Reign E+ 2022

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
Today I had the first problems with the motor. After about 20km the motor suddenly stopped, switched on again, after 10 meters it stopped again. Battery out, waited a bit, back in. After a km again the same. I then made my way home, but on the last 5km the motor wouldn't turn on at all. At home I was able to switch it on again, made a diagnosis with the app, everything is green, the battery has a 40% charge.

Has anyone had such a problem?
I know someone that has had this. Ended up being a loose connection. Check all the wires to the motor are fully plugged in.

kgoran79

Apr 9, 2020
Hungary
I know someone that has had this. Ended up being a loose connection. Check all the wires to the motor are fully plugged in.
I checked it, all wires are fully plugged in. The second from the left is a dummy plug?
motor.jpg

I had the battery out for the night, will check this afternoon to see if the problem is still there.

Donamici

Jan 1, 2022
Ireland
Today I had the first problems with the motor. After about 20km the motor suddenly stopped, switched on again, after 10 meters it stopped again. Battery out, waited a bit, back in. After a km again the same. I then made my way home, but on the last 5km the motor wouldn't turn on at all. At home I was able to switch it on again, made a diagnosis with the app, everything is green, the battery has a 40% charge.

Has anyone had such a problem?

Unfortunately I know of two friends who have been plagued with similar problems. One of them they are still trying to get to the bottom of it, the other they have replaced wiring, the motor, and it looks like the battery may have been causing the problem all along.

kgoran79

Apr 9, 2020
Hungary
Unfortunately I know of two friends who have been plagued with similar problems. One of them they are still trying to get to the bottom of it, the other they have replaced wiring, the motor, and it looks like the battery may have been causing the problem all along.
thanks for the information. if the problem persists i will go to my LBS

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
That's not great 🙁 would never guess the battery. Will let my mate know. Thanks 🙂

Timbehh

Mar 17, 2021
Finland
What front light do you recommend? I went through a lot of videos and shops, but still unsure what is compatible and how to control the lights. Does the ridecontrol app let you to re- assign the middle button from the controller to activate the front light? Or can you do it from the app itself? Sure there is the ridecontrol dash with display and all but i would rather skip purchasing that only to activate the front light :D

Other than that i´m quite keen on Supernova M99 mini which i also have on my Orbea wild. I should receive my E+1 on monday or tuesday latest :)

Dale_Calgary

Jan 22, 2022
Calgary
What front light do you recommend? I went through a lot of videos and shops, but still unsure what is compatible and how to control the lights. Does the ridecontrol app let you to re- assign the middle button from the controller to activate the front light? Or can you do it from the app itself? Sure there is the ridecontrol dash with display and all but i would rather skip purchasing that only to activate the front light :D

Other than that i´m quite keen on Supernova M99 mini which i also have on my Orbea wild. I should receive my E+1 on monday or tuesday latest :)
I don't think you can connect any lights. I have a couple niterider lights

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

Banksay

Nov 3, 2021
Arbroath, Scotland
I have the E+1 Fox Float X2 Performance Elite shock. Mine doesn't have the 4 digit ID sticker, does anyone know what it is so I can get my shock details from the fox website?

Fordo 197

Apr 2, 2022
Uk
Fordo, how does the Kitsuma feel compared to the stock shock.
Feels fantastic. Rode it on my local tracks last night to get a good comparison. Fast turns which are holed out and rocky are where it really shines though, corner speed is insane, to the point where in some sections I was pushing the front which I'd not done on this bike. It is very active when open so I did use the climb switch, this is a literal lock out imo, makes it like a hardtail. Really pleased with it and it was only £600 with the spring as TF had a sale of Easter.

Banksay

Nov 3, 2021
Arbroath, Scotland

Thanks.

I thought that link would give me the total stroke length - I assume it's 65mm, can anyone confirm that?

I also noticed that the HSC has only 10 clicks, with large gaps between each click - does this sound right?

Finally, unless I'm missing something then this model shock does not have LSC - is that right?

Only ever had non emtb hardtails so rear shock setup is new to me.

Fordo 197

Apr 2, 2022
Uk
Thanks.

I thought that link would give me the total stroke length - I assume it's 65mm, can anyone confirm that?

I also noticed that the HSC has only 10 clicks, with large gaps between each click - does this sound right?

Finally, unless I'm missing something then this model shock does not have LSC - is that right?

Only ever had non emtb hardtails so rear shock setup is new to me.
It's 62.5mm shock stroke. Used the stock fox settings for mine at 230psi, felt slower than what I would normally run but worked great

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Trail systems arround here are finally opening slowly after a long winter, rode the bike 70km/2600m climb total this weekend.

The more I ride the bike, the more I like it!

Confidence inspiring through rough descents & rocky terrain while being nimble arround corners and fun to jump. Rear suspension is soft up top for these small bumps and still wasn't able to bottom out the rear yet, but I'll leave it as is to have that 10-15mm extra available to catch up these mistakes.

Bike is clearly at home shooting down and I would be curious to try a Trance X E+ on regular trails to see the difference.

The 2022 Reign E+ is truly in a class of it's own as an enduro eMTB at that price level, can't wait to see if Giant will offer carbon models & make that 750wh battery standard in the near future.

markoricho

Apr 9, 2022
York
Trail systems arround here are finally opening slowly after a long winter, rode the bike 70km/2600m climb total this weekend.

The more I ride the bike, the more I like it!

Confidence inspiring through rough descents & rocky terrain while being nimble arround corners and fun to jump. Rear suspension is soft up top for these small bumps and still wasn't able to bottom out the rear yet, but I'll leave it as is to have that 10-15mm extra available to catch up these mistakes.

Bike is clearly at home shooting down and I would be curious to try a Trance X E+ on regular trails to see the difference.

The 2022 Reign E+ is truly in a class of it's own as an enduro eMTB at that price level, can't wait to see if Giant will offer carbon models & make that 750wh battery standard in the near future.
Can't wait to get out on mine, its sat at home waiting for invisiframe kit to arrive. Don't want to get it dirty b4 I fit it, but if it doesn't arrive before the weekend temptation may be too much!

Is that 2600m in 1 charge? 750w?

Been wondering what sort of range I'll get, heard mixed reports, had a quick ride up the local hill, quite impressed with it even in eco mode tbh.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Can't wait to get out on mine, its sat at home waiting for invisiframe kit to arrive. Don't want to get it dirty b4 I fit it, but if it doesn't arrive before the weekend temptation may be too much!

Been wondering what sort of range I'll get, heard mixed reports, had a quick ride up the local hill, quite impressed with it even in eco mode tbh.

I'm getting +-1000m per battery (625wh) @ Active mode (level 3) almost all the time, but I'm not really a reference as I'm heavy (6'3 120kg) & riding heavy rolling resistance tires.

To ride 2600m I had to use 3 batteries, but the 3rd one still had 50%+ left.

I'm flying on climbs compared to regular MTBs, but in general other eMTB are easily flying past me. Rider weight is making a HUGE difference.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham

Good luck with the invisiframe kit some parts are tricky took me about 7 hours lol

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark
I'm getting +-1000m per battery (625wh) @ Active mode (level 3) almost all the time, but I'm not really a reference as I'm heavy (6'3 120kg) & riding heavy rolling resistance tires.

To ride 2600m I had to use 3 batteries, but the 3rd one still had 50%+
I got 1500m 40km on 750Wh, Exo+ casing assegai/dissector.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles