2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
It was great going uphill with that Yamaha motor - there are instances though where it seems too much even with the lowest setting. Downhill - it feels planted but not as playful. Perfect for folks who want to go fast on flowy trails and just roll over anything as opposed to jumps and hops. Looks wise, it's got a huge round down tube where the battery is housed...i feel it's too big.
Thanks for that!
One more thing; what would you say about the noise from the Yamaha motor?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I actually like my bike when it gets beaten up, cant beat a bit of trail patina - lot of Levo riders round me who look like their bikes have never seen a proper trail!;)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
TBH i assume my bike is going to get cosmetically damaged from almost the moment i walk out the shop, i am surprised if its not got a fair few dings and scratches after the first 100 miles.

Gee68

Jul 30, 2018
England
TBH i assume my bike is going to get cosmetically damaged from almost the moment i walk out the shop, i am surprised if its not got a fair few dings and scratches after the first 100 miles.

As I said earlier,I have two other bikes with many,many miles on that don’t look as bad as my new one.
I expect my bikes to have scratches and dings but not two weeks after purchase without any spills and nothing more extreme than local forestry trails.
Maybe I expect to much?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I just think its the nature of mountain biking, you could get a chip on the first mile or the 100th. I count any ride where i am not looking at any sort of repair after as a bonus!

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
What are you going to furnish the new beast with?
It’s top secret at the moment
I have a number of ‘in stock’ items current sitting on my many acoustic bikes which I will be striping down this week and selling off the frames to allow me to invest in some eye watering upgrades.
I will hopefully have it all done for the Cannock ride.
Cannock ride?

ginogino

Oct 4, 2018
Italy, Sarzana (SP)
You weighed, your levo 2019 and you have it, found heavier than before, do not worry is not the weight scale that is broken, but it is probably your levo 2019 that has weighed down, look what he found a boy, on his new levo 2019, after just 100km.

ginogino

Oct 4, 2018
Italy, Sarzana (SP)
You are not allowed to see the pics if you don't have a profile in that forum.

Karsten

Sorry, here they are:

P81003-173441-780x1052.jpg

P81003-173917-780x1052.jpg

P81003-173935-780x1052.jpg

P81003-175405-780x1052.jpg

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Thanks that looks bad, I wonder if there is a design flaw?
I would say no, how on earth he managed to get small stones inside that hole I cannot see. I can’t be thrown up from the front wheel due to the angle and some of the stuff is clearly bigger than the drain hole?

Karsten

WXOLF

Aug 24, 2018
Central Coast
Thanks Gatano. I'm using the 9-46 on my 2018 Expert in combination with 34T chainring. Perfect combination for me and my last e-thirteen cassette lasted around 2.700 Km (all kind of terrain) which I think is quite OK.
And you're absolutely right, I usually would have gone for the 2019 Expert, but unfortunately I hate both color options, on the other hand I love the dark blue Comp (have seen them all live and after that ordered the Comp in darkblue).
I'm aware that this will cost me some extra money to switch out some of the components ;)
I did the same, I would have bought the Expert if not for the color.
Love the blue tint ?

JP1

Sep 13, 2018
Switzerland
here it is!
between thanks giving preparations with grand children and picking up the bike plus short 1,5 hour test ride...super weather =>> perfect day.
At first glance I can state it was definitely worse waiting so long. Nothing to much nothing missing just perfect.
Two remarks,
I will go back to clip pedals (as on my bio bikes) and for all those claiming the noise (Levo 2018 is definitely less noisy) there is a positive point. When riding in the wrong gear or wrong level I experienced a lot more noise than when riding in the same working load as on my bio bike. Thus I was able to find faster the correct settings.
Also I was able to here but not feel the moment when support comes and goes when juggling around 25 km/h.
This was only the begin. It will be interesting when up in the Alps in a few weeks.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
What size levos are people chosing for their height?
I'm 5 09 and have ridden both a medium and a large.
I seem to be more comfortable on the large, but can't help thinking that for my height I should be choosing the medium.
What's the general consensus on sizing with the new model?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles