2020 Kenevo Comp Setting Sag

Pritchi83

Dec 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Everyone

Just a quick question on setting the sag on the comp. I am finding it very difficult to move the adjuster ring on the shock when its one the bike. I took the shock off the bike, took it apart and made sure there was no muck or grit stopping the adjuster from moving.

I can move it ok when its off the bike as i can get my hand all the way round the adjuster. Once its back on the bike the frame on one side makes it very difficult. Its nearly impossible when you get further into the tension of the spring,

With it on the bike i have put it up on the stand to see if that helps but it didn't help. Is this something that i just need to take the shock out of the bike while i'm setting sag or has anyone found any useful little ways around it

Definitely one of the best bikes i have bought and i cant wait to get back out on it.

20200323_165416.jpg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Surely shouldn't be that tight to turn unless you are preloading the spring too much. Nip the spring up than another 3 turns max isn't it? Maybe you need a harder spring.

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
What Mcharza said. You set the sag with the correct spring, eg If too much sag, you need to move to next spring 500lb to 550lb etc

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Hi Everyone

Just a quick question on setting the sag on the comp. I am finding it very difficult to move the adjuster ring on the shock when its one the bike. I took the shock off the bike, took it apart and made sure there was no muck or grit stopping the adjuster from moving.
I can move it ok when its off the bike as i can get my hand all the way round the adjuster. Once its back on the bike the frame on one side makes it very difficult. Its nearly impossible when you get further into the tension of the spring,

With it on the bike i have put it up on the stand to see if that helps but it didn't help. Is this something that i just need to take the shock out of the bike while i'm setting sag or has anyone found any useful little ways around it

Definitely one of the best bikes i have bought and i cant wait to get back out on it.

View attachment 31773
Beautiful bike you have (y)

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
set the spring collar with the back wheel on the ground so there is no movement in the spring and when the back wheel is back on the ground, it should be spot on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles