Levo touch up paint is there any?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hi guys we recently got a new Levo each one in nice blue and one in taupe, they are getting scratches/chips around the bb area are there any touch up paints available?

I know and accept they will get marked due to the nature of the trails we ride but it would be nice to touch them up a bit :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Whatever your brand of bike, try Halfords!

I don't mean their bike counter (perish the thought), I mean their car paint touch up aisle. I took a close-up pic of my bike frame in fluorescent light and then compared it with what was available in Halfords (fluorescent lighting). With my blue Focus Jam2 I got an exact match with Peugot Aegean blue metallic. And I mean exact! Lucky or what? But it must be cheaper for bike companies to use an already existing paint than make up new ones. Even if they give them different names.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Don't forget that speccy is an American company, so start with Ford. I think you will be up against it because Speccy are USA. Focus is German, so I started with all the German car companies, then moved to French ones (them being big EU buddies and all). Jackpot! I still think I was lucky because whenever I looked for paint for any other bike I had owned, I never found anything close enough. I looked all over, model shops, Airfix paint, wherever paint was sold. I got close yes, better than nothing close, yes But never an exact match!

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Don't forget that speccy is an American company, so start with Ford. I think you will be up against it because Speccy are USA. Focus is German, so I started with all the German car companies, then moved to French ones (them being big EU buddies and all). Jackpot! I still think I was lucky because whenever I looked for paint for any other bike I had owned, I never found anything close enough. I looked all over, model shops, Airfix paint, wherever paint was sold. I got close yes, better than nothing close, yes But never an exact match!

??

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
I have the Taupe as well and it;'s full of chips in the chainstay area like crazy. I'd lost all hope making it look better.
Great news knowing touch up paint is available. I will order some today!

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Just my luck Specialized don't do a touch up paint for the Taupe colour so no idea where to find one I think I will just see how it goes and hopefully it doesn't chip much, I did manage to get the Nice Blue touch up though :)

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Hello @Specialized Rider Care,
can you please tell us what is a reason that we are unable to order touch-up paints for Levo 2020 in Slovenia? I need Matte-black and fellow forum member @spyderskidoo wants Rocket red touch-up paint, we checked at several Specialized selling points here in Slovenia and both got negative answers, they just cannot supply these paints (they cannot order it from you), although it is clear that these touch-up paints do exists and they have been bought/ordered in your stores (in UK?) for like £10, so why we don't have same options? Matte-black should be no big deal to replicate, but much bigger problem is Rocket red color which all nearby paint shops cannot reproduce due to its fluorescent look. We would really like to cover up these ugly stone chips on our lovely Levos, can you please help us out? Or is there any good hearted forum member which have option to buy these 2 touch-up paints in your local Specialized shop and post them to Slovenia? This would be awsome ... Many thanks!

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
I’m interested in this....I have some stone chips on my matte black Levo...I spoke to Specialized UK as my local spesh store is closed...they told me they’d ran out from existing supplier and are waiting for more?...in the mean time the guy found out the RAL code for Matte Black although he said it was the same as satin black? Any way here’s the code he gave me RAL - S183300003. Suppose I just wait until local shop has got some in or order one myself from elsewhere?

MaxyP

May 5, 2020
Wales
Last night we stopped for a break and a lent my bike safely against a rock....after 10 mins it decided to fall on the rock.....the end result was 2 nasty chips near to seat post. My colour is Taupe, I'm distressed
to read the above posts that Spesh do not offer a Taupe touch up!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles