2020 Giant Trance E+ Pro 1

Kary

Jun 30, 2020
Carson City, NV
Just picked this up last week. I have 4 rides on it so far.

IMG_3345.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

Kary

Jun 30, 2020
Carson City, NV
Hi - I have the same bike. Any issues with the brakes? Excessive noise, vibration, etc. I've had nonstop issues for 6 months.

Love everything other than the brakes. Thanks.
No issues with any part of the bike so far. I have 650 miles on it since the end of June. I do have some side to side play in the dropper post but it functions fine.

Browneye

Feb 27, 2020
So-CAL
Try a set of Galfer pads. Both my bikes have the same calipers, and one of them glazed the pads and was squeaky - tried sanding them down but that didn't fix them. A new set and adjust the clearance on the caliper mounts, and viole - ultra silent and grippy.
$40 all in. Be sure to burnish your rotors with brake cleaner.

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
No issues with any part of the bike so far. I have 650 miles on it since the end of June. I do have some side to side play in the dropper post but it functions fine.
There is meant to be a little play in the seat post, same for the pedal cranks.

Browneye

Feb 27, 2020
So-CAL
Mine is about a year and a half old now, about a thousand HARD offroad miles, nary a scratch. Just phenom. (y)
I did replace the plastic seat post guides in the Giant dropper - a couple of hard offs and they were sloppy - tightness restored.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles