Status
Not open for further replies.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
@PaoloBLEvo after quite a few attempts I've managed to connect and use with a 2019 Levo on BV6000 running Android v7.0 a couple of times but the connections keep failing. Some times no connection at all other times it fails during the loading parameters stage and sometimes the motor connects but not the bike. I have battery SW 0.3.1 and TCU 2.025. Like some other users the bike has also been to Berkshire cycles. Any ideas please?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
@PaoloBLEvo after quite a few attempts I've managed to connect and use with a 2019 Levo on BV6000 running Android v7.0 a couple of times but the connections keep failing. Some times no connection at all other times it fails during the loading parameters stage and sometimes the motor connects but not the bike. I have battery SW 0.3.1 and TCU 2.025. Like some other users the bike has also been to Berkshire cycles. Any ideas please?

Hi Galaga, today I had suddenly serious connection issues too. I am using the BV6000 and the BLEvo android version. I also asked Paolo for his support. I tried many things but wasn't able to resolve the previous stable connection but also Mission Control had the same unstable connection. So then I started to think it should be the phone but I didn't change anything.

Then I remembered that two days ago I connected the BV6000 to a JBL GO speaker. I use the BV6000 only for two things and that's BLEvo and Spotify via Cast connection to our stereo and bluetooth to the JBL Go speaker. Once I deleted the JBL Go speaker connection from the bluetooth list the issue was solved. I tried a couple of times to connect and everything seems to work again. I think the phone was continuously searching for the JBL speaker which was switched off and therefore couldn't connect to the bike in the right sequence?

I am not sure if it could help others but check all bluetooth devices in the bluetooth connection list and delete all of them so only the bike is left. If it helps, please let us know too.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Hi Galaga, today I had suddenly serious connection issues too. I am using the BV6000 and the BLEvo android version. I also asked Paolo for his support. I tried many things but wasn't able to resolve the previous stable connection but also Mission Control had the same unstable connection. So then I started to think it should be the phone but I didn't change anything.

Then I remembered that two days ago I connected the BV6000 to a JBL GO speaker. I use the BV6000 only for two things and that's BLEvo and Spotify via Cast connection to our stereo and bluetooth to the JBL Go speaker. Once I deleted the JBL Go speaker connection from the bluetooth list the issue was solved. I tried a couple of times to connect and everything seems to work again. I think the phone was continuously searching for the JBL speaker which was switched off and therefore couldn't connect to the bike in the right sequence?

I am not sure if it could help others but check all bluetooth devices in the bluetooth connection list and delete all of them so only the bike is left. If it helps, please let us know too.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Thanks for that. I've just put away my Tacx bluetooth HRM and tried again and it seems to connect much better. I've tried a few times and only once did it fail on the parameter load page. I'll introduce the HRM again tomorrow and see if I get any issues.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for that. I've just put away my Tacx bluetooth HRM and tried again and it seems to connect much better. I've tried a few times and only once did it fail on the parameter load page. I'll introduce the HRM again tomorrow and see if I get any issues.
Just a remark.
If you want to use the heart belt with BLEvo, the Bluetooth device should not be paired with Android Bluetooth system, but only with BLEvo...

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
Thx Paolo for You BLEvo app (y)
I use it all the time I am on the trails.
Love the large amount of info and stats about the engine and battery.

Just began using downloaded maps today. It works superb :)

BLEvo saved my day...
I had a incident where I hit my head at fallen tree hanging to low over the track.
Ended in the rough beside my bike.
Fortunately my helmet saved the day.
I did have some moments of panic and pain - but after a 3 min pause I went on and finished the trail.
At home I realized that my visor and GoPro where lost...
Panic again and almost wrote of the lost stuff.

In a moment of genius I looked at my route in the BLEvo app.
The app put at tag on the map when You are pausing.
This way I found the exact place where I went of and paused for 3:14 minutes :)

2 hours ago I went back on the track guided by the BLEvo map.
And found my visor and GoPro some 2 meters of the track.
Happy times are back - Thanks to Paolo (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thx Paolo for You BLEvo app (y)
I use it all the time I am on the trails.
Love large amount of info and stats about the engine and battery.

Just began using downloaded maps today. It works superb :)

BLEvo saved my day...
I had a incident where I hit my head at fallen tree hanging to low over the track.
Ended in the rough beside my bike.
Fortunately my helmet saved the day.
I did have some moments of panic and pain - but after a 3 min pause I went on and finished the trail.
At home I realized that my visor and GoPro where lost...
Panic again and almost wrote of the lost stuff.

In a moment of genius I looked at my route in the BLEvo app.
The app put at tag on the map when You are pausing.
This way I found the exact place where I went of and paused for 3:14 minutes :)

2 hours ago I went back on the track guided by the BLEvo map.
And found my visor and GoPro some 2 meters of the track.
Happy times are back - Thanks to Paolo (y)(y)(y)
I'm very happy for this...
I think now you think it is 9.99 euros best spent. :love::love:

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I rode with Blevo today and saw amazing battery life out of the levo 2019 using SmartPower, but for some reason I had no display just black on the screen instead of data items. Any ideas?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I rode with Blevo today and saw amazing battery life out of the levo 2019 using SmartPower, but for some reason I had no display just black on the screen instead of data items. Any ideas?
Did you try to customize the display?
Could you screenshot your configuration?

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
Hi Paolo
Since we're are only 2 officially ebikers with the Levo i Denmark, the Strava eBike Segments is nonexistent.

Earlier I used the Wahoo and Strava with my Turbo Levo as a non ebiker.
But of course I alway ticked the "Only You" in the Strava setup.
(This way no one but yourself can see You own stats - and most importantly - You do not interfere with the leaderboards)

In this way I could compare segments with the analog bikers, which for me were import. Especially on the descents where motor doesn't help You.

With BLEvo the "ebike" is alway selected - Is it possible to deselect this :unsure:

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The Strava segments must recreated for the eBike. If you want to keep your performance private, you can change the setting in the ride in Strava. BLEvo always upload the ride for eBike.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Finally the tests of the new version 3.4.0 for Android have been completed.
An important innovation is the management of the remote o-Synce command.
I made a video tutorial to explain the configuration.
I have also updated the user manual including the remote command section.

Another important change is the introduction of OpenAndroMaps. They are vector maps and you can download a whole state from Index of /pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps/maps/
Here, too, read the updated manual which explains how to install them.

Below you will find all the news:
- Remote command management added
- Added the ability to enter the description of the waypoint through the entry
- Optimized the calculation of the difference in level if the barometer is present
- Added the possibility of having up to 4 fields on the map page
- Added button to view the fullscreen map in GPX imports
- Added the OpenAndroMaps map
- Bugfix: slope calculation
- Bugfix: GPX reading from Strava
- Bugfix: Fixed GPX header (failed to import the file on some tools)
- Added the difference in height in the list of GPXs
- Now the video WG is compressive of the correction of the cardio
- Dinamyc legs power activates by default
- Now the ScreenOn function brings BLEvo in the foreground and the screen stays on for 60 seconds
- Added the possibility of not displaying the elevation chart on the map
- Added the possibility of not displaying the SOS button
- Multiple bluetooth connection reviewed
- Limit of maximum number of tours
- Bugfix: bike monitor with a white background: it did not change the color of the fields above the map.
- Bugfix: background color additional fields map when display other than BM
- Changed manager for GPS position request
- Remove directional keys on the map and enable the movement of the map with the fingers

NigelW

Aug 18, 2018
Hi paolo

A question for if you do not mind.

On the android app is it possible to use a android Wear os watch heary rate monitor for the smart functions or will I need a dedicated HR monitor.

Regards

Nigel

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi paolo

A question for if you do not mind.

On the android app is it possible to use a android Wear os watch heary rate monitor for the smart functions or will I need a dedicated HR monitor.

Regards

Nigel
Until now only heart belt with Bluetooth 4.0.. No smart watch are supported...

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
It is written in the description of the video..
The link is this.
multiremote | Wireless Remote Control for Smartphones

Maybe good to add the link to the new manual once more:

Chapter 6 has been changed where the offline OpenAndroMaps option is added. I can tell everyone that this new map feature works excellent! And as every rider has it's own preference Paolo added 5 different themes. Thanks for that!

@PaoloBLEvo, I think you need to update the download link in the manual for the OpenAndroMaps as the link you added in the manual excludes Germany. It seems OpenAndroMaps doesn't consider Germany as a part of Europe. ;)

The correct link is the link which Paolo shared in the post above:
Index of /pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps/maps/

Chapter 9 remote control is now added into the manual. Also I can tell from experience that this new remote control feature works very well. It's not a required option as BLEvo will work without it too but it will make adjustments much more easy while be able to keep your hands to the handlebars.

Caution: There are three remote control versions (smartphone bluetooth, Lev multiremote and ANT+ remote version) which are all identical to the one which Paolo showed in his video. To connect to BLEvo you need the wireless remote control version which has part number OSY-12.

Last edited:

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
The Strava segments must recreated for the eBike. If you want to keep your performance private, you can change the setting in the ride in Strava. BLEvo always upload the ride for eBike.
Hi Paolo

It is the other way around :)
All my updates to Strave is private, as do not want to interfere with standard bike.

But as an eBiker on Strave, there is no Segment to compare with.

Is it possible to have a choice of uploading without the eBike "tag" ?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo

It is the other way around :)
All my updates to Strave is private, as do not want to interfere with standard bike.

But as an eBiker on Strave, there is no Segment to compare with.

Is it possible to have a choice of uploading without the eBike "tag" ?
I don't agree but I will add only if the ride will be uploaded as private..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles