Bricked bike!!!!Failed update Trance X E+

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
Hi all

RideControl informed me that I need to update my bike to connect so I went for it.
During installation, at some 20% it lost connection from bike to phone even phone was 10cm away.
3 lights kept blinking and no response from bike, phone could not reconnect.
After some 10 minutes it stooped blinking and since that there is no way to switch on the bike.
I tried to remove the battery for 10 minutes and put it back but bike is dead.

Any idea??

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
Bike was at app 60% and phone 90%.
It started upgrade, progression bar came to 19% and within 10-20 seconds program reported lost connection to bike.
From that point it couldn't manage to reconnect to bike.
Ride control controler on bike kept blinking with 3 horizontal leds.
Than within 10 minutes all went off and from that point I couldn't manage to switch on the bike.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Did your previous version default to lights ON? If not, the new firmware version powers up with lights ON. Perhaps your lighting circuit (previously untested) is taking out.the system. Check the unused lighting connector -usually above battery lock inside the downtube- to be sure its not suffering from water ingress.

Just a guess ?

16vdady

Feb 6, 2021
Ramsgate
Did your previous version default to lights ON? If not, the new firmware version powers up with lights ON. Perhaps your lighting circuit (previously untested) is taking out.the system. Check the unused lighting connector -usually above battery lock inside the downtube- to be sure its not suffering from water ingress.

Just a guess ?
Did you sort this? Mine is asking for update and feel reluctant to try?

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
Sorted...
With dead display(controller) I have started app on my phone and randomly pressing all buttons on controler.
I looked for available Bluetooth devices but no bike there.
At one point, while pressing buttons my phone discover new device something like SYSxx.
After that my Ride Control app started to see some new bike and suddenly started to continue update.
From that point all went good.

That is all.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Sorted...
With dead display(controller) I have started app on my phone and randomly pressing all buttons on controler.
At one point, while pressing buttons my phone discover new device something like SYSxx.
After that my Ride Control app started to see some new bike and suddenly started to continue update.

That is all.
Awesome! All good!

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Sorted...

That is all.
That's scary

Calsun

May 17, 2021
Monterey CA
As with any computer device it is best to wait before applying an update and let others be the guinea pigs and deal with any failures. The concept of actually testing new code before releasing it is very seldom done by developers and even Microsoft shut down its quality control testing group for Windows 10 deciding it was more profitable to let customer do the testing and report on problems.

Not at all unusual to see patches or sub releases sent out shortly after a firmware upgrade to fix problems created by the update. I have learned to wait and look for the sub releases that can emerge days after a primary release.

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
Yes, I know all that, but.... since I first clocked my Pentium 133 to 166Mhz by moving jumper I simply can't resist upgrading things around me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles