Levo Gen 2 I hurt my 2021 Levo (paint chip, my fault)

Reap3r

Jul 6, 2020
Pennsylvania
I was using our car instead of the SUV with the bike carrier, and when pulling the bike out of the trunk I bumped the metal latch hook. I already had invisiframe on order before the bump, and was planning to install it over winter, but now I need to do something about this chip -_-

I tried my dealer for a touch up pen and they said they were not available at all. Any "redwood" colors I look for online are pretty obviously not close enough to be used and I wouldn't order paint online anyway due to screen color reproduction differences. I'm going to start looking around hobby and automotive stores for best match I can get, but just annoyed since it's so visible.

levo1.jpg

levo2.jpg

Last edited:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Really? Is that it..... Was expecting to see a bike in half from the title!

Mines battered and peppered in chips. How on earth you expect a mountain bike to remain prestine?

I chuck mine at the scenery almost every time I ride it ?

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
That’s about as minor as it will get in an expected spot for paint chips. OCD or not, you will quickly forget about it. Ask for the Pantone color and go from there. Or, someone mentioned, go nail polish shopping and you should be able to get pretty close with all the red color selections.

sanyata

Oct 31, 2020
USA
I took a big dump on an off camber rock bed and have about 5 or 6 chucks and chips of paint out of my new Levo Comp - Redwood color. I'm gonna go to an automotive paint store and have them do a handheld spectrum meter color match to mix up some touch up paint. At the time, I was upset with the chips as it's a new ride but now I'm OK with it and no longer worry about buggering up the new paint. I just want to do some repairs that look as good as possible and amateurish. I find satisfaction in that.

Ferd

Nov 30, 2020
CA
I’ll admit I have found my Levo’s paint to be of quite poor quality. Scratched and chipped it before even riding it.
AND I should’t be so judgmental about the OP being so upset.

I’d personally sand down the chip and repaint with some nail polish. And Then I’d buy some All Mountain Style protection to stick on there. Black. To cover it up. Out of sight, out of mind.

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
I already had invisiframe on order before the bump, and was planning to install it over winter,

I wouldn’t bank on invisiframe saving your frame, had two rock strikes lately, straight through the invisiframe and two chunks out of a carbon frame... there goes the resale value.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Bikes ride better after a few paint chips. Once you stop worrying about protecting it you can get on with riding it.

Some clear nail polish to stop the elements getting in and then ride it like you stole it......

Gordon

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Paint chips give it character. Minor battle scars that show you actually use it.

Wait until they build up and you see more of the undercoat than the actual paint, then get the bike redone in a custom paint job. Rinse, repeat.

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
I was using our car instead of the SUV with the bike carrier, and when pulling the bike out of the trunk I bumped the metal latch hook. I already had invisiframe on order before the bump, and was planning to install it over winter, but now I need to do something about this chip -_-

I tried my dealer for a touch up pen and they said they were not available at all. Any "redwood" colors I look for online are pretty obviously not close enough to be used and I wouldn't order paint online anyway due to screen color reproduction differences. I'm going to start looking around hobby and automotive stores for best match I can get, but just annoyed since it's so visible.

View attachment 46749

View attachment 46750

sanyata

Oct 31, 2020
USA
I found a decent match for the Redwood color. If you look left of the bottle at the 10:00 position you'll see two touched up spots. The color isn't a perfect match and actually looks better in the pic than in reality. But it's darn close. It's Porsche Lava Orange

Paint.jpg

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
I crashed head on at 20mph a concrete beam that I didn't even see. Here's the freaky part. The concrete bar was the exact height as my triple clamp. Pictures show the white concrete in the 2 screws on the triple clamp. The other pictures shows the only damage done to the bike! Not a scratch anywhere else. Miracle I am alive.

PXL_20210105_164002596.jpg

PXL_20210105_164015004.jpg

Johneracer

Sep 17, 2020
USA
My bike is 7 months old, I would need a gallon of paint to touch up all the scratches,,,,, granite is hard on painted frames. I’m actually digging it. I figured in a year to strip it and powder coat. For now it’s battle scars.

drm31078

Dec 31, 2020
Charlotte, NC USA
Did you find a good touch up for this color? I have the same bike.

Whatever you do, don't put a spot light on the paint job. I have at least 4-5 decent paint runs / drips that I found as I was putting the invisiframe on. Horrible paint job.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK

It's like anything else you "love" (and sometimes have also paid a lot of money for) - you want to keep them shiny and new for as long as possible. The first ding always hurts the most but time is a great healer and after the first one, the rest don't matter. It's not "if" but "when" - doesn't make it any easier at the time but trust me, you'll get over it...

Johneracer

Sep 17, 2020
USA
Mountain bikes are bound to get damaged. That’s a fact of life. You can always sandblast and powder coat once the bike is thrashed (if aluminum) but the quicker you give up on keeping it perfect, the more of your sanity remains. I don’t deal with invisiframe either, waste of money in my opinion. It will not stop rocks, look as bad as paint eventually and it just Delays the inevitable. My buddy taped up his levo all over the place. First ride banged up the cashima coating bad! Eventually all the invisiframe pieces scuffed, got holes in them that made paint touch up impossible, that he ended up taking everything off and now touches up the bike as needed.

SwissChess

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland

View attachment 46749

View attachment 46750
Return it :)

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Everytime i see posts like this i'm confused. Are these real or just jokes?
Does someone really buy a thousands of euros/dollars mountainbikes just for polishing and looking at them?! :unsure:

They ARE mountainbikes, made for abuse and sending! Scars look good on them!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles