2020 Trance E+ 1 Pro upgrade with Sram GX ASX

metalcat

Mar 11, 2021
Belgium
Hi all,

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I believe the cable routing of the rear derailleur really sucks. A lot of cable rub against the rear triangle. And I believe Giant thougth so to since they changed the routing on the 2021 if I'm not mistaken.
So since I also needed to change casette, chain and chainring, I decided to take an educated gamble and try a mix with SRAM / Shimano.
My setup :
- Deore CN-M6100 12-speed Chain with Quick-Link 138 Links
- Shimano Deore CS-M6100 12-speed Cassette 10-51 (all steel, better in my opinion for ebike)
- SRAM GX ASX
I took deore, well, because it is steel, and we all know : steel is real :p ( and also not unimportant, WWWAAAYYY less expensive than anything else)

To make a long story short, this works like a charm. Almost didn't have to touch the B-gap screw or do any micro adjustment. Just watch the youtube videos of SRAM on how to install. It's all the info you need. However to use the B-gap alignment tool, watch this video :

With regards to chainlenght, if you're not sure make it a bit longer, you can easily shorten a chain, the other way around though, ...., not so easy :unsure: I didn't encounter any issue or experienced any mishap. It's all straightforward, just take your time ;)
Just one thing, IF you use the quick link supplied with the Deore chain, listen to what the box says and DO NOT REUSE IT !!!!!! I did, and the link snapped after 2 minutes of riding ??

Stay safe but have a blast !!

IMG_20210603_194440597.jpg
IMG_20210603_194747164.jpg

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Nice job w/that wireless upgrade(y)

Ive got a 2019 E-Trance & youre right about the derailleur cable rub on the lower swing arm. But for some reason these wireless derailleurs bother me in regards to another complexity i prefer not to change over to yet

Cheers, Joe

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles