Shimano W013 problem

Andromeda

Dec 3, 2019
Russia
Try to clean battery contacts on bike and battery itself. Use ethanol (or vodka). Cleaning battery contacts may be difficult because they are hidden inside the holes. Use something flat. You can use nail file too. Just do it carefully. :giggle:

Cvitanic

Mar 1, 2020
Punta Arenas
Thanks, will try that. I actually filed the contacts on the frame side, but thaven't done so on the battery terminals since they're recessed as you point out. Will figure something out and post if there's any improvement.

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
You've got me worried now, I've only done 100 miles in five months on my new motor. First one lasted 1800 miles.
It's not me that's worrying you . . . I'm sure you will be fine. :)

If you want to feel better, head over to the discussion on the worries of the coronavirus . . . it's hilarious. #firstworldproblems

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The attached picture you posted is for installing the E Thirteen E Spec Plus chain guide, not any kind of sensor. The sensor will either be on the LHS chain stay , using a spoke magnet for readings, or built into the dropout area using a magnet on the rear disc brake (I an mot sure which the tazer users).

If its the magnet on the spokes, check it is secure, and aligned with the sensor (in line with the fixing bolt on sensor)

MotorMichael

Apr 29, 2020
Uxbridge Ontario Canada
The attached picture you posted is for installing the E Thirteen E Spec Plus chain guide, not any kind of sensor. The sensor will either be on the LHS chain stay , using a spoke magnet for readings, or built into the dropout area using a magnet on the rear disc brake (I an mot sure which the tazer users).

If its the magnet on the spokes, check it is secure, and aligned with the sensor (in line with the fixing bolt on sensor)

Thanks for the correction and the suggestion. Post deleted.

simonrwarner

Jun 20, 2020
Reading
I have a Canyon Spectral On 6.0 and Shimano E8000 motor with 700 miles on the clock. I’ve started getting W013 regularly on startup and also once out on a ride I get intermittent power delivery interruptions. Anyone else have this, and are these issues related do you think? Not been on the forum for ages so sorry if I’ve missed the relevant threads…

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles