2019 Specialized Turbo Levo. All the details confirmed S-Works PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
I really doubt the Expert would get some sort of new tech that the S Works did not. So I'll just assume the Expert gets XO1.
  • "SRAM S700 E-Click simple-click shifters (All new?)"

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Sram now have optional "ebike specific" shifters within each groupset that only allow single shifting up and down, like EX1, to prevent coping the chain by doing multiple down changes

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
No specs or prices on the other Levo models? Comp Carbon and Comp?
I seriously doubt that.
I suspect that Alloy Comp and Carbon Comp will use same old frames with 1.3 motor and 500W as used in the LEVO HT 2019. On top of that, they will probably downgrade some components. That did the same thing with LEVO HT 2019 and 500 EUR lower price.
They could do the some thing with FSR, lowering the price for Comp models (cheaper components) and lifting the price for Expert and S-works.
So basically, if my budget is Alloy Comp or maaaaybe Carbon Comp, I will be buying old model with cheaper components and saving maybe 300 EUR.... :unsure:
In that case I was thinking, better to buy HT Comp 2019, with the same motor and battery, thrash it around for year or two, put the rest of the money away(BTC) and then will see what is what in 2020.
Fingers crossed, that I'm completely wrong on everything I wrote just now. :LOL:
You’re completely wrong

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I'm sure I heard a Brose rep said the Mag motors will be available in oct or nov, so the manufacturer bikes will be out earliest end of year.
Specialized is their biggest customer and the new Levos are already manufactured and will ship at launch date

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Someone knows if the Bluetooth protocol is changed or not?
Will be a new Mission Control version?
I'm very curious to know if BLEvo will work also with this new bike model..

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
September 18th I’ve been told ... anyone in the know?

I received a letter in the post this morning from Rutland cycles inviting me to attend the official launch of the bikes on the 18th.

I would say a shipment of the bikes are either already in the UK in a freaking big warehouse under lock and key or currently in transit to the freaking big warehouse from where ever they have been manufactured overseas.

Gatano

Sep 8, 2018
Italy
Someone knows if the Bluetooth protocol is changed or not?
Will be a new Mission Control version?
I'm very curious to know if BLEvo will work also with this new bike model..

I'm also interested about the compatibility of the new Turbo Levo 2019 with Blebo and also with my Garmin Edge 1030, I'm not going to buy my new Expert untill at least one of the two (Blevo or Garmin) is working as expected with the 2019 models.

I suspect and hope that given the hard tail models will use use the old(current) firmware, Specialized to keep things simple will not change much about Bkuetooth and Ant+ protocols to allow no need to change (and differentiate from previous Levo/Kenevo models) Mission Control or Specialized Turbo Levo Data Field for Garmin.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'm also interested about the compatibility of the new Turbo Levo 2019 with Blebo and also with my Garmin Edge 1030, I'm not going to buy my new Expert untill at least one of the two (Blevo or Garmin) is working as expected with the 2019 models.

I suspect and hope that given the hard tail models will use use the old(current) firmware, Specialized to keep things simple will not change much about Bkuetooth and Ant+ protocols to allow no need to change (and differentiate from previous Levo/Kenevo models) Mission Control or Specialized Turbo Levo Data Field for Garmin.
For Garmin and Ant+ protocol I think nothing will change because Specialized is using a standard protocol.
For Bluetooth (and BLEvo), Specialized uses a custom protocol to communicate with the Bike. I don't know if they take so many time to release the new version of Mission Control (with infinite tune) due to the time to implement the new protocol for the new Levo.
We will see..

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
I wonder why the US is the only Specialized website that has not taken down the 2018 Levos. Also, whether Trump tariffs on Chinese goods have increased the price in the US further than other countries.

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
It’s definitely a very good improvement. List of things I’m really happy with:

- LED’s. Been saying it from day 1 that it needs a visual indication of motor power and battery. I really like that they’ve added a discrete way of doing it.
- Lower top tube so you can drop the saddle more, on the 2018 XL i find when fully dropped it’s quite high even with saddle in the lowest position.
- Brose Mag S motor. E*POWAH!!!
- 40% more range. Hello 100KM rides.

In fact I’m doing the London to Brighton on 23rd September. That’s 75 miles. Wonder if it’d make it?
Which route are you taking? It was only ever 54 ish miles??

Last edited:

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
my theory is that Spez has locked in market for thier CP.....as it comes as standard. Unlike Rockshock Reverb or KS that actually has to be good for ppl to buy them.

owned 2x KS, 1xReverb, 2xCP (came with bike)...the CP is absolute dog shite...and wants to kill my balls

The reverb/KS on the other hand were buttery smooth action and bombproof

Sounds like you chaps run too much PSI! Try 15. I love the Reverb but its a pain to service and it's just too slow to return to full height.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Stealth posts are not my favorite It took until 2018 to get the lever the right shape, but then I had already given up on it. We service quite a few at the shop and the hydraulic actuation is more trouble than it’s worth. Bike Yoke make the Dehy kit which gave it a much more comfortable lever than that push button and replaced the hydraulic with a much easier to service cable. But then BikeYoke made their own post which to me at least and all of the people I’ve turned on to one, the best post ever

Levo_+_Hope

Jul 10, 2018
Peterborough
I received a letter in the post this morning from Rutland cycles inviting me to attend the official launch of the bikes on the 18th.

I would say a shipment of the bikes are either already in the UK in a freaking big warehouse under lock and key or currently in transit to the freaking big warehouse from where ever they have been manufactured overseas.
And £20 to spend Ha ha

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Stealth posts are not my favorite It took until 2018 to get the lever the right shape

Why would the lever for a stealth post be any different from a regular post?

Also, has anyone got any photos or confirmed U.K. pricing for these new levos? All I hear is a bunch of speculation until there’s confirmation

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Why would the lever for a stealth post be any different from a regular post?

Also, has anyone got any photos or confirmed U.K. pricing for these new levos? All I hear is a bunch of speculation until there’s confirmation
The stealth post doesn’t use a cable it used a hydraulic button and now a lever.
I say it’s past speculation at this point.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
Went to a Specialized dealer in the US. There is still a glut of 2018 Levos and you cannot pre-order as there is nothing in the system to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles