Ride your acoustic lately? I did, this morning!

Marley

Jan 28, 2021
VA
I've retired my race bikes because they are lazy and not participating in my efforts......oh wait, or is it because I'm lazy.
20210114_154524.jpg

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Let's not forget the fact that its easier to sprint on a regular bike than an ebike.
Yes yes, im sure many will be quick to point out that some motors are better than others in terms of resistance and drag. But sometimes (depending on your view and mentality), you can't beat that sense of achievement of 'Putting foot to Pedal' and knowing just what your capable of without a motor.

I mean no disrespect to those who choose to ride ebikes over regular bikes. But even if the barrier and accessibility issue of ebikes was addressed, I'd still ride both 👊🏿

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Pump tracks, skate parks, (proper) dirt jumps and any ride with flat or undulating terrain where you're yoyoing above and below the assist cut off.

And any genuinely long ride.
I'll reply on behalf of the vast majority of riders I meet

Pump tracks, Nope none around here
Skate parks, Scooters and boards only locally.
(proper) dirt jumps, Are there any left ? Guess its been a while since you've been out riding on your mtb,
Any ride with flat or undulating terrain where you're yoyoing above and below the assist cut off. Not many around my way like that, its up or down. Apart from on the road in between trails, should we call you Roadbike Gary in future ?
And any genuinely long ride. My mates all ride on the road for 4 hours, 3 hours of that is draughting and are totally ferked after 2 hours Mtb, are you talking about road or mtb ?

:cool:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just for the benefit of anyone who struggles to think things through unaided. Every feature you'd expect to find on a pumptrack you'll also come across in nature. But even more so on purpose built mtb trails. Even the double black diamond trails in the Buckinghamshire Alps.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
OK Wayne.

😂
Always sad to see someone have to put in an emoji to try and make any sense of their mutterings.

Good ride last night on my analogue, short, cold, not a lot of mud and ended up in a pub that was having a jamming night with a couple of local bands, what more could a man want on a autumn night.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Dunno...
The ability to pull sweet mannies so all the pretty laydees fight over you before the part time musicians in the pub band?

#NoEmojiforgrumpyWayne

Last edited:

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
acoustics
Who coined this term ?
Last I was aware of was 'Analogue'. Which is weird as analogue is something to do with voltage and non ebikes don't have voltages.

I dunno sometimes, modern buzz word descriptives, I cant keep up. :(

Anyway, here's my 'Classic'
DSCF4023.JPG

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
There's nothing "classic" about an old hardtail turned into a pannier laden commuter. 😂

Decent enough bike though.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Surely the old simple "mtb " has a different meaning than "emtb " ?

Or have we all gone sufficiently woke that to call an mtb not an emtb is saying that mtb's are inferior and should now be called "accoustic" to big them up ?

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Went out on the gravel bike today mainly on the road but was good to put some effort in up the hills 😂

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
I love my old bikes (I refuse to use the terms analog and definitely not acoustic) but my emtb is so good, especially as my Rise isn't much heavier than my fav old mtb. You can ride harder, faster and further so my old mtb(s) are gathering dust. I intend to ride my old ones midweek in winter in the dark when I ride shorter routes. And my emtb at the weekend. I might also leave the emtb at home if the conditions get too muddy as I am not sure how the Rise will cope with the freezing Yorkshire mud.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I rode through everything last winter threw at us ( also a Northern Bloke )..the bike will handle everything but you might lose a little range ..having said that it's a bit milder down south ..😉😁

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Doesn't like Ebikes.... Joins Ebike forum.:unsure:

🤣🤣
When have I EVER said I don't like Ebikes?
The answer is Never.
I've been riding Ebikes for years.
I'm just not naive enough to think they're better in every respect to a normal bike
1 pannier :sleep:

You weren't dropped on your head as a baby were you Gary ?. Just wondering.
"Pannier laden" in respect to your bicycle simply means weighed down by a pannier.

Struggles to comprehend basic English. Joins English speaking forum and tries to pick holes in others use of the English language. 😜

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The Cove stiffee was a horrible mass produced high BB shit show generally ridden badly by folk who believed mtb mag reviews that it was "hardcore" :rolleyes: :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles