2020 stereo hybrid 140 tm has arrived and been ridden ??

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
A phone call from my local bike shop yesterday gave me the good news that my bike had arrived and would be ready the following day ???
I picked it up at 12 today and after a charge from the fast charger I ordered for a couple of hours got out for a test ride at whinlatter ?
Compared to the old 140tm this one was, for me, much better, 29er wheels and the new motor ?
The new motor I found was quieter and very little resistance when past the limiter, I'm really pleased with it and look forward to my next day's off to get a good ride on the bike ? the only niggle I've found is the dropper remote sticking, possible cable routing problem but if they're all like that I might look at getting a remote thumb button upgrade ????

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
its no good without pictures haha, did you have a 2019 140 before the new one to compare against?
? Fair enough, here's a pre ride van shot ?
I did hire a 2019 140 tm earlier in the year for a 3hr ride so can compare directly even tho it's a while ago. I didn't find my bike too short either and I'm 6'6" but quite leggy
IMG_20191011_151054.jpg

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
Considering how crap, at the moment, the oe cube dropper remote is I'm considering an upgrade to a wolf tooth remote instead. I'll have a chat to the shop and see if they can do me a possible deal on one ???

conman

Jun 1, 2019
Keswick
I like the look of these and was hoping to ride one at Whinlatter this weekend but they cancelled the demo day at Cyclewise. Interesting that it fits you, I'm 6'5" and felt the old Cubes a bit too small but I never tried the 29er.

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
I don't think they've even got one of the new models to demo yet, you could always sling a leg over mine to try for size if you like ?

conman

Jun 1, 2019
Keswick
I don't think they've even got one of the new models to demo yet, you could always sling a leg over mine to try for size if you like ?
Yeah thanks, I'd love to check it out. I have a B&B in Keswick so I'm at Whinlatter a lot and I'm right across the street from Wetherspoons if you like beer! Let me know next time you're over this way, I'll PM you my contact info.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Several 2019 140 and 160 Cube in family /group of friends and no prob with the oem post (considering they aren´t top range). Only Limited range in the post due to cabling limited range ( is routed under the motor). 2020 as a diferente cable routing.
Did you checked the tightening torque ?

vempee

Dec 1, 2019
Finland
So jealous here, I just ordered mine 140 tm but need to hold my breath till week 8/2020 until it's here.. I don't have chance to even test it so I just picked 20" frame and I'm 189cm (6.2). Any suggestions should I take 22" frame instead, at least there's plenty of time to modify my order if needed?

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
So jealous here, I just ordered mine 140 tm but need to hold my breath till week 8/2020 until it's here.. I don't have chance to even test it so I just picked 20" frame and I'm 189cm (6.2). Any suggestions should I take 22" frame instead, at least there's plenty of time to modify my order if needed?
It depends on how leggy you are they have a 150mm dropper.

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
Just had a measure of mine, if you had the seat post all the way in the frame it measures 35 inches from the pedal at the lowest to the highest point on the seat. A minimum of a 33" inside leg will probably be needed ? I've got way more than that ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Excited! Mine is arriving today. I went for the 160 as I currently have the 160 Race from 2017. Tried the 29er and just missed the agility of the 27.5 wheels. Probably barreling down a rocky extreme trail I will be wishing I had bought the 29er, but it felt so comfortable and familiar.

By the way, I have had the Cube Dropper on my bike for 2 years and it works smoothly.
Had to tighten the screw on the lever once, and add some air a couple of times, but it still works perfectly. Must be a setup problem on yours.

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
The dropper remote got sorted, it was getting pushed round the bar which was altering the cable routing causing it to stick. The shop sorted it but I put a little carbon grease round the clamp for a bit more grip, seems to be working well ? got about 200 miles on the bike so far ?
I really like the short seat as well, would've like a longer dropper cos of the leg length.
I haven't bothered with tubeless yet, got some stans race fluid in the garage so might do it just to use that up.
Paranoid about chain cleaning ? always gets a clean after every ride, I bought a mobi pressure washer that I use to wash it down after every ride, well worth the £50 ????

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
wondering if 2019 and 2020 post´s are from same suplyer. 2020 bike arrived with Brand-X manual.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Mine arrived this morning. Built it up over my lunch break. (Home office is handy sometimes)
I'll put invisiframe on before I take it out. Also waiting for new Pedals.

Then I need to get the stand, carrier, Child seat, Duck Horn, Stabilizer Wheels, Navi, Lights, Flag, ABS brakes and Airbag mounted.. before I hang it on the wall to look at it! ;-)

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I feel the assist cut off around 27Km (info display) . More smoth cut off than previous motor. Change the Wheel circunference for the minimum yesterday, but supose doesn´t going to have big impact . How about your bikes?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
On the web page it is 24.1 KG, I haven't put mine on the scale to check that.
@Ronald B where are U based?
I guess I am lucky here near the manufacturer. Ordered on Friday, got it yesterday morning.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles