2000wh portable ebike battery charger

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
My 6a charger will give 250wh in 60 mins, so almost 40% charge. And yes, we have done this already and it does make a difference.

Can also easily charge 2 ebikes at once. I’ve used it camping to charge phones, do some work on my laptop whilst charging, took it to the alps for 6 days and up 2 flights of stairs (the room only had one plug!) and charged everything off it.

It’s definitely not a product for everyone but I’ve been using it a hell of a lot.

I can drive to a bike location, camp in the van ride all day and charge overnight. Loads of options.

I thought the standard wall charger for my 48V system emtb was fast by charging 80% (of 672Wh) in just 2 hours. That’s about the same giving 269Wh in 60 mins.

gsum

Jul 31, 2021
Lake District
interesting, I like the unit but its expensive.
for example I'm trying to decide now what leisure battery system to go with in my van. for the similar money I can install a 3600w version with solar panel
for a little more I can install a 5kw version.
both versions are lithium
this only includes an inverter output and some USB, no wireless charging etc..
AND its not portable so you couldnt move it between vehicles.

if they offered a stripped down version without all the extras, just usb and an inverter with a little more power and I might be interested.
They have stripped down versions. Take a look at the Poweroak site.

3dp

Aug 26, 2020
Stalyvegas
2x levo with 1200w Ecoflow Delta and a 1600w Yamaha gense—not shown is 220w solar panels for the delta
we use this in the caravan when off grid it will run microwave the Jura bean to coffee machine it

Solar panels work only really well on a good sunny day - yes you get some watts on overcast days (usual for UK) and my panels are very efficient and so on a good day it’s 180watts(you never get the full capacity) - cloudy try 20watts so solar on its own won’t cook it as a battery recharge

The battery packs Delta Jackery etc are restricted on car charging to around 120-150w outputs so not the best use of the can/van/truck unless you are moving

The Delta will happily charge 2 bikes in the same time as if plugged to mains but when off grid (OG) once those 1200w in the Delta are gone and it’s a filthy day with more riding to coming - despatch the Yamaha and that’s where the Deltas party trick appears

0-80% charge in a hour when charging off mains (or the Yamaha) or 90mins to get to 100% on Delta

Yes it’s not cheap but these battery packs used as a support change life on and off the bikes and keeps my wife post bike in the style she’s accustomed - still working on her for a Unimog expedition truck however

C2EF4AD7-5AB4-49FE-A3A4-C73D7871F86A.jpeg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
2x levo with 1200w Ecoflow Delta and a 1600w Yamaha gense—not shown is 220w solar panels for the delta
we use this in the caravan when off grid it will run microwave the Jura bean to coffee machine it

Solar panels work only really well on a good sunny day - yes you get some watts on overcast days (usual for UK) and my panels are very efficient and so on a good day it’s 180watts(you never get the full capacity) - cloudy try 20watts so solar on its own won’t cook it as a battery recharge

The battery packs Delta Jackery etc are restricted on car charging to around 120-150w outputs so not the best use of the can/van/truck unless you are moving

The Delta will happily charge 2 bikes in the same time as if plugged to mains but when off grid (OG) once those 1200w in the Delta are gone and it’s a filthy day with more riding to coming - despatch the Yamaha and that’s where the Deltas party trick appears

0-80% charge in a hour when charging off mains (or the Yamaha) or 90mins to get to 100% on Delta

Yes it’s not cheap but these battery packs used as a support change life on and off the bikes and keeps my wife post bike in the style she’s accustomed - still working on her for a Unimog expedition truck however

View attachment 72403
the ecoflow delta pro is coming soon as well.. they also have the advantage of being able to connect them together so in theory, you could use them to live off grid at your home.

philuk

Jun 22, 2021
North Yorkshire UK
If your stopping back at the car for some lunch your going to get an hours charge maybe, how much will that add to a battery?
more than if you had 0 hours charge and in my batteries case, around 20%

philuk said:
If your charging while driving between places you would be better off with an inverter?
from the lighter outlet? 'possibly' with a low amps charger but you've no chance of charging two batteries at once as most lighter outlets will give around 150 watts

philuk said:
If its for camping overnight then you can get hookup leads to give you 240v sockets.
not always available, I have a trip planned in north wales and none of the sites have hookup

philuk said:
If its for XC then noone is going to cart this around with them.
WTF ?

1 - I guess anything is better than nothing
2 - Im thinking more on the lines of a proper inverter/split charge setup - Ive got a 2000Watt inverter in our van which is solar/DCtoDC charge so getting free power isnt an issue.
3 - I suppose the only other option would be to ask where your camping if you could charge where your staying? Unusual for sites not to have the option for hookup.
4 - XC meaning long distance cross country, couple of days out in the hills with no car access. But i suppose on the back of that if its flat after a day your shagged regardless.

philuk

Jun 22, 2021
North Yorkshire UK
My 6a charger will give 250wh in 60 mins, so almost 40% charge. And yes, we have done this already and it does make a difference.

Can also easily charge 2 ebikes at once. I’ve used it camping to charge phones, do some work on my laptop whilst charging, took it to the alps for 6 days and up 2 flights of stairs (the room only had one plug!) and charged everything off it.

It’s definitely not a product for everyone but I’ve been using it a hell of a lot.

I can drive to a bike location, camp in the van ride all day and charge overnight. Loads of options.

Dont get me wrong. I understand it, But i just see it as being an expensive way round,

A full setup to make your van able to charge the bike using battery/inverter/solar probably wouldn't cost this amount. I guess with this you can swap it between vehicles easier. Maybe just me being from yorkshire and being tight but its just alot of money

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
A similar but expandable version of Rob's review product is coming..

expansion modules:

There is a larger system coming but not in the UK yet, 3072 Wh and expandable

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
for your vanlife.. a 400ah lithium battery. a quoted 5120 watt hours from ONE battery, bluetooth cell monitoring and a small form factor.

so fully charged, and including inverter losses of 15% leaving a useable 4352 wh, you should be able to charge a 700 wh ebike battery 6 times.

faberle

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2021
France Haute Savoie
Just got solar panels (2xSOLARA Marine S515M31) installed on the roof of my van + got poweroak power station 1000w. Day 1 : bike charged home, day 2 : bike charge with powerbank (charged 2 orbea rises quite rapidly), day 3 : same as 2 after charging the bank Powerbank with solar panels during the day, depending on sunlight available. Next challenge is to free up enough time to test this hopefully great setup.

Dave976

Apr 3, 2022
Buckinghamshire
This battery in the first post is a bit expensive (), but also overkill for me, do you know anything cheaper but still at industry standards for safety?

I need to used it to charge the e-Bike battery in a garage, so most of the time it will be unattended.
This battery will be the golden solution for me, I don't have electricity in the garage.

I have the intention to buy a Whyte E-180 S 2022 and if I'm not wrong, I can charge it even without removing the battery from the e-Bike, really plug and play.

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I bought a Jackery 1000 explorer from Ebay and I'm really pleased with it
They retail around £1000 but I got mine for £550 and it was unused and boxed
I have 2 x 504wh batteries which I should be almost be able to charge as long as they are not fully flat

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I've got Victron kit and I think my 4A charger uses about 190w power at peak, if you have a fast charger you may need to size up.

For batteries, if it's just sitting in your garage and you aren't too bothered about size weight you could go for a cheaper lead acid/AGM option. LiFePO4 would be overkill and most won't like charging if it gets too cold in there. You'll just need to get a bigger capacity so you don't run them below 50%

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the reply, I don't understand how the .85 reduction comes in, could you educate me please!

I'm not an electrical engineer but... The power pack you linked has a LiFePO4 battery that is 22.4V DC. To charge your ebike battery it then has to convert (invert?) this to 220-240V AC so you can use your household plug in it. The 0.85 conversion rate will be the electrical losses in doing this, some of that will turn into heat energy which is why inverters usually have cooling fins and/or a fan in them.

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
It says "2x 220-240V AC Outputs, 700W In Total " which seems like it'd charge a 625 battery and have 75 left.

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
We all know for £250 you can get an all-in-one small petrol invertor generator, right?
Yeah I almost went down the petrol generator route but ended up with a 1000wh Jackery instead
Screwfix have them in and they're quite good value but my thinking was that I couldn't charge my bike or spare battery inside my van and would have to leave the generator outside unattended
Also they're quite loud

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
a solar suitcase can be stored safely in the boot or the camper van and can be brought out to charge the generators when needed.

It can, but your going to get the most solar in the middle of the day and that's when I'll be out riding.
You could leave the smaller ones in the windscreen area but it's never going to be as efficient as a roof mounted panel

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
It can, but your going to get the most solar in the middle of the day and that's when I'll be out riding.
You could leave the smaller ones in the windscreen area but it's never going to be as efficient as a roof mounted panel
but your post was about storing the panel safely.....thats why i said about the suitcase option. if its on the roof of your vehicle, its already safe

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
but your post was about storing the panel safely.....thats why i said about the suitcase option. if its on the roof of your vehicle, its already safe

Sorry, I was meaning having it working in the sun safely. There's a good chance it will get robbed if you leave it on a roof while you are out.
I used to have a cheap solar shower (black bag) on my van roof and someone robbed it while I was riding :cry:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles