Stereo Hybrid 140 TM cable noise Help?

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
If you've got a 2020 or 2019 model, theoretically you shouldn't get any noise as they all run inside or clipped to a cable tray that sits under the internal battery mount.
I would carefully pull on the brake and gear lines to see if there's a bit of slack that can be taken up.
It could be excess cable from the Kiox/Purion controller bunched up inside behind the head tube. you could pull it all out but then you'd have to tidy it up externally.
To do it internally, you'd have to remove the fork and maybe stuff some sponge inside to trap it to the frame.

HTH

mochitloon

Sep 11, 2020
Scotland
Hi,

My Stereo has some rather loud cable rattling, anyone have any tips as to the best place to start looking?

Thanks!

I had rattling on my 160 but it wasn't the cables which I thought were the culprit. It was actually this:

Bit of a fankle to get in there (have to remove the battery lock) and add a washer but once done the rattling was gone.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
That's nuts!
Was it like that from day 1 or develop over a few rides.

I've had that whole battery holding system out of mine (2020 160 AT) and all the bolts were tightened back fully when putting back in.

Maybe yours wasn't threaded deep enough or had a bit too much threadlock that caused it to bind during assembly

Rubik

Jan 31, 2021
Billingshurst. West Sussex
I had rattling on my 160 but it wasn't the cables which I thought were the culprit. It was actually this:

Bit of a fankle to get in there (have to remove the battery lock) and add a washer but once done the rattling was gone.
Perfect! Thank you for sharing, as this solved my Reaction Hybrid annoying rattle, one half turn just cinched it up enough. Removal of the lock tip, just undo the two retaining torx screws until the barrel slides up on the threads then gently pull upwards as you undo the screws through their final turns, so as to avoid dropping these tiny screws in to the frame void. 5 minute job. Thanks once again for the video.

mochitloon

Sep 11, 2020
Scotland
That's nuts!
Was it like that from day 1 or develop over a few rides.

I've had that whole battery holding system out of mine (2020 160 AT) and all the bolts were tightened back fully when putting back in.

Maybe yours wasn't threaded deep enough or had a bit too much threadlock that caused it to bind during assembly

From Day 1. The bolt wouldn't tighten any further so either bolt is too long in the first place or there wasn't enough thread. Second washer resoved it. I found that video after a quick search as I knew the cables were all anchored and I'd already packed foam into the headtube which did nothing.

mochitloon

Sep 11, 2020
Scotland
Perfect! Thank you for sharing, as this solved my Reaction Hybrid annoying rattle, one half turn just cinched it up enough. Removal of the lock tip, just undo the two retaining torx screws until the barrel slides up on the threads then gently pull upwards as you undo the screws through their final turns, so as to avoid dropping these tiny screws in to the frame void. 5 minute job. Thanks once again for the video.

Glad it worked :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles