Where to sell Giant Trance E|+1 Pro 2020?

aaronplant

Jul 26, 2020
Derbyshire
Hello everyone,

I am sadly having to sell my coveted E-Bike due to family circumstances, and I am hoping someone out there may be able to give me some advice on the best platform to advertise it? I bought the bike approx 2 years ago from Rutland Cycles in Leicester, and have taken very good care of it since. The bike itself is in pristine condition, and with relatively little wear - just an occasional road ride. I am gutted but circumstances are now forcing me to have to sell it. Can anyone help please?

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi, sorry to hear its gotta go. You can always put it on here under the bikes for sale section, or of course there's always your Friendly on line auction site.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Agree with above partly
Sell on here,
As for the auction sites there not for me as there is too many idiots on there at least on here you should have a like minded audience.

GLWTS

aaronplant

Jul 26, 2020
Derbyshire
Thanks for the advice, that was my main concern about auction sites, and the risks involved. I'll put together a post with some images etc, and go from there :)

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
(y), Tbh the type of person you get on eBay has a lot to do with what you are selling. Ive been selling stuff on there for years and not had any issues, however the stuff I list is quite geeky, so the people I deal with are obviously quite geeky also, and usually very polite. I think on the whole the Emtb crowd are a good bunch, I think the if you were selling on eBay your issues may arise from someone that would not be familiar with the product, Therefor you'd have to afford them a bit of time to ensure the sale was satisfactory for all, of course as you say, unlikely to be an issue here. Good luck with it

aaronplant

Jul 26, 2020
Derbyshire
(y), Tbh the type of person you get on eBay has a lot to do with what you are selling. Ive been selling stuff on there for years and not had any issues, however the stuff I list is quite geeky, so the people I deal with are obviously quite geeky also, and usually very polite. I think on the whole the Emtb crowd are a good bunch, I think the if you were selling on eBay your issues may arise from someone that would not be familiar with the product, Therefor you'd have to afford them a bit of time to ensure the sale was satisfactory for all, of course as you say, unlikely to be an issue here. Good luck with it
Thanks for this feedback - and well understood :)

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I sold my old old analogue bike on Pinkbike. Not sure if they have an eBike category, but I assume they would?
Maybe worth a look?

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
I had the very same bike and sold via EBay. Their collection process is good as you need to have the buyer scan a QR code to prove they have collected. I asked for payment before collection and offered to cancel the deal if the buyer wasn’t happy.

I was quite lucky as the guy was 100%. He even messaged me the following day to tell me he’d broken the chain and admitted his incompetence. I had explained in detail how as it was his first ebike he needed to get used to it and use the motor rather than sheer leg power. He ignored and paid the price.

I trust eBay. I’ve had my 2021 on here for sale for a while without a bite. It is a limited audience here for selling.

Good luck and sorry to hear it’s a forced sale

aaronplant

Jul 26, 2020
Derbyshire
I had the very same bike and sold via EBay. Their collection process is good as you need to have the buyer scan a QR code to prove they have collected. I asked for payment before collection and offered to cancel the deal if the buyer wasn’t happy.

I was quite lucky as the guy was 100%. He even messaged me the following day to tell me he’d broken the chain and admitted his incompetence. I had explained in detail how as it was his first ebike he needed to get used to it and use the motor rather than sheer leg power. He ignored and paid the price.

I trust eBay. I’ve had my 2021 on here for sale for a while without a bite. It is a limited audience here for selling.

Good luck and sorry to hear it’s a forced sale
Thanks for the help - yeah really gutted to be honest but hey ho, another day another dollar :) Its been a really wonderful experience riding it and its one amazing bike for sure - much more capable than me but I've loved riding it. It's only done a few hundred miles so someone may get a bargain :) Thanks again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles