Gut and no butt equal shorts always sliding down

Agamemnon

Nov 17, 2019
Florida
Any of you guys that have a gut and no butt have a shorts solution? I have mtn shorts with padding and they keep sliding down.
Do guys do bibs under shorts? Are there mtn bike bib shorts?
I can see how shorts getting hung up on a seat could cause problems.
Thanks.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Suspenders for $6.50 at Target work a treat holding my shorts just where I want them, just snugged up enough to be perfect. Never get hung up and here in the heat and humidity in Hawaii they are a lot cooler than bibs. Cheapest fix for your problem.

coggbike

Jul 24, 2019
California
Suspenders for $6.50 at Target work a treat holding my shorts just where I want them, just snugged up enough to be perfect. Never get hung up and here in the heat and humidity in Hawaii they are a lot cooler than bibs. Cheapest fix for your problem.

Haha, when I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought suspenders!

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Indeedy I’ve been using braces (not the teeth type) for years, as I’ve never found belts on mtb shorts to be any use. Currently using some Oregon Chainsaw braces, though they maybe overkill for padded shorts

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
No one in our group even knows I use suspenders. I don't like a soggy wet diaper hugging my butt so I just use regular active sports shorts and put a neoprene cover on the saddle for the padding. The suspenders keep the shorts right where I need them. Can't really tell I've got suspenders on in the picture at all. The shorts are so breathable they never even get damp. Also quite durable and flex with you when you bend. Honestly I think this is the best set up for mountain biking. Don't like to wear a backpack either and the shorts got plenty of pockets to distribute my repair stuff in. Works a treat. Try it!
Weedwhacking the trails.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles