Levo Gen 2 2018 Turbo Levo E problems

Crni33

Nov 26, 2021
Croatia
Hi,
I am new to this group, and I see that 2018 Turbo Levo models, don't have so many problems as 2019-2020, so I was wondering if any you had experienced something similar with Turbo Levo electrical problems like I did.
After the 3rd year, and just over the 1.500 (well maintained) I had the ebike a few times, after being power up, not providing pedaling assistance.
It started with a few times the problem would come and go for a few seconds while pedaling, until I had to switch it off and switch it back on to solve it. But it worked only a few times, before the ebike had completely died.
I took to to the dealer, who checked the cables and battery and finally the engine, concluding as they could find any fault on the cables and battery that it must be the electrinos on the engine.
After the second year (when warranty expired) I had a external front road bike lamp connected to one of the wires on the top of the battery, but I don't think this could have cause the malfunction as bike worked well for over the year with no problems.
So the dealer has replaced the engine (and I've paid for it) and I got it back working (testing it for few min in front of the shops), but they when I wanted to ride it a few weeks back, still the same problem appeared.
I took at it back claiming the same problem, and when they were looking into it (checking the wireing and trying new battery) and the bike was sometimes working and sometimes not, so I left it there to be fully checked.
I am now strong doubts that is wasn't the engine fault at all, but how can I prove it? They are now saying that the malfunction to the engine probably came due to the lamp which was connected and that a New cable is required (as I need to strip of the insulation from original one to connect the lamps), but before they were saying that they were pretty sure this lamp connection should not impact engine and bike performance at all. At it worked perfectly for more then a year.
However, they are still investigating as they are not sure of the rootcause, but I am afraid that the trust in dealer is gone.
Anybody had any similar experience?
What do advise me on how to speak to dealer from now on and what to demand from them, considering I have already paid for new engine (which is now under 2 years warranty)?
BR,

Crni33

Nov 26, 2021
Croatia
It could be a faulty battery - I would have got them to try a different one before replacing the motor.
They said they've tried it in order: cables, battery and then the motor.
At the end when I took it back they have replaced the battery to motor cable and now on the first test it works. Battery was 100% healthy on their test. Now it works fine, but it was indeed a strange situation and nothing I can do about it now. At lease this is how I see it, as the motor was apparently not diagnosed and reconfirmed the problem, by Specialized when it was sent back to them.

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Hopefully it was just the harness - I know they have had lots of issues with the harness and last time I had a motor they automatically changed the harness.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles