LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I think you should post your first ever ride edit and do the same ride using the GoPro and then post that, side by side, so we can see how they compare. A now & then scenario

I went through exactly the same ‘camera’ progression when filming motorbike rides. Started on a mobile phone, then a cheap Amazon (Apeman) camera, then a Drift Ghost. Tried using the Drift Ghost on an mtb ride but the stabilisation was shite so purchased the GoPro
Ah i wish i could do that comparison, like you i started on mobile phone then onto cheap ebay camera which i ran over lol, bought a slightly improved cheap amazon one but when i got my akaso i deleted nearly all of them to replace with akaso footage. I will keep the older videos from akaso on my channel but i have a wierd OCD and i cant help deleting older stuff .

Edit: I just checked and do still have a few older ( 2nd cheap cam generation ) videos lol.

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I‘ve just acquired a GoPro 10 black, can anyone give me a head start on ideal MTB settings please? Thanks

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I‘ve just acquired a GoPro 10 black, can anyone give me a head start on ideal MTB settings please? Thanks

So, I had a first test with the GoPro 10 yesterday, sorry it’s not mind blowing emtb riding :) just a bimble with my son who was wearing the GoPro riding his acoustic. I downloaded the footage to my 2015 MacBook Air and it was really choppy (2.7 30fps) so tried it on my newer work windows laptop…..still the same, however on my phone or iPad using GoPro quick the playback is great, I was playing around with GoPro Quik and it came up with a half price £24.50 offer..unlimited iCloud storage and all the effects…seems like a good option so went for it. Need to hone my editing skills😂

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Amazing area. Can you get the footage to be more stable?
Yeah its a great ride when not rushed, i had changed some settings and noticed it when editing too !! ive put the settings back to how i had them and this is one of my regular rides so will do it more justice next time when not in a hurry. Thanks for the feedback @BAMBAMODA

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
Here's a 1st pass down a local "black" run (it has a black sign at the start) . Its my 1st ride on this trail in about a year and the 1st tricky trail on my Mondi Crafty . Apols for the hacked image quality it was filmed on an amazon cheapo (no stabilisation) and Utube seems to have crunched the quality compared to the local copy. PS ridden in Tour+ mode as I didnt want to arrive at the scene of an accident any faster than I needed too, probably far more likely in EMTB or Turbo modes given my lack of familiarity with Ebikes etc ...

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Here’s 18 minutes of your life you’ll never get back

Went to Chopwell Woods on Saturday, never been before. Struggled to find many off-piste trails and the ones we did find had great big drainage channels running throughout them so it was quite a bumpy ride. Didn’t record anything, so this sentence is completely irrelevant 😆

Decided to go for an easy & scenic XC route in the Yorkshire Dales on Sunday. Swaledale & Fremington Edge. Loads of views, loads of loose rock & gravel. Loads of fun

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate

Went to Chopwell Woods on Saturday, never been before. Struggled to find many off-piste trails and the ones we did find had great big drainage channels running throughout them so it was quite a bumpy ride. Didn’t record anything, so this sentence is completely irrelevant 😆

Decided to go for an easy & scenic XC route in the Yorkshire Dales on Sunday. Swaledale & Fremington Edge. Loads of views, loads of loose rock & gravel. Loads of fun

You should have been there last week and done the hard Rock race 😁

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
You should have been there last week and done the hard Rock race 😁

Sod that, I value my life and healthy bones too much 😀 Racing on that loose rock & gravel must be nuts, so difficult to find any grip, feels like the bike is surfing its way down the tracks

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Sod that, I value my life and healthy bones too much 😀 Racing on that loose rock & gravel must be nuts, so difficult to find any grip, feels like the bike is surfing its way down the tracks
😂 I have all on getting down Gunnerside in one piece and steady away 😜

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
😂 I have all on getting down Gunnerside in one piece and steady away 😜

I think we watched your Fremington Edge / Gunnerside vid on Saturday evening doing our ‘trail research’ - almost put my other half off from going 😆

Did you climb up the trail from Fremington to the top ? That must have been tough going. Fun coming down it though

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I think we watched your Fremington Edge / Gunnerside vid on Saturday evening doing our ‘trail research’ - almost put my other half off from going 😆

Did you climb up the trail from Fremington to the top ? That must have been tough going. Fun coming down it though
Yes clockwise from the bike centre. It's always fun on that ride 😏

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Had a couple of days in Pila, Italy on the normal bike. I wasn't too keen on the main bike park stuff because it was so loose after so long without rain but found a really fun off piste line, here's a small part of it. Quite sketchy with loose rocks and trees down but this was so much fun:

And here's the freeride line that drops you down into Aosta Valley. Sandy and loose in places, would have been hard to follow anyone with all the dust being kicked up and slowing down for corners was a challenge!

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Had a couple of days in Pila, Italy on the normal bike. I wasn't too keen on the main bike park stuff because it was so loose after so long without rain but found a really fun off piste line, here's a small part of it. Quite sketchy with loose rocks and trees down but this was so much fun:

And here's the freeride line that drops you down into Aosta Valley. Sandy and loose in places, would have been hard to follow anyone with all the dust being kicked up and slowing down for corners was a challenge!

Very good 👍

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

Looks great 👍🏻

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire

Went to Chopwell Woods on Saturday, never been before. Struggled to find many off-piste trails and the ones we did find had great big drainage channels running throughout them so it was quite a bumpy ride. Didn’t record anything, so this sentence is completely irrelevant

just watching this now ( 8 mins in ) looks good, nice save from your woman at the beginning ( about 4 + minutes in ) .
I assume it was a slight breeze on your ride out and i felt sorry for that sleeping ( not well dead ) sheep.

some lovely long speedy sections by the looks of and that loose stuff on about 15:00 minutes looks awesome, Definitely give the jaw a rattle on my hardtail lol.

Great video, Very scenic loved it.

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire

I quote you " WOAH " That freeride line was WOW each time i thought you'd finished..... it just kept going.

That looks DOWN and respect for that attack riding.

Great watch

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles