Discovered a silly walk mode benefit today.

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
This may be old hat to some of you but it just occurred to me today when facing smacking my bar into a tree on a climb and coming to an abrupt halt, then having to restart and seeing I was in the wrong gear. I grabbed the front brake, pushed forward on the bars a bit to bring the back tire off of the ground, then engaged walk mode and proceeded to shift down a few gears with walk mode turning the rear wheel.

This made me happy.

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
This may be old hat to some of you but it just occurred to me today when facing smacking my bar into a tree on a climb and coming to an abrupt halt, then having to restart and seeing I was in the wrong gear. I grabbed the front brake, pushed forward on the bars a bit to bring the back tire off of the ground, then engaged walk mode and proceeded to shift down a few gears with walk mode turning the rear wheel.

This made me happy.
(y)(y)

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
That's so impressive if u did it on the bike.

Heh, I used to do it with my pedal bikes that way, picture me pushing my hips into the bars to pic the back wheel off of the ground, then leaning left some as I support the bike with my left leg and front wheel, while kicking the pedals with my right foot and shifting. This way is so much easier.

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales

This made me happy.

I've never thought of that before....... nice. (and genius)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I just lift the rear wheel off the ground, change gear than spin the crank with one foot. It's a lot quicker than engaging walk mode, that's for sure.

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ

This made me happy.
I'm having a hard time envisioning this...what do you do with your three spare hands while riding? put them in pockets? :unsure:

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I'm having a hard time envisioning this...what do you do with your three spare hands while riding? put them in pockets? :unsure:

Easy to imagine, do you remember Louis de Funes in Fantomas movie (old school French comedy)
Adjustments.jpg

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
I just lift the rear wheel off the ground, change gear than spin the crank with one foot. It's a lot quicker than engaging walk mode, that's for sure.

I still use this technique for a single gear, but on my Levo walk mode is so quick and easy to engage that I'm finding I prefer it for multiple gears. Missed a turn yesterday and ended up needing to drop 4 gears to get going the right way again, worked great for that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles