimilar and in the mind set of many customers they'll see the 29 on the levo as more interesting than the 30mm extra fork travel. I know there's more to it than that, but you see more how customers actually choose in the real world when presented with the options.

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
well I have seen it, two models the top model has triple clamp forks the bigger battery and new motor and a better kit I was disappointed in the look about 2 thousand dollars difference if you have just bought the previous model I would not be disappointed.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I think the forum dual crown or not argument is completely academic unless you're both talking about riding the exact same trails. What works for one person in one situation won't work for another in another situation. It's one to fight out face to face over a shotgunned beers at the bottom of the trail in question :)

Like the forks .. it's down to perspective .... :)

So Al .... waddya think ?? You said Kenevo sales tapered off as the Levo had improved. Where does that put the new base model Kenevo ? Do you think most people will just jump on a Levo instead ? Visually it's not dissimilar and in the mind set of many customers they'll see the 29 on the levo as more interesting than the 30mm extra fork travel. I know there's more to it than that, but you see more how customers actually choose in the real world when presented with the options.
I don’t know how it will be received.
It’s midnight in California so here:
0777D110-50F6-4D78-AEB2-CAFE8E876F17.jpeg
D8F52B9B-7214-4359-A000-0DB962E80D5B.jpeg

Can’t get sued now.
I have customers that were eagerly awaiting this that don’t want it anymore and other customers that have slapped their money down on it.
The numbers are not as good as the 19 Levo launch.
Personally I would rather own the Comp. Even with the 500wh battery it will still get better range than my 18 Kenevo Expert.

I would happily take 170mm of travel if it would have allowed for 29” wheels. The 27.5” fatties feel like tires for beginners. They are heavier, slower and lower the BB height. It’s so much harder to schralp corners as well. Look at that sign above the bike. It says 53.5 lbs. could have saved 2lbs with 29” wheels and tires.

Last edited:

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
For me the original Kenevo came along after I got my 2027 Levo I i was impressed by the design and form factor, I am not the kind of rider it’s designed for but I’ve always liked Specialized commitment to an expanded Emtb range even though it’s comparatively new technology.

This new Kenevo, looks like a modified Levo, that may be no bad thing from a riding perspective however it’s a little bit lacking in imagination. More like a home brew modded Levo rather than designed by Specialized from the ground up. Shane it’s not more imaginative.

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
is it just me, ore is the new kenevo, a Levo with longer travel?
Let´s not hate it yet, not only by looks. there must be a reason why spec. thanged it
The 2019 model was spot on. a beautiful bike, and it was so sweet to ride (after you changed the tyers)
So yes. it looks different, but we all know that specialized makes great bikes, and this one will probberly be the same.
I´m going for the comp version, but i´m gonna change some things straight away. Fox 36 factory grip2 180mm up front, rear, im gonna give the bomber SR a chance. Schwalbe hans dampf front and rear tyers. and stamp 7 pedals.
I´m still hopeful

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
what we are missing here is the geo, if they have done what I hope and made a levo evo and it rides like a normal stumpjumper evo it will be a game changer, one thing spesh are really good at is geometry. and a good riding bike is what its all about right?
if on the other hand its just a levo with big suspension, then Meh!!

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
It would make a lot of sense to sell them as a frameset only option. So far only 60 S-Works Levo frames for sale in Germany & the UK possibly elsewhere. I wonder how many of those have been sold

p060064h

Jun 19, 2019
Exeter
I'm considering taking the 2k deposit I put down on the Kenevo and spending it on my Levo 170mm Lyrik 160mm coil & carbon rims.
But will hold off for the reviews.

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
Sorry it doesn't blow the wind up my skirt,it looks like a Kenevo raped a Levo and this is the mutant child a result of interbreeding and there's two of them big buba and little buba

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Look at the space between rear wheel and rear triangle. Much more space on the 27.5. Could it even be the same rear triangle?

Probably so you have the option of fitting a 29 x 2.1, which every Kenevo needs!

Jokes aside, if it did fit it might make a DIY long travel Levo an option.

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
It would make a lot of sense to sell them as a frameset only option. So far only 60 S-Works Levo frames for sale in Germany & the UK possibly elsewhere. I wonder how many of those have been sold

Big fan of the Frame only option ( I count for one of those 60 S-works levo's) Though from my understanding there is no one left at this stage and last I heard, I might not even get mine until early 2020...

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
I think specialized didn’t sell nearly as many Kenevos as they thought they might in 2019. They still seem to have quite an inventory left even with close out pricing. Oddly enough, they pulled their close out pricing for the expert from the site. Maybe because they anticipate increased sales on the 2019 since the 2020 is such a dog.

They probably went the route of altering the Levo since it’s less of an investment but still keeps it alive. Personally I think they just killed the bike and I don’t mean in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles