Phone mount for handlebar - which one?

Ben Duro

May 27, 2019
Surrey
Hello
Have been asking around in shops/searching amazon and even looking at more motorcycle specific phone mounts (£100, no thanks). What are you guys using and does anything stand out enough to recommend?
Starting to regret this whole line of attack and looking at Garmin again
Thanks

racinghelmi

Jun 13, 2019
Gloucestershire
Hello
Have been asking around in shops/searching amazon and even looking at more motorcycle specific phone mounts (£100, no thanks). What are you guys using and does anything stand out enough to recommend?
Starting to regret this whole line of attack and looking at Garmin again
Thanks
I bought a Garmin compatible male socket. Works very well but looks a bit odd on the back on the phone. Or you stick it on a case.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Definitely Quad lock, I had a couple of cheap ones previously but during fast bumpy sections they would move and the phone would end up under the bars!

Quad lock is solid though.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have just started using a smartphone mapping/navigation app ( Komoot) and looked a round for a phone mount. I was not convinced by any of the designs to be honest with the exception of quadlock but I use Android and have no intention of spending that much on a mount. Whilst the bars provide the best visibility of the phone it also seems pretty vulnerable. So in the end I opted for a top tube bag with built in phone sleeve. Ok its not directly in your eye line but I think it is more secure and the bag/sleeve provides some weather and crash protection. I want it mostly for navigating new routes so being able to use earphones to hear the voice instructions also helps. The only problem was that the top tube bags typically connect with Velcro around the top tube but also horizontally around the op of the steerer tube......but on my Levo the steerer tube connection will not reach and I cannot in any case cover the on/off/mode/battery unit on top the top tube. I just cut some silicon gripper mat to fit around the top tube and Velcro around that...don't think it will move! As a bonus the little bag will also carry card/cash/ earphones/ key and energy bars...……….Bonus!!

Ben Duro

May 27, 2019
Surrey
Thanks for replies, went for the quad lock, let’s see. Android fixing relies on sticky tape???? Nervous already...

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
another vote for QuadLock.
Holds my Moto G7Power huge ,heavy phone really steady but would like a tether" just in case"
Needs a waterproof case compatible with QL mount adhesive.(y)

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
For those using quad lock, what work around do you do if you have a short stem and 35mm bars. It's seems none of the attachments are suitable for my bike?

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
For those using quad lock, what work around do you do if you have a short stem and 35mm bars. It's seems none of the attachments are suitable for my bike?
I have a short stem and 35mm bars, recently been looking at quad lock and asked the same question. The stem mount will work perfectly. To quote their website -

STEM BIKE MOUNT
  • Suits bar sizes 25-40mm in diameter

Reactions: iXi

StevenM

Sep 22, 2018
Ipswich Qld Australia
35 mm renthal s and 35 mm stem. This quad lock mount

0B255BD6-B558-4714-95DD-F5BBBEBCDB23.jpeg
506C7124-6934-4404-A915-9514FCFF8DEB.jpeg
506C7124-6934-4404-A915-9514FCFF8DEB.jpeg

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
I've had Quad lock on all my bikes and it works to perfection. On my EMTB I can't mount it on the stem as the Kiox is mounted there, instead its turmed 90 degrees and mounted on the handle bar mid way from the gear lever and the stem
I use this case for my Galaxy S8

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I've been using a Quadlock out front mount too, but haven't been riding rough terrain.
I just bought a cheap Gear4 D30 case for my phone and the Quadlock universal adapter
IMG_20200221_125533.jpg
IMG_20200221_125502.jpg
IMG_20200221_125515.jpg
IMG_20200221_130143.jpg

Reactions: iXi

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
So I bought it. Seems pretty solid but definitely doesn't fit in over the stem on my bars and they say they are 35mm.

StevenM I'm pretty yours are 35mm rise or up sweep and not 35mm diameter otherwise you wouldn't be able to get it over the stem

Last edited:

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
A great thumbs up(y) for Quad Lock Its been faultless until I broke it through my own cack handedness..QuadLock replaced the part "no Question" even though I admitted it was my fault.
Well done Quadlock....Thanks .(y)

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
I use a cheap Chinese one - nice solid alloy construction, will hold damn near any phone and you can set up portrait or landscape config.
GUB Phone Mount
Friend used that to secure his iPhone. It flew off when we went downhill. He insist it was installed and clamped correctly. But long downhill did rattled it loose.

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
I actually use this one:

I purchased this for my previous Bicycle, misplaced it, and purchased a second because I liked it so much. The design is actually 90° from the others so it goes around the stem, rather than the handlebars and stays in place quite well. On my E bike the steam is too short but I use it on the top tube and it works just fine. This one seems a bit pricier than I remember but it seems to be the identical model I purchased. Works great with my large android phone and my smaller iPhone.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles