YT Decoy availability pushed back one week to Oct. 9

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Yes, already done. Stuck on build awaiting SRAM bleed tool.
NOTE: make sure your Renthal chainring is lined up perfectly before bolt down. The shimano ring is flat around the holes and seats perfectly on the spider, the Renthal is not. We’ll see if it can take the abuse without that “extra” strength of the design.
Also, my limiter screws were not touched on the rear derailleur. It would not go into the smallest cog, until I adjusted it.
Motor and display needs updates.
Dropper cable is WAAY long, but understood for different heights.
The race face dropper lever will mate with Sram matchmaker, but sits a tad high for my liking.

Dumb question.. what’s up with this torque wrench? How do you use it? I have other ratchets that I used to check everything, but this boggled my mind, maybe it was the beer last night?!!
Also, bike ships in low mode, switched to HIGH with a Maxxis DD Aggressor 2.5 on back. Don’t care for the fat tire on the back. Too bouncy like my Levo was and slow. I see Specialized has gone to skinnier rear tires for 2020.
My bike is named Mr.T! More gold than I can afford!!

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
Yes, already done. Stuck on build awaiting SRAM bleed tool.
what’s up with this torque wrench? How do you use it? I have other ratchets that I used to check everything, but this boggled my mind, maybe it was the beer last night?!!
Old school torque wrench—As you tension the bolt you have to watch the tiny guage on the handle to apply the correct torque.

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California

Were you able to use the stock chain guide with the Renthal 32? Also curious if the top speed is affected with DI2 and the 32.
My brother and I both installed a 220 on the front. We went with the organic pads as the metallic pads destroyed our rotors. Grooves in them and squeeking like a houling banshee. Now they are smooth, quiet and excellent modulation.

Ozone08

Sep 17, 2019
Cheshire
Were you able to use the stock chain guide with the Renthal 32? Also curious if the top speed is affected with DI2 and the 32.
My brother and I both installed a 220 on the front. We went with the organic pads as the metallic pads destroyed our rotors. Grooves in them and squeeking like a houling banshee. Now they are smooth, quiet and excellent modulation.
I run a 34T on my other E8000 powered bike an gained about 3-5 mph it wasn't running di2 tho. Iv got a 34T ready for when my decoy gets here along with a load of other parts to replace.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Chain and guide are jam up. No worries

Reactions: 06z

Ozone08

Sep 17, 2019
Cheshire
Well still with no bike and the status stuck on “in progress” since I ordered the delay has at least given me a chance to get everything els delivered and ready to fit ?
667C847A-6887-4001-9D16-4EA2070E414D.jpeg

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
What’s the shifter for? You may want the other side instead.? I did the same thing, gathered all goodies awaiting arrival.

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
Motor and display needs updates.
I tried to connect to the bike via eTube app but was not able to find the Bluetooth LE or any reference to Bluetooth on the e7000 display Settings menu. Menu options are not like those shown in How-To videos. Does anyone have insights?

jabberwocky

Sep 9, 2019
Leesburg, VA
I tried to connect to the bike via eTube app but was not able to find the Bluetooth LE or any reference to Bluetooth on the e7000 display Settings menu. Menu options are not like those shown in How-To videos. Does anyone have insights?
You need to open the eTube app, have it ready to connect and then turn the bike on. Theres a short window where it should appear as a connection option in the app as the bike boots up.

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
I ordered on the 9th (RIP Jordie), tracking details found in spam on the 21st. Looking on track for around the end of the month all being well.

Will keep ya'll posted ;)

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
You need to open the eTube app, have it ready to connect and then turn the bike on. Theres a short window where it should appear as a connection option in the app as the bike boots up.
Thanks Jabberwocky and Gutch. It worked.
Updated my firmware but still get W013 (torque sensor) error occasionally. When I get the error, I turn it off and back on again until it goes away. I have just 75 miles on the motor so far—concerned this is just the start of bigger problems yet to come.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles