2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
It’s top secret at the moment?????
I have a number of ‘in stock’ items current sitting on my many acoustic bikes which I will be striping down this week and selling off the frames to allow me to invest in some eye watering upgrades.
I will hopefully have it all done for the Cannock ride.
@Kiwi in Wales Chris if you are selling any frames email me detail i could be intersted

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
In the past I use Plasti Dip. This stuff is the best, especially on Cars, mach better than any wrap in my opinion. And you can have paint like finish, if you want Matt or Glossy.
My roubaix sprayed with removable Plasti Dip and some extra stickers.

Might look into this for mine (y)

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I'm seriously thinking upgrading all the Sram components with Shimano XT(or XTR) when I get the Levo and putting them for sale while still NEW.
I didn't like Sram shifter on my first test ride, really prefer two finger Shimano style shifting. I also have all the Shimano Kit for servicing and bleeding the brakes, don't want to get everything new from Sram.
Was looking at the Shimano post mount adapters, but i'm really confused what to look for, so many different options.
RockShox Sektor RL have direct mount 160 mm, so this adaptor should fit?
160 mm fork mount:
SM-MA-F203P/P2 - for using a 203 mm brake disc
Don't have a clue which adapter will fit on the back?:unsure: Guess I have too much time, while I wait for the bike to arrive....:ROFLMAO:

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Sorry for Offtopic.
Might look into this for mine (y)
Just look at this Autoflex coating. This is basically the same product, but on profesional level and should be applied by profesional.
The Craziest Car Paint
The end result is just stunning, just like really paint job and you can see how easily is removed, if you want. You can mix up virtually every color imaginable.
They can easily spray your frame at local Plasti Dip dealership.They said they that would charge me around 100-150$ for the frame.
That was after I already bought the spray cans and did it myself. If I knew, I would just give them the frame and they would do the job.;)
You can spray just the portion of the bike so no need to disassemble it. Exes overspray is easly removed just by hand.
There is also transparent plasti dip protection, like you have for the front bumper and the hood of your car. This is even better solution, if you dont want to change the color of the bike. You can apply this only on the parts where you feel you need some protection.
AutoFlex Spray Shield

Last edited:

TorAtle

Aug 4, 2018
OSLO
I just noticed that Rob's Levo looks a little bit different than most other ones I've seen a picture of. I assume it's size XL? So which size does Specialized normally use in photo shoots?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
In the past I use Plasti Dip. This stuff is the best, especially on Cars, mach better than any wrap in my opinion. And you can have paint like finish, if you want Matt or Glossy.
My roubaix sprayed with removable Plasti Dip and some extra stickers.
How durable do you think the plastic dip would be ? Once scratched, does it continue to peel from the scratch ? Can it be easily touched up ?

RockinRick

Sep 13, 2018
USA
I am certainly trying to be a Turbo Levo owner with little to no success. I have been waiting for 5 months too see what the 2019 Turbo Levo would be and am happy I waited. I am looking to purchase a TL Expert. LBS would not share ANY details availability or a pre order. I am still not sure if it was possible or not to order, but none the less they decided to NOT order any XL Experts. I have friends that walked in the LBS two days ago and are on their new TL Expert size lrg and med grinning ear to ear. With the anticipated delivery of an XL in UTAH to be Mid November I am wondering how these are expected to do in cold weather? How have older generations or other manufactures done? Most all mountain bike riders switch sports to skiing, snowboarding, snow shoeing and many own Fat or Snow bikes that can be rode on packed trails in 3-7 inches. Our trails at 4,000' to 11,000' above sea level get bad at lower elevation and then are closed. The ski resorts at 7,000'+ usually open 3rd week of November. It seems like a bad idea to use an electric bike in the cold or is it okay? Normal trail temps would be 20-40 degrees F or -6 to 4.5 C. At this point I wonder if it would be smarter to just wait and let the LBS get some inventory and start this quest up again March-April when we start to ride lower elevation cold rides... I am not sure what the rest of the world does in winter as you have been much further along in the eMTB voyage. To spend $8,250 (us) on 1 or 2 cold rides and have something go wrong seems like a poor choice and than want to ride every time the snow melts for five months.... help?

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
I am certainly trying to be a Turbo Levo owner with little to no success. I have been waiting for 5 months too see what the 2019 Turbo Levo would be and am happy I waited. I am looking to purchase a TL Expert. LBS would not share ANY details availability or a pre order. I am still not sure if it was possible or not to order, but none the less they decided to NOT order any XL Experts. I have friends that walked in the LBS two days ago and are on their new TL Expert size lrg and med grinning ear to ear. With the anticipated delivery of an XL in UTAH to be Mid November I am wondering how these are expected to do in cold weather? How have older generations or other manufactures done? Most all mountain bike riders switch sports to skiing, snowboarding, snow shoeing and many own Fat or Snow bikes that can be rode on packed trails in 3-7 inches. Our trails at 4,000' to 11,000' above sea level get bad at lower elevation and then are closed. The ski resorts at 7,000'+ usually open 3rd week of November. It seems like a bad idea to use an electric bike in the cold or is it okay? Normal trail temps would be 20-40 degrees F or -6 to 4.5 C. At this point I wonder if it would be smarter to just wait and let the LBS get some inventory and start this quest up again March-April when we start to ride lower elevation cold rides... I am not sure what the rest of the world does in winter as you have been much further along in the eMTB voyage. To spend $8,250 (us) on 1 or 2 cold rides and have something go wrong seems like a poor choice and than want to ride every time the snow melts for five months.... help?
If you the 2019 Levo owner's manual posted at the top they have the temperature range the battery will allow. I believe it is below 0 C but I'm not sure. EMTB riders in cold climates wrap their batteries in neoprene or other insulator, so you could wrap the downtime. The thing I would worry about is the salted roads in winter. Electric motors dislike water but they hate salt water. I'm in Texas so our "winter" (when it is above 100deg F) is just ending so perfect down here. If you would ride a normal MTB in November then buy it, if not wait.

RockinRick

Sep 13, 2018
USA
If you the 2019 Levo owner's manual posted at the top they have the temperature range the battery will allow. I believe it is below 0 C but I'm not sure. EMTB riders in cold climates wrap their batteries in neoprene or other insulator, so you could wrap the downtime. The thing I would worry about is the salted roads in winter. Electric motors dislike water but they hate salt water. I'm in Texas so our "winter" (when it is above 100deg F) is just ending so perfect down here. If you would ride a normal MTB in November then buy it, if not wait.
Thanks Good info! They salt our roads here and we are next to the Great Salt Lake so the salt plays havoc on our wheels and all components. We try to ride on "turkey day" if possible and that's usually it... unless we go to Moab, down to Vegas or Arizona . Our winter bike ride are when we rent fat bikes. Often at night in 0-5 degrees.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Test rode the Carbon comp this morning at MB Cyclery in Haslemere. Awesome, feels very similar to my new Stumpy & noticeable lighter than my Kenevo, front just pops up when asked rather than having to pull on it like an idiot. Also very noticeable is what I’ll call ‘soft’ limiter......when you get to speed limiter it fades out rather than hitting a wall like old bikes, this was the main reason I derestricted my Kenevo. Can’t wait to get out on trails :)
Was that a size L or XL? I'm thinking the Levo in M will feel a little different to the bigger frames due to stack measurement.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
How durable do you think the plastic dip would be ? Once scratched, does it continue to peel from the scratch ? Can it be easily touched up ?
Yes you can.
How to Fix PlastiDip

I ride my bike for 6 month, around 6.000km and it was great. Nothing mayor only small parts that I had to fix, where It was rubbing against the stand.
If it is good for cars and wheels, bike frame will be walk in the park for this stuff.
There is basically the same product from Spain called Full dip, so you can use that to it is even cheaper. You can also do lines and spray only certain parts of the frame. You only have to peel of the masking tape when wet, before it dries.

Andre Conway

Sep 3, 2018
Manchester
What are you going to get to protect your frame if anything? Invisiframe does not have a kit for the 2019 Levo. When mine comes I may use the regular Heli Tape or even vinyl wrap mine for the matte black color I wanted. The wrap is like $30 and with the vinyl cutting tape you can get precise cuts without a blade.
Shack wrap is the best!

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hey @Rob Hancill,
Can I ask a big favour?
Can you take a photo of the underside of the new Levo for me please?

I am particularly interested in where the new bikes sump/drain hole is located or if it even has one. I presume it has one as where would all the water go that will over time and after multiple wet rides/washes ingress into the frame and motor area.

This probably won’t affect forum members that live in the warmer climates but here in good old Wales ??????? where it rains a bit more than it shines (okay..... a lot more than it shines) it could be a potential problem.

The reason I am raising this point is I have noticed that the new motor is orientated differently to the older model and the new electrical connection points are in a lower location (see photos of both bikes below)
I know the new model is much better regarding preventing water ingress as there are less openings for water to get in to the motor housing but if it does gets in and can’t drain away it won’t take long for the electrical connection points to be at risk of being exposed to damp conditions or possibly sitting in water if the water has nowhere to go?

IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

Last edited:

Gee68

Jul 30, 2018
England
What mudgaurds are people adding to their bikes.I don't normally bother but then again I don't normally buy stupidly expensive bikes. ;)

Gee68

Jul 30, 2018
England
Just spoke to spesh about the invisiframe and it may be upto a month before a kit is available,they gave me the option of leaving the bike with them until they can get it done or pick it up tomorrow.
I've waited three months for this bike, i'm not sure i can do the wait. :(

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia
What are you going to get to protect your frame if anything? Invisiframe does not have a kit for the 2019 Levo. When mine comes I may use the regular Heli Tape or even vinyl wrap mine for the matte black color I wanted. The wrap is like $30 and with the vinyl cutting tape you can get precise cuts without a blade.
I did that with carbon vinyl to cover my faded/shop soiled red to pink on my 2018 carbon comp.
Looks great, I think.

Was only because Tori said I had a pink bike. 20180917_112731.jpg

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
@Gee68.. Yes fits to the actual fixed part of the seat post..ie not the movable part (y)
The front I have one of these which work really well, used these on my old analogues too (y)
9 june 2018 trent lock (5).JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles