Shorter Crank Arms on Levo / Kenevo?

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Emailed miranda today to find out when stock is due for the 150mm. After getting pinged over the bars last week plus constant pedal strikes, Im keen to get rid of the stock 165mm cranks.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I can do you a good deal on my shimano 150 miranda's .. they won't fit, but they look nice.

I ended up with the 140 unicycle ones on the Kenevo, though I only changed a week ago as they Kenevo has a 6cm HIGHER BB than my Shimano HT had, so it actually felt quite good in comparison ..

The 140's seem good. Though as when I changed to the 150's on the shimano, at first it felt bizarre compared to the standard ones - after a couple of k's they feel ok though and now after 40k ish I don't notice at all, cadence is easier to get higher. Though I can see why people would find the 140's too short until you adjust, or if you were taller/longer legged.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Well they are back in stock, although they never responded to my enquiry, so thats a bit crap. 62 euros for 150mm with 18 euro shipping to the uk.
EDIT - now ordered!

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well they are back in stock, although they never responded to my enquiry, so thats a bit crap. 62 euros for 150mm with 18 euro shipping to the uk.

Yup, I mailed them to buy some new caps for my shimano ones (before I realised I could buy some nice ally ones) but never got a reply.

They were super impressive with shipping though, I think I ordered them early Tuesday afternoon and they arrived Wednesday morning !

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Update :
This is what you get for 50€ (plus 40€ two day shipping, in my case)
The Miranda " Kappa O" 150mm crank arms, including crank bolts
( Not self extracting, can be added later.
In Q-8 and Q-4 form factor, specialy, for the Specialized Levo/Kenevo!

The cranks have the threads for the self extracting lock ring(22mm thread, unfortunately the original praxis crank comes with a 26mm lock ring, that can't be transfered to the Miranda's) but they come with a standard non- extracting bolt- that means you will need a crank puller to remove them. Even though the nicely padded box has a spot for the self extracting lock rings...odd. another problem as mentioned before me, is the pedal threads have paint in them , that makes it verry difficult to start the pedal threads without cross threading or damaging them.. so take great care to start them straight! This should have been cleaned out Before! Shipping the product. Miranda - check your quality control!
Otherwise, an amazing looking crank, that comes in many lengths, and Q-form options.

Can you confirm what your order summary number was was?
My email confirmation is KAPPA 0 - PM67IBT17CA700001541, but of course this doesnt tell me anything useful & Im now worrying I fatfingered the order wrong. I just want to verify I ordered the 150mm kappa0 for kenevo, the same as you. Cheers

Last edited:

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Can you confirm what your order summary number was was?
My email confirmation is KAPPA 0 - PM67IBT17CA700001541, but of course this doesnt tell me anything useful & Im now worrying I fatfingered the order wrong. I just want to verify I ordered the 150mm kappa0 for kenevo, the same as you. Cheers
I don't know anything, but I liked the word "fatfingered" :LOL::ROFLMAO:

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Well they arrived Wednesday which is remarkable service. You certainly have to put some force into undoing the original crank bolts! I used the bolts the cranks came with, so no self extraction.
They feel good, well not much different really except I didnt get any pedal strikes today.
I do seem to knock my ankle on the crankarm with my wonky foot, so I guess they must be a slightly different shape to the stock ones. Although this should resolve when I get some oneup pedals with the inboard bearing which will push my foot outwards.
I did read that some seem to get less range with shorter cranks. My range/elevation isnt great as it is at 100kg (approx 20 miles or 3500ft) so hopefully this isnt the case. Although my style of riding is more self uplift at bikeparks rather than long pedally rides, so its difficult to keep track of how the battery performs.

Barto

Aug 28, 2019
Qld
I'm about to order the KAPPA 0 from Miranda and was thinking 155mm might be a happy medium? Thoughts?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm about to order the KAPPA 0 from Miranda and was thinking 155mm might be a happy medium? Thoughts?

How tall are you ? I'm about 5'10 and ran 150's on an e8000, but now run 140's on a Kenevo. They both feel weird for a few km's (not sure how much of that is psychological as no one notices if you just let them ride and don't tell them).

Barto

Aug 28, 2019
Qld
How tall are you ? I'm about 5'10 and ran 150's on an e8000, but now run 140's on a Kenevo. They both feel weird for a few km's (not sure how much of that is psychological as no one notices if you just let them ride and don't tell them).
6'2. Taking in to account the loss of wattage with shorter cranks vs less pedal strikes 10mm shorter than stock (155mm) seem like a good option but not many if any above have mentioned it.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I would go for the new hope 155mm I think in hindsight. I get some odd knee pain on 150mm I've never had before, but I do have crap knees.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
berkshire helpfully shipped me some 160mm (with the ktm graphic) love them! i have to say though, that @Kiwi in Wales is correct, going even shorter is probably no problem. i am definitely considering 152’s or 150’s... thanks all!

eightyHD

Dec 5, 2018
USA
After much reading I am ready to say goodbye to that long crank life. I've got a 2019 Kenevo and am wanting to go with 150mm arms. What is the preferred brand and or vendor/retailer for the US? My searches from the aforementioned links has come up empty handed. Thank you all in advance.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I am leaning towards 150 myself.. 176cm here, just not sure how it will affect seat height

In theory, you will increase 1mm in seat height for each mm shorter crank arm length (to keep your leg in the same position at bottom stroke). In reality I think it becomes slightly less than that, though I'm not sure why as it should be the same - but if you allow for that - you'll be close.

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
In theory, you will increase 1mm in seat height for each mm shorter crank arm length (to keep your leg in the same position at bottom stroke). In reality I think it becomes slightly less than that, though I'm not sure why as it should be the same - but if you allow for that - you'll be close.

Yes, that is what bothers me...if my seat height goes up for 15mm I find that less then ideal for tight, very slow speed uphills in case I have to stop and get off the bike as my dropper post bottom position will be 15 mm higher from the ground as well.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
At 6' on a large kenevo i would go 155mm. I have 150mm currently. The wu seatpost had to go as it wasnt long enough to work with 150mm cranks, being too high already when dropped & slammed in the seatpost & not high enough when extended. Also I get odd knee pain with 150mm. I would ideally like to try 155mm.

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
At 6' on a large kenevo i would go 155mm. I have 150mm currently. The wu seatpost had to go as it wasnt long enough to work with 150mm cranks, being too high already when dropped & slammed in the seatpost & not high enough when extended. Also I get odd knee pain with 150mm. I would ideally like to try 155mm.
I'm on a S4 2020 kenevo so I will have no problem with the seatpost ... but in fact my doubt is between 150 and 155

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles