Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
Mabie today, His & Her SL’s
C3E1E3DA-B9EB-4B00-AC6F-C43E24B16FD2.jpeg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Ah Whistler... what is the attraction... on a MONDAY!!!? This is a busy weekend line up NOT a week day line up. At least it was 25 degrees with the trails that were open in good condition and not 35 degrees with dry and dusty trails. But with 1/2 the mountain closed down, one would hope they would reduce the price of a lift ticket. No sir! Full price for all at $95! First world problems! View attachment 92163
Unbelievable prices I had 10 days skiing there February . Then again its a massive area.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Whistler IS a massive place! Unfortunately with less than 5% of the lift access area open to bikes, it gets pretty busy with only 2 lifts open. But any day on the mountain is a good day :)

View attachment 92223
View attachment 92222

View attachment 92221
View attachment 92218
View attachment 92219
I always fancied a biking trip there but you can't have everything . I manage to wangle a solo ski trip most years don't think wife would wear a summer biking trip as well.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I always fancied a biking trip there but you can't have everything . I manage to wangle a solo ski trip most years don't think wife would wear a summer biking trip as well.
I hear you. Fortunately, my wife like doing the same things so it works out well for us 😀

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Well, first ride after COVID, I was expecting to be out of breath quickly but, no, I don't appear to have suffered any long term effects and fitness hasn't really suffered after 3 weeks without riding so that's good news!

Thought I'd do a 'gentle' ride with some loops of Darwen Moor and Jubilee Tower. 16 miles (give or take a few yards), 2400ft, 1140kCals and hit 33mph down one of the rocky bridleways.

Still on the Green Hornet (Merida) as Rise is still waiting on last parts to arrive after putting it in for Service nearly 4 weeks ago.

Jubilee01.jpg

Jubilee02.jpg

Jubilee03.jpg

Jubilee04.jpg

Jubilee05.jpg

Route: -
Route.JPG

Relive Video

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
A day out at Sherwood Pines (mostly off-piste) with @myapes (he's the one in the pics).

This is the one that he will get up one day. About 10 feet high with a "Z" shaped route, very loose trail surface, and a 5-foot drop into nettles if he falls away from the slope.
View attachment 92099

This was him trying to find the source of a mystery flat (it was a bead failure).
View attachment 92100

This is him reluctantly leaning backwards against a drop to show off how high it is. ("My top is clean" he claimed). If you look carefully, at the very top, you will see the deep groove created by the motor bikes that also use this drop, only they go UP it! We have both done this multiple times, but not recently since the motor bikes found it.
View attachment 92101

My bike resting in the shade.
View attachment 92102
I had a sneaky day off work yesterday, loaded the bike in the van and went to pines. I did the red route twice then wondered off to have a look round, I ended up on Eakring road, lets just say the part I entered under a few bridges with burnt out stuff and fly tipping didn't feel to safe lol.
Is the off piste rides over this way or still within the park?

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Today, @myapes and I were on the unofficial emtb area, (well off-piste) at Sherwood Pines and we came across a recent fire in the forest. Due to the low amount of scrub in that area, the fire didn't burn too hot and set fire to the trees. The forest trails appeared to have limited the horizontal burn. The area of burn is 5-6 times larger than in the pic below. We were there on Sunday and today is Thursday, so it happened between those days. The smell of burning was strong, but there was no smouldering or any smoke.
Burned emtb.jpg

Not up to Australian standards, but worrying all the same. Within 20 mins we came across five policemen on their trail bikes. They are there to cruise the forest and catch illegal motorbike riders, but what they were doing today was training one of their number to ride his big heavy motorbike over a large log. He wasn't doing too well. The location was the same as where @myapes was looking for a puncture in post#7500. I asked about the fire and they replied by immediately asking me if I knew who had done it!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
First ride out after nearly 5 weeks of ankle injury and working out why the bike was chewing cassettes ..the bike is now fine ..but I don't think the ankle would like another knock right now 😁.
There was supposed to be four of us riding but one pulled out due to feeling unwell and Colin lasted until he used his dropper for the first time which then wouldn't return ..so then there were two ..but a good catch up with Dave and a nice ride ..with a bit of trail clearing ..
Dave ..
20220714_135107.jpg

Lunch at The Green Bothy..scene of an infamous piss up a few years back when 4 of us stayed overnight..no booze today 😀
20220714_140639.jpg

20220714_140649.jpg

Next up ..Allendale Moors on Saturday with The EMF & Jaco ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles