Levo Gen 3 2022 Levo Pro Burnt Orange Paint chipping - I'm no painter!

Jaybee59

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2021
Reno
Hey All,
The paint on my new Levo Pro is soft and chips very easily. I couldn't wait for the Invisiframe to arrive. No paint codes from Specialized, no shipping paint from EU. I found this solution...I hope it helps anyone else with the same chippy soft paint!
The fix isn't near perfect but the acrylic polish should seal the chipped edges and look OK under the Invisiframe matte. I'll post final pics when the wrap is completed.
Here's the stuff I used...
OPI - "VERNIS A ONGLES" NAIL LAQUER - 15ml. (comes close to matching, but needs A VERY SMALL amount of the black)
APPLE BARREL - "MULTI SURFACE BLACK SATIN #21985E" - 2oz. (I suggest pouring a few drops of the orange into a cap and literally taking the tip of a zip tie and daubing the smallest amount you can of the black. Be sure to have an unmixed sample to compare against).
Pro's please chime in...I need to learn a better solution!
Thanks!

LEVO PAINT 1.jpg

LEVO PAINT 2.jpg

LEVO PAINT 3.jpg

Last edited:

JayMartin

May 26, 2021
Denver, CO USA
Thanks for posting. OPI - "VERNIS A ONGLES" NAIL LAQUER seems to be the name for a group. Do you have the specific color? For example, on this page there are a few it could be.
Thanks,
Jay

Jaybee59

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2021
Reno
I will take a harder look when I return home in 3 weeks. Sally's beauty supply should have it during Halloween season...you'll pick it out the moment you see it...

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
That needs flatting off, there's too much paint on the outside of the chip. Better way to repair the chip is to fill iit in using a syringe with a fine needle. Then using I fine thin razor blade wipe the paint away. It removes the paint away without taking it out of the chip. Remove the small residue off surrounding paintwork with panel wipe. Don't use a cutting paste on matt paintwork as it'll leave a gloss shine. I've got the same model and my paint isn't soft. If it's that bad have a word with specialized.

Jaybee59

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2021
Reno
That needs flatting off, there's too much paint on the outside of the chip. Better way to repair the chip is to fill iit in using a syringe with a fine needle. Then using I fine thin razor blade wipe the paint away. It removes the paint away without taking it out of the chip. Remove the small residue off surrounding paintwork with panel wipe. Don't use a cutting paste on matt paintwork as it'll leave a gloss shine. I've got the same model and my paint isn't soft. If it's that bad have a word with specialized.
Wow! Great expert advice! I will follow your instructions on the next chip damage...Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles