2020 Levo FSR - knocking when setting off

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
I seem to be getting a lot of bangs and knocks from the drivetrain when I set off from stationary. Sometimes it sounds like the pedals, sometimes the rear. I've been trying to ease off when changing gear whilst riding, as that can be noisy, but what's causes this "banging" noise? Is it just the lower spec drivetrain of the base model?

Mike E

Dec 3, 2019
Bournemouth
Does this happen every time you set off? I'm pretty sure we've got the same drivetrain, I've got a 2019 comp - sram gx 11 spd, i get the odd ping/bang from the chain on occasion, and the odd noise from the spokes usually after ive been checking the spoke tension (I think it's the spokes resettling) but nothing that would give me concern. Take it back to the shop if you are really worried, I would, but my bike shop is less than a mile from my home, it may not be so easy for you.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Does this happen every time you set off? I'm pretty sure we've got the same drivetrain, I've got a 2019 comp - sram gx 11 spd, i get the odd ping/bang from the chain on occasion, and the odd noise from the spokes usually after ive been checking the spoke tension (I think it's the spokes resettling) but nothing that would give me concern. Take it back to the shop if you are really worried, I would, but my bike shop is less than a mile from my home, it may not be so easy for you.

30mins drive to the shop but it will be due it’s free service soon, though the old school rider in me begrudges taking my bike to be serviced even when it’s free.
It doesn’t happen every time but more likely to happen if I’m standing up. At some 310lbs, that’s a lot of weight going into the drivetrain plus what the motor’s adding.

The linked thread there would seem to explain it though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles