Trance E+3 new forks needed

Boloclips

Jan 27, 2019
Warminster, Wiltshire, England
Hi. I have a Trance E+3 I went for that model to keep the wife happy in the finance department. Anyway I went to the Forest of Dean on Saturday and the bike was amazing flying uphill and I was loving it. My mate hired the orange alpine ebike and he was really struggling to keep up with me so I thought I would let him have a go on my bike. Straight away he flew away from me and I was thinking that the trance is on another level to the orange until we got to the down hill bit!! The orange was amazimg. We swaped back and the main difference I could tell was the forks on the trance were awful you could feel everything and made my bones shake. Also the brakes were not as good. Please could I ask for some recommendations for some new forks. Second hand would be fine as I don’t want to spend all of the money in my little pot of gold. Thanks I’m adv

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I would be getting someone who knows what they are doing if your local bs didn’t ask your weight. Set pressure and as MatB said start adjusting rebound

Weight is fairly irrelevant, set the sag by percentage.

It's probably just cheap air fork spiking on small impacts

Boloclips

Jan 27, 2019
Whats happened to your bike?
The flashing red light appeared as I was a FOD bike still worked but stayed in middle assist. Took it back to giant who replaced everything and it still dose it. Having everything replaced again and find out tomorrow the outcome? Also had to purchase a new rear wheel due to it falling apart

Boloclips

Jan 27, 2019
Yep it’s a 2019 trance +3 giant are getting me a new replacement wheel but I did not want to wait for it so I purchased a nice new hope rear wheel so I will have a spare one when the replacement arrives. Also giant did a really cheap deal on the hope one. I have been unlucky with my bike but the service has been 1st class

Wes

Jan 7, 2019
Sydney
The flashing red light appeared as I was a FOD bike still worked but stayed in middle assist. Took it back to giant who replaced everything and it still dose it. Having everything replaced again and find out tomorrow the outcome? Also had to purchase a new rear wheel due to it falling apart
UM Dang as for wheels I am waiting on Chris King hubs to come.But the replace Giant hub is still ok.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles