Levo Gen 3 Target Sag %

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Wear your usual riding kit, including boots, helmet and backpack.
If the bike is completely new to you, start at 25%, then see how it rides. It is easy enough to change. Don't forget that changing the spring pressure affects the rebound damping too. I usually take several trips out with my shock pump before I stop fettling and leave the shock pump behind. Whatever sag% you decide that you prefer, don't forget to check every few months. When I say "check", I don't mean with your shock pump, that will just let air out. Instead check the sag% not the psi.

Last edited:

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
thanks, I know all about suspension setup etc, I just wasn't sure what the target sag was for a 'default setup' for the levo. SOunds like its 30% and adjust from there.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I am about 25% on fork and ill bottom it once in a blue moon on a big drop and I am 'just' under 30% on rear with gnar dog spacer installed and I bottom it out quite a lot even with 350psi but its not really noticeable.
2020 Levo
im 105kg with kit

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I think it more likely to need different SAG in the fork to the shock, possibly determined by the weight balance of the bike with the rider in the ready position and the stroke of the fork compared to the shock ............ but also to check to see if the bike feels balanced front to back when you have decided on settings. I do this by ridng quite slowly on the flat up on the pedals and bounce the bike. My preference is for the front and back to feel equally sprung or slighly more plush/faster on the fork.

Dmaguirenz

Nov 22, 2021
New zealand
In the levo paper user guide thst comes with the bike it's rear design sag is 25%- 13.75mm . Not suggesting this Is the correct sag point for everyone tho. The kenevo is stated to be 30% which I found interesting

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
In the levo paper user guide thst comes with the bike it's rear design sag is 25%- 13.75mm . Not suggesting this Is the correct sag point for everyone tho. The kenevo is stated to be 30% which I found interesting
Do you have a picture of this page?

MM5K

Jan 24, 2022
Bay Area
Do you have a picture of this page?
Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 11.46.18 AM.png

I just set mine by preferred feel and ended up at 15.5mm.

As always, sag is just a starting point. You should always run what feels best to you, not what the sag number says.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
front - depends a lot on your riding.
I guess close to 20%, with more SAG, suspension will be supple, but not enough supportive on steep descends.
For bikeparks I put extra 5-10psi

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles