Have zillions of pics!

received_531601785414707.jpeg
received_790505391975151.jpeg
IMG-20220710-WA0025.jpg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I am standing for the leadership of the Conservative party. My key policy pledge is to sack it off today & give out free Calippos. I trust I can count on your votes?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
28 deg C is an extremely rare occurrence in Yorkshire. Rumour has it we may even reach the dizzying heights of 30 deg C today in places 😱

Anything above 20 deg C sends the nation running to buy beer & bbq’s. This is the absolute peak of our summer. It’ll all be over by Wednesday 😀
Keep it for me a balmy 20 is plenty . Got talked in to going to paphos next Wednesday:😩

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
A day out at Sherwood Pines (mostly off-piste) with @myapes (he's the one in the pics).

This is the one that he will get up one day. About 10 feet high with a "Z" shaped route, very loose trail surface, and a 5-foot drop into nettles if he falls away from the slope.
Next time!.jpg

This was him trying to find the source of a mystery flat (it was a bead failure).
Mystery Flat.jpg

This is him reluctantly leaning backwards against a drop to show off how high it is. ("My top is clean" he claimed). If you look carefully, at the very top, you will see the deep groove created by the motor bikes that also use this drop, only they go UP it! We have both done this multiple times, but not recently since the motor bikes found it.
Drop.jpg

My bike resting in the shade.
Resting in the shade.jpg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Whats it like as a ride? when i was staying in Brecon last summer i rode all around the south but not the gap as it looked like a long pedal for no reward?
it can be rewarding, that trail you see winding left to right heads off to Brecon, this is on Fay Y Big just off the trail and then you can go down the other side of the mountain in a wild ride to Brecon instead of the bike breaking trail you see in the picture, both are worth it though if doing as part of a loop, if you are just doing the gap as a 'there and back' it isnt great on its own..

BDZA1219.JPG

the Gap 'Ravine'

gap2.png

usually these rides start in Brecon or as part of a bigger loop starting from Talybont

HEader.jpeg

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Whats it like as a ride? when i was staying in Brecon last summer i rode all around the south but not the gap as it looked like a long pedal for no reward?

We did this loop which was a lot of fun, nice to do a bit of XC for a change. It was a fair pull up with amazing views along the way, then flat out down a pretty sketchy rocky descent down the old byway. It wasn't a bad ride on my KSL, got back with 65% battery.

Next time we do it, we're going to do one of the other peaks too.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Ah Whistler... what is the attraction... on a MONDAY!!!? This is a busy weekend line up NOT a week day line up. At least it was 25 degrees with the trails that were open in good condition and not 35 degrees with dry and dusty trails. But with 1/2 the mountain closed down, one would hope they would reduce the price of a lift ticket. No sir! Full price for all at $95! First world problems!
20220711_112833.jpg

skinipenem

Apr 9, 2022
skinipenem
Ah Whistler... what is the attraction... on a MONDAY!!!? This is a busy weekend line up NOT a week day line up. At least it was 25 degrees with the trails that were open in good condition and not 35 degrees with dry and dusty trails. But with 1/2 the mountain closed down, one would hope they would reduce the price of a lift ticket. No sir! Full price for all at $95! First world problems! View attachment 92163
How long of a wait is that lift line?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
30+ minutes. Most of the problem is the top of moutain is still soggy from snow melt and with the other side of the mountain under construction, this lift (and the Gondy behind it) are the only way to get up the mountain. Its usually a 10-15 minute wait.
What a great trip. You guys hit some of the nice spots in BC… with decent weather too. Thanks for the Pics 👍🏻

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
30+ minutes. Most of the problem is the top of moutain is still soggy from snow melt and with the other side of the mountain under construction, this lift (and the Gondy behind it) are the only way to get up the mountain. Its usually a 10-15 minute wait.
Your so lucky is it $95 for whole day lift or per lift if whole day seems worth it.

Reactions: Dax

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Ready to drop into Avoriaz on Sunday after nearly falling out of the Seraussaix chair lift - apparently pulling down the guard is not optional...

Nice! When are you coming back? I will be there on the 23rd for 2 weeks. Love the Seraussaix, great just for the ride! And rarely have to wait more than a few minutes if that :)

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Nice! When are you coming back? I will be there on the 23rd for 2 weeks. Love the Seraussaix, great just for the ride! And rarely have to wait more than a few minutes if that :)

Cheers; we headed back to the UK yesterday, will be back in December for the snowboarding/skiing most likely but not for mtb until next year now unfortunately. Ditto ref the Seraussaix! The queues weren't bad at all for any of the lifts, we must have timed them right. Absolutely love the whole of PDS. I shredded brake pads daily though!

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Your so lucky is it $95 for whole day lift or per lift if whole day seems worth it.
For the day. Fortunate to live here, yes! But the cost of a seasons pass has gone up from $350 to $800 in the past 10 years with no reduced rates for locals. Living and working in a resort town is very expensive. If it wasnt for the young Auzzies, who love it here and share rent, Whistler couldn't be open.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Ah Whistler... what is the attraction... on a MONDAY!!!? This is a busy weekend line up NOT a week day line up. At least it was 25 degrees with the trails that were open in good condition and not 35 degrees with dry and dusty trails. But with 1/2 the mountain closed down, one would hope they would reduce the price of a lift ticket. No sir! Full price for all at $95! First world problems! View attachment 92163

That's crazy! This was the line when I ride there last month (in the rain):
BC53455D-8998-49DF-BABE-722C0847707D.jpeg

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Haha.... as you can see, nobody rides here in the rain! When the masses are here, its usually kids camps, lessons, casual tourist who pay for a 3 lift pass or its a weekend. Rain keeps the tourists away!

This tourist was loving it in the rain 😁 I went full joey with the size sticker still on the peak of my rental helmet 👌

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles