1000 miles!

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
Just cracked the 1000 mile/1 year point on my H30....

Story so far......

Absolutely love the bike, wish the suspension was a bit plusher, but it's a lot better than my last full suss and I suspect you can chase that dragon forever!!!!

Bike goes like a train, battery is great, ride up thing I've have completely dismissed on my non ebike because it wasn't worth the effort!

Adventure, I'm exploring now, going out to find trails I wouldn't have bothered with before because (as above) it wasn't worth the effort!

Going farther and faster, especially when not out with non E riders, just cracking on and getting some miles! (I was ill Oct-Feb last year so kinda screwed me up, nothing major, just repeat bad colds)

Downs? Not many, shit hub was crap as we all know, new Hunt wheels at 300 quid, not really bothered as would probably have upgraded anyway.

Oh, factory tyres, absolutely great, until a hint of moist!! Replaced with Magic Mary and Big Betty's, rimpact inserts (it's an ebike afterall!) - I'm riding in the Pennines, UK, so mud, crap roots, sand, stone.... Full mix!!

Other than that it's been great, think I need to pull the headset, couple of clicks turning bars, but can't feel anything, so no rush. Probably should do the suss bearings and linkage, just for maintenance, but again all fine really....

Seat post, seen a lot of people on Faceyfuchs moaning about it, mine was really "sticky" at first, mint now, no issues at all, it's bedded in nicely...

Love it, no regrets buying it at all despite the cost, not even for a minute! I do my own maintenance and always look after my bikes (think that's a big part of the moans I see! People ride them like motorbikes and expect them to just take it)

Best bike I've ever had?? Quite possibly... Still love my Cannondale race bike and my cross bike though.... :)

Cracking ride out again tonight, bit of "urban decay" and then some moorland, woodland, road, canal.... All enjoyable, and I had ZERO motivation today!! Joys of the Rise!!!

IMG20230917145728.jpg

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Love my M10 too. Agree on suspension, just lacks a bit of plushness but still performs great. Mine takes some abuse too. West Pennine Moors, Dales, Lakes, North Wales, Scotland (Kirroughtree), all taken in its stride...

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Close to 1000 miles on my H15 which I got in spring and just replaced the OE chain. Tyres are fine for dry/mixed trails here but will look at something different when they are worn, maybe Ikon to save some grms. Zero issues and loving the way it goes - range is amazing. I changed bars to ones with more lift for less back ache, and changed front disc for a 203mm one to balance modulation with the rear.

Orange is definitely the best colour.

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
How many sets of tires after 1000 miles?
Swapped the factory after maybe 150 miles and still on the MM/BB softs, front mint, rear getting a little rounded off but not ready for changing yet. So probably 850 miles on the replacements so far.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles