Levo Gen 3 Knocking noise

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Hey guys just got a 2023 Levo expert and it has a loud knocking noise when going over rough chunky terrain, similar noise to that of the Shimano ep8. Anyone come across this before I take it to the shop to be checked out. Cheers

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
I don't know if it was improved in Gen 3, but in my Gen 2, the TCU cable connector tends to rattle inside the frame.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If its got a fox x2 its probably failed. They aren't very reliable.
There would surely be signs of oil leak or pressure loss if that was the case?
Ps I have x2 on my Whyte E180 which is 2.5 years old and works really well.....same rear triangle design as Levo but probably the leverage angles are different

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
A rattle means something is loose. It may help to know if it is a metallic sound and has it just started. A metallic sound could be headset or a loose pivot bearing or worn shock fixings. Possibly a loose crank.

M123

Aug 16, 2022
France
Hey guys just got a 2023 Levo expert and it has a loud knocking noise when going over rough chunky terrain, similar noise to that of the Shimano ep8. Anyone come across this before I take it to the shop to be checked out. Cheers
I have the same bike and my X2 shock starting knocking after about 400km. Sent it off to the Fox knocking shop and it came back fully serviced but the problem was unresolved. There’s a few videos on YouTube of the same noise, , seems to be an X2 thing. I initially thought it was a bushing issue but temporarily changed to another shock and the noise stopped.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles