“What’s up” from the FOD

Tracer 275

Jan 6, 2021
Gloucestershire
Anyone had issues with their Specialized Levo HT getting stuck in walk mode?
This is my wife’s bike only 6 months old from new, suddenly today when switched on, the bike just goes into automatic walk mode without pushing any buttons.
The only way to stop it, is to turn off the power button. Bike has no assistance when trying to ride.
I have booked the bike in at lbs for next week, but wondered if anyone else has come across this fault?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I've not heard of or encountered the problem on a Spesh, but on the Shimano, if any of the cables are pulled too tight it can cause all sorts of weird things. I think the buttons on the Spesh are simpler, but a cable short from a damaged cable could cause an issue.

Tracer 275

Jan 6, 2021
Gloucestershire
Just a quick update on the “stuck in walk mode” problem.
Tested the bike today, and everything works as it should???
Walk button even works properly!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just a quick update on the “stuck in walk mode” problem.
Tested the bike today, and everything works as it should???
Walk button even works properly!
We like magic solutions !! :) I'd still check the cable run from the switch to anywhere you can access it. Not sure how the switch works, but it could be the button was returning to position but the contact was sticking ? Or it had just gone insane. I take it you charged it in between ?

I know on my Kenevo when I charge it things return to default settings, like it's in Turbo by default. You can turn it on and off as many times as you like and it will remember what mode you were in, but if you charge it, it resets to it's defaults.

Tracer 275

Jan 6, 2021
Gloucestershire
No, I didn’t charge the battery overnight because it was already nearly on full charge, so can’t really explain the sudden magic fix.
Bike still booked in at lbs next week, so will see what comes up from diagnostic checks.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
£1.50 !!
My first pints were 12p ..back in the day ..?
Yes, but when you first started drinking, a pint was measured using the "English measure" .. so you only got 473ml - hence why it was so cheap.

In 1824, when you were finally at an age where you should have been allowed in an inn ..... things switched to the Imperial Pint of 568ml as we/you still have now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles