Do I need to wait for invisiFRAME before i ride my Levo? Paint chipping issues?

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Hi all! I have been waiting for my 2019 Green/Black Expert Levo for 3 months but i just got a call from the shop that it's arriving Friday :). The delivery date kept getting pushed so i hadn't ordered the invisiFRAME kit i'm planning on putting on. I ordered it up but it will not be here in the US until Monday. I've heard/seen some issues with paint chipping after one ride so i'm hesitant to ride the trails this weekend without the invisiFRAME installed.
Has anyone had paint chipping issues?
Should i risk it?

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I would wait until the Invisiframe is installed - it's worth it. Even if you don't get paint chips you'll likely need to clean the bike any tarmac or oil spots will not look good.

Scoobaru

Sep 6, 2018
Scotland
The black is far less prone to chipping than the coloured paint which is the main reason I went for black/ green as well. Just wait a few days to protect it.

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Thanks guys! Looks like I’ll be waiting a few more days to ride. I guess I’ve been waiting for 3 months so a few more days shouldn’t matter.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If you are intending to invisiframe it, then why take the risk. I like a bit of patina on my bikes so have never bothered, but if was going to I would be wrapping it in cotton wool until the kit was fitted!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles