2019 Levo Headset Kit

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
My headset has recently started creaking, I’ve disassembled and cleaned and degreased but still getting it. I think I may need to get replacement bearings as I’m unaware what else I can do as I’ve followed all the advice in other threads and I’m confident everything is correct and clean from debris.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
I’m sure after cleaning and degreasing you added new grease right!!
And you’re for sure it’s not your handle bar stem?

If there’s no rattle and play in your headset I wouldn’t change it.
Hi yes I applied grease afterwards, I’ve checked the headset and applied thread lube and correctly torqued bolts up so rules that out. There is no movement or rattle from the bearings so I just presume that’s the issue, it’s only on downward pressure it make a squeak noise

bushkila

Mar 10, 2020
Europe
That craking Noise probably comes from your Carbon Spacer`s , replace them with Aluminum ones...
Common problem,..if you have those

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
That craking Noise probably comes from your Carbon Spacer`s , replace them with Aluminum ones...
Common problem,..if you have those

Hi Buddy

Mine is the base model so has aluminium as standard, I do have a spare set though so switched them over and the noise is still happening.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Just a heads up after getting advice from a fellow member it turns out it was the dropper seat post that was creaking. I removed it and cleaned, re fitted it and torqued up and the noise has hopefully gone for good. I was told sometimes you can get grit build up and also if the seat bolt is too tight this is also an issue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles